BREAKING: Robert Whittaker vs. Luke Rockhold Confirmed for UFC 221

Who wins?

• Total voters
Bobby might be giving up height/reach but really, Lukes got mainly kicks from outside then hes clinching wanting to grapple

Whitaker is karate based so will defend the kicks, he shrugged off both Jacare and Yoel in clinches, and his hands are snappy lethal. Especially his crispy left hook and if I remember correctly Luke doesnt fare well against counter left hooks......

Good fight, Idk if Weidmans booked but I see Yoel been silently creeping in the background. Im waiting to see who Romero fights next

Good fight, this was the fight to make. I'm unsure who will win, possibly Rockhold by rear naked choke in later rounds

Lol Luke gets a shot for getting lit up by David branch before finally winning a fight he was cherry picked to win.

Rockhold is no joke, of course.
However I think this match up is stylistically good for my man bobby.
The speed that bobby covers distance forward with this punches will ruin rockhold day.
Rockhold biggest weakness is his boxing defense. RW biggest strength is his hand speed and power
Rockhold best strength is his jitz/gnp. RW biggest weakness is probably his defensive ground game, but his TDD and scrambles/get ups are god-tier.

It's Bobby's fight to lose IMO.

I also declare I am an unashamed nut hugger of my Australian comrade.

Whittaker but Rockhold can get the submission

lmao Rockhard is going to molest Robert on the ground. Whittaker is a MW Tony Ferg - tough, creative striker with no big weaknesses and champion material. But like Ferg against Conor or Khabibi, he's not so incredible that when he gets the right spot he wins.

Rockhard takes literally anyone down and they're done. Smashing Weidman should have made that clear.

Hockhold is the most overrated striker in the ufc and will be slept early if he trades.

Rockhold is good but Whittaker is a beast and Luke's last fight did not give me confidence in his striking. I think Luke loses this.

Whitaker takes this as long as he's back to normal from his injury. He's too quick with his striking for Rockhold and his takedown defense and scrambling are good enough to keep it standing.

Really like this fight for the real belt. Hard to pick. But if I had to put money on it. Whitaker by finish. Just glad GSP gave up the title instead of holding up the division. #RESPECT #LETTHEMBANG

Back