Robert Whittaker thinks the scuffle between Strickland and DDP was staged

UFC got their money's worth and the highlight reel for UFC countdown. They knew what they were doing. They gotta be careful next time, what if a fan got hurt. Lawsuits ain't fun.

UFC got their money's worth and the highlight reel for UFC countdown. They knew what they were doing. They gotta be careful next time, what if a fan got hurt. Lawsuits ain't fun.
Even if they were faking it someone can get hurt.

I definitely thought it seemed like a work to me. Robert can't say that Sean was in on it but Dricus wasn't though. You can't have one guy going to fake fight and the other gonna go real. The shots just looked like WWE style forearm shots to like the upper back area.

Seems like a risky thing to do. If you are gonna do a work, Strickland should be the last guy to trust with that. Also too many people around.

I don't think it was staged staged but I do think Strickland didn't go crazy and that he jut wanted to promote the fight. Reason for his shitty punches is he needs DDP in the octagon to make money.

I don't think it was staged staged but I do think Strickland didn't go crazy and that he jut wanted to promote the fight. Reason for his shitty punches is he needs DDP in the octagon to make money.
Yeah that could be it. Just start a scuffle without an intent to cause grievous harm,just get a few lumps in there.

Obviously. Why do you think they were sat next to eachother with a camera in their face. This shit is all fake for hype. Always has been

Obviously. Why do you think they were sat next to eachother with a camera in their face. This shit is all fake for hype. Always has been
Not so sure. If you are gonna fake an altercation you dont do it in a huge crowd full of people with 4k fuckin cell phone cameras between guys who fight all the time. So much can backfire,LEAST of which,is to look fake,which risks losing credibility. Doing something in a crowd like that,too much can go wrong...especially when real altercations break out between fighters all the time. Its not like there is a lack of those.

Hmm, interesting take.

Whittaker says the way Sean was delivering blows looked like he was "pulling" them, like pro-wrestling style.

What IF the WWE type of "work" is being adapted into this era of the UFC?

Could this be a staged agreement between Sean and Du Plessis?

To generate hype and sell more tickets?
I watched the Conor/Cowboy fight so anything is possible at this point. I think it could've been staged.

After the Chael vs Wand "fight" I don't believe any kind of drama the UFC shows lol.
Its not exactly hard to rile Wanderlei up.

I don't think they'd be clashing about incestuous buggery to sell a fake crowd clash, but Strickland definitely fucked it with some of the worst punches seen from a pro fighter. It definitely looked like a Ric Flair fight

Theres only one DDP son,
ddp-ddp-yoga.gif

Back