BREAKING: Robert Whittaker vs. Luke Rockhold Confirmed for UFC 221

Who wins?

• Total voters
Rockhold via round 2 submission

If it is for the championship, at least props to GSP for not holding the division like Conor does.
Is not much, I know, I am not trying to defend his move.

Pretty bad matchup for The Reaper if smart Rockhold shows up

I agree
Most people are seeing Whit winning but Rockhold has some solid advantage against Whit
If he doesn't fight like he did with Bisping... but I don't think so, because he clearly is aware of Whit's power. Probably he respects Whit more than Bisping

I hope St. Pierre holds onto that title and fights the winner. FK Dana White and Co.

"The promotion is on the verge of officially booking Robert Whittaker vs. Luke Rockhold for UFC 221 on Feb. 10 in Perth, Western Australia, MMAFighting.com has learned."

Not quite confirmed but should be soon.

Disappointed if GSP isn't defending the MW title but I like Robert as MW champ , he deserves it he took on everyone offered to him and beat them all .
I really hope Robert gets the KO in my home town to retain the MW title

I think Whitaker takes this. But it's a close fight, could go either way.

Prediction: By the time this fight actually happens, it will be for the undisputed MW belt.

109_Robert_Whittaker_vs_Jacare_Souza.0.0.jpg

so I'm wondering if they are actually making Whitaker defend the interim belt. If yes, that's the most ridiculous shit ever...

rockhold should win this

when he isnt talking trash about vitor or wand
i support him

This is the real middle weight belt !!!. Whittaker all the way. Luke is a great fighter but I don't know if his chin can take shots from Whittaker. Whittaker proved he can stop take downs Luke's best chance is taking him down I don't see that happening.

Simple solution for this interim shit.

Step 1. Ask GSP to honestly say whether or not he will defend the middleweight belt.

Step 2. If the answer is yes, get him to sign contract to fight Whitaker. If no, strip him of the belt.

END

They sure moved one quick from GDP.
Wonder what the hold up with 0-1 is with regards to the LW title.

Back