BREAKING: Robert Whittaker vs. Luke Rockhold Confirmed for UFC 221

Who wins?

• Total voters
Thank god, Middleweight will finally stop being a circus show.

Although Whittaker has been on a tear lately, I still think Rockhold is the most complete fighter in the division right now.

Round 2...

MindlessFaintBlackrhino-size_restricted.gif

imo brunson, weidman, and gastelum are all more deserving. shouldn't reward rockhold for sitting on a shelf for a year and then taking on a barely top ten opponent.

Last edited:
imo brunson, weidman, and gastelum are all more deserving. shouldn't reward rockhold for sitting on a shelf for a year and then taking on a barely top opponent.

They aren't rewarding him for sitting out. They are rewarding him for his model-level good looks. If they didn't give him the shot he would have signed a max contract with brazzers and the UFC can't lose another star.

Whittaker's hands are too good. He'll catch Luke coming in or out with that left hook guaranteed.

Bets mijos?

The true MW title fight.

I'm a big fan of GSP but this should be for the title. George should drop the title, if he is going 170.

True mw title fight?

Bisping was knocked out by bisping and beat a guy from wsof.

That’s what it takes to get title fight???

Luke better get it to the ground and keep it there or he's fucked

a Whitaker KO would be extremely satisfying , Rockhold will have a big size advantage

Bobby Knuckles gets a decision here, it could be a serious battle though.

Rockhold at his best beats anyone in the division. Will Rockhold bring his A game though?

I like Whittaker as a person more but Rockhold is a fun villian and puts on great fights so War Rockhold.

Prediction: By the time this fight actually happens, it will be for the undisputed MW belt.
I can't see any scenario where it wouldn't be for the undisputed belt. I think if GSP were planning on defending Robert and his management wouldn't risk losing the chance of headlining a PPV against one of the top draws in the UFC.

I don't know specifics of his contract but it seems fighters in interim title fights are paid the same as those in regular title fights, so I wouldn't be surprised if he would get PPV points in a fight against GSP even as the interim title holder. I think GSP will vacate and if he fights again it will be against Conor at 170.

Whittaker being the nice boy and taking all the killers as always. War Whittaker!

Bobby Knuckles FTW. Luke is insanely talented but also insufferable.

Back