Dricus du Plessis Didn’t Do Enough to Win That Fight

Not as bad as "Me only watch punchy punchy therefore Sean wins" takes.

Again I think it's fair to say Sean won but I also think it's fair to say Dricus won. Anyone saying those middle rounds were definitely Sean's is being dishonest.

I know what you're saying but when you get outstruck by 70+ shots to the head its hard not to notice tbf.
DDP had takedowns but they really didn't produce any fruit, 0 Effective GNP, 0 Sub attempts, not much control to speak of.

I thought Sean won myself because he got hit less and there was a lot of air balls by Dricus.
It was definitely a close fight but what do I know.

Not that I think Strickland did much, but one day we will look back at the rules/scoring we have now and laugh at them.

Did those takedowns accomplish anything besides wasting time?

Strickland fans should be more mad at Sean, he started off good and then allowed himself to be pressured too much. With how both fought I expected a toss up decision and that's exactly what we got, fun fight though hopefully we get a rematch down the road.

Strickland fans should be more mad at Sean, he started off good and then allowed himself to be pressured too much. With how both fought I expected a toss up decision and that's exactly what we got, fun fight though hopefully we get a rematch down the road.
Yup, I’m not sure how anyone can argue that Sean did enough to win that fight. It was an awful performance by him and he sure as shit didn’t look like a champ.

Back