BREAKING: Robert Whittaker vs. Luke Rockhold Confirmed for UFC 221

Who wins?

• Total voters
The true MW title fight.

I'm a big fan of GSP but this should be for the title. George should drop the title, if he is going 170.

i hope gsp does the right thing here

Simple solution for this interim shit.

Step 1. Ask GSP to honestly say whether or not he will defend the middleweight belt.

Step 2. If the answer is yes, get him to sign contract to fight Whitaker. If no, strip him of the belt.

END

How he going to fight Whitaker? When he's set to fight Rockhold now.

so I'm wondering if they are actually making Whitaker defend the interim belt. If yes, that's the most ridiculous shit ever...
It's embarrassing. Whittaker should be crowned the first australian champion and get to have his first defence on home soil. Making him defend an interim belt when GSP blatantly has no intention of defending is insulting

Pretty bad matchup for The Reaper if smart Rockhold shows up

Rockhold's weakness is against guys who have better boxing then him. Add the fact that Rob has amazing TDD might force Rockhold to stand. If you pressure Luke, then he can't set up his kicks. I think if Rob can prevent Yoel from getting him down, then he should be able to stop Luke from doing so

Whittaker stuffs Rockhold's subpar takedowns and gets the RD 2 T/KO with his boxing.
yeah i think this one doesn't go to the ground, luke's tds aren´t good enough (and rob's defensive grappling is on point too, as he proved in the jacare fight). Whittaker by tko in the first 2 rds is the most likely outcome here.

Gastelum would've been a much more intriguing matchup imo. Still favor Robert tho.

Rockhold is great on the ground and in scrambles, but not so much in getting there. Jacare couldn't get it there, and Romero had a lot of trouble, so unless bobby slips, it's going to be all on the feet.

Rockholds kicks won't be enough, and his poor striking defense will get picked apart by Whittaker.

Simple solution for this interim shit.

Step 1. Ask GSP to honestly say whether or not he will defend the middleweight belt.

Step 2. If the answer is yes, get him to sign contract to fight Whitaker. If no, strip him of the belt.

END
I have another solution. Rename them correctly. Whittaker is the champ and GSP is now the people's intercontinental interim champion.

Look at you stepping on @Arkridge 's toes :cool:

MRW-I-miss-McDonalds-breakfast-by-just-a-few-minutes-james-franco-crying-pineapple-express.gif

Whitaker if it stays standing. Rockhold if he's able to make it a grappling fight. I don't think Luke will be able to get him down though. If Yoel couldn't outwrestle him then I doubt Rockhold can. If he does good chance he locks up a sub though.

Hope rocksalt gets KOd. Besides beating an overrated Weidman he has fought mostly sub par competition all while acting like he is some mma God. Can't wait for him to get demolished.

I wonder if they find Meagan Anderson a fight for this card or if they just save her for Cyborg. I'd like to see her get the UFC jitters out of the way before stepping in with Cyborg.

Love Rob but Cockhold is one mean sob when focused. I am leaning towards Luke.

Rockhold has all the skills it takes to be the MW champ again but I’m rooting for Whittaker here.

Whittaker but I won' underestimate that ground game of Rockhold.
I'm not saying Robert is a lock to win, but even Yoel couldn't take him down... that's Olympic level wrestling

Back