Breaking ...Canelo Alvarez tested positive for clembuterol

not fair. it is still plausible that canelo is not a drug cheat, and his only wrongdoing is being the recipient of paid-off judges, whereas jon jones is an utter piece of fuken garbage, eye-poking piece of shit as well as a drug cheat.

During this entire Canelo drug testing fiasco, I couldn't help but I wonder if he was taking anything against Lara...

People will now question his entire career.
Perhaps at that point it was "tainted supplements" and not "Tainted meat"

Probably not. it's mostly former athletes who were around PEDs when they competed that actually care.

Someone earlier in this thread said that all sports are full of guys saying they are the only clean guy among a bunch of cheaters. That's kind of true. I'll tell you something else that PED users say.

1. "If no one used any drugs I would still be the best. " <-- that's usually never true and they know it.

2. "Meh - that previous generation didn't know what they were doing. We've got it all dialed in now and know what we are doing. We're not going to end up with those long term health issues those other guys had". Every generation of dopers says that.

Good points. I laugh seeing guys pull 900lb deadlifts talking about being clean when they're under 20% bodyfat.

What's your opinion on altitude training? It's essentialy blood doping but permitted because there's no needles involved.

Bit of a Segway I know, but as someone who's versed in steroids and other PEDs I'm curious as to you opinion on that as it's not addressed currently.

Good points. I laugh seeing guys pull 900lb deadlifts talking about being clean when they're under 20% bodyfat.

What's your opinion on altitude training? It's essentialy blood doping but permitted because there's no needles involved.

Bit of a Segway I know, but as someone who's versed in steroids and other PEDs I'm curious as to you opinion on that as it's not addressed currently.

I am by no means an expert on PEDs and especially not on steroids. But I am very familiar with doping (as a practice), having been around a lot of it.

WADA and sport ethics people are pretty much unanimous that use of altitude in training is a legit practice in stimulating more RBCs as it is a natural stress and natural response to a stress. It's the same as lifting weights. You stress the muscle, and with sleep and nutrients the muscle gets stronger. it gets tricky in Italy. In Italy, high altitude tents are banned. I mean the cops will arrest you for having one. THey dont' consider using an oxygen tent to be legal and not only is it banned by CONI, the cops WILL arrest you. I dont' have a problem with it. You sleep in a low pressure oxygen tent and your body responds by putting out more RBCs. You're doing the work, it's a natural thing that people all over the world do as part of their everyday lives in high altitude regions of the world. You are also trading off some recovery while sleeping in low oxygen pressure. To me, it's like any other form of training or nutrition work you do as part of your sport.

One thing you should know about altitude conditioning is that the preferred way to do it is "train low, sleep high". You want to work at maximal output, with as much oxygen as possible, for conditioning, and then sleep at high altitude to increase [Hb]. Training at high altitude is only good for one thing and that's getting used to the feeling of workload in the presence of low oxygen so that you aren't shocked when it feels like a bear just jumped on your back, when it's showtime.

I gotta say, it doesn't sound to me like Abel Sanchez wants the rematch to happen.

Are we talking about specific adverse effects of Clen? Well lets start with the fact that it goes to the heart and triggers apoptosis of myocytes. That means it initiates programmed cell death of heart muscle cells. Other than that, you have your standard tremors, heart palpitation, and increased blood pressure. the shitty thing about clen is that it can decrease time to fatigue meaning you gas faster.

Of course when combined with T4 it is incredibly effective in dropping body fat. 140lb cyclists prepping for the Tour de France have dropped 5 lbs of fat in a matter of 2 or 3 weeks --- which is just nuts when you think about it. I can see why a boxer would take it.

A lot of PEDs have serious acute adverse effects, Clen happens to have serious permanent adverse effects even when discontinued. I wonder if he went through a veterinarian for the script - LMAO.
I have first hand knowlege of using Clen and I really hated the tremours, heart palpitation and the anxiety it brought on. Not pleasant to use. And yeah it did make me gas faster. Sort of like what happens to Canelo when he gases... *just joking or am I...

Last edited:
Meh, I don't know. This has happened to a lot of Mexican fighters. I don't really see why Canelo would be taking Clen in between fights before his training camp.

Its probably not right for their to be special rules for mexicans but the precedent has been set multiple times. The fight won't be cancelled and when Golovkin loses, fans can pretend it didn't happen.

I gotta say, it doesn't sound to me like Abel Sanchez wants the rematch to happen.

Neither would I. The guy's levels were 14x higher than the Tour de france champ Contador that was banned for the same thing(And he even used the same excuse). If anyone thinks that was from eating bad meat, I got a nice beach front property in Antarctica to sell them.

golovkin was the ibf, ibo, wba and wbc champ and remained so because the first fight was ruled a draw.

there was no obligation for golovkin to make a second fight with canelo. one would assume that he did so on his own accord

golovkin was the ibf, ibo, wba and wbc champ and remained so because the first fight was ruled a draw.

there was no obligation for golovkin to make a second fight with canelo. one would assume that he did so on his own accord
Canelo is still the lineal champ. If Golovkin wants to be the king of the division, he has to get through Canelo. Any other time, we'd be talking about how meaningless the belts are.

Canelo is still the lineal champ. If Golovkin wants to be the king of the division, he has to get through Canelo. Any other time, we'd be talking about how meaningless the belts are.

lmfao lineal

canelos about as lineal as shannon briggs was after he beat foreman when big george was beltless after he was stripped of his ibf and wba belts for failing to defend them

lmfao lineal

canelos about as lineal as shannon briggs was after he beat foreman when big george was stripped of his ibf and wba belts for failing to defend them
lol at LMFAO for lineal.

Golovkin is just a paper champ until he beats Canelo.

lol at LMFAO for lineal.

Golovkin is just a paper champ until he beats Canelo.

golovkin.jpg

If it was the other way around, you'd say Canelo's belts mean nothing. Admit it.

how did you turn this into sanchez doesnt want the rematch, where i rationalized how golovkin did having no obligation to fight canelo again(where the majjority of people believed that he won), to golovkin is a paper champ?

try to stay on topic, no matter how hard that is for you

how did you turn this into sanchez doesnt want the rematch, where i rationalized how golovkin did having no obligation to fight canelo again(where the majjority of people believed that he won), to golovkin is a paper champ?

try to stay on topic, no matter how hard that is for you
I don't see how you don't see the connections in those things, I guess.

Golovkin doesn't have to fight Canelo.... unless he wants to be the king of the division.

Golovkin doesn't have to fight Canelo.... unless he wants to be the king of the division.

If GGG is a paper champ what's "Catchweight King" Canelo? You'd have to have an axe grind to call GGG a paper champ.

If it was the other way around, you'd say Canelo's belts mean nothing. Admit it.

canelo, theoretically, no longer holds the 160 mw lineal belt per ring magazine, owned by golden boy promotions

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/1840...the-ring-magazine-belt-and-how-do-you-win-it/

There are six ways you can lose the belt if you: lose a fight in his championship weight class; move to another weight class; not schedule a fight in any weight class for 18 months; not schedule a fight in his championship weight class for 18 months, even if fighting at another weight class; not scheduling a fight with a top five contender in any weight class for two years; or retiring.

when canelo fought liam smith for the 154 belt he moved to another weight class and this qualifies as one of the six ways that you can lose the ring magazine belt

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_The_Ring_world_champions

he already became king, unless bjs agrees to fight, when golovkin, the number one in the division beat jacobs, the number two in the division...this after canelo vacated 160 to fight 154 per the ring rules

Back