Breaking ...Canelo Alvarez tested positive for clembuterol

Let's just say he's a longtime GGG skeptic.Like GGG wins he'll find a reason to poo poo said performance and/or opponent. Don't even get him started on Bhop. You've been around for quite a bit now tho you know how all of this goes.

@Seano get your life. GGG is the king. Canelo may or may not be juicing on purpose. Only you could turn this into a Canelo pity parade.
Pity parade? You're crazy.

Well, the issue is that he got caught for something the same commission has already excused in the past. I say just test the guy through his camp. I don't see how trace amounts of clen would be a benefit when he's not training.

If he tests positive in camp, strip the guy and suspend him.

wtf does camp have to do with this?

canelo got caught, camp or no camp

It seem irrational to call Canelo a cheat. The whim of public opinion is a strange beast. The testing organization said the levels were consistent with contaminated meat and are giving him a pass, to me that good enough given then history his country has with their livestock industry. While its possible he did cheat, the evidence suggests he didn't and I don't think its good policy to label somebody unless convicted.

i was open-minded before but not after reading this thread...damning facts and even more blatant how the wba and wbc are playing ignorant

https://www.boxingscene.com/forums/showthread.php?t=774829

this pretty much sums it up even for those very few that have bought bridges before

There's no way any of us knows for sure if the guy was on clen purposefully or not. We can't prove intent, and intent DOES matter.

Remember when Timmy Bradley kept headbutting every guy he fought and their mother? I fully believe he didn't INTEND to put dents in those guys' heads. But what does matter is negligence. You're worth millions of dollars, you either made a mistake that is beneath you, immature move on your part. Or you're doing it on purpose for more nefarious reasons.

I might be able to buy Canelo accidentally eating some tainted beef or whatever, but what I will not buy is the guy's negligence when he, a Mexican born and raised, doesn't realize this type of shit happens ALL the time and can potentially ruin his money and more importantly his rep within the sport he loves so much. That is the story here.

Last edited:
wtf does camp have to do with this?

canelo got caught, camp or no camp
I agree and said so earlier. Rules are rules and its up to the AC to determine if he's at fault.

To make up for losing his PED's, Clenelo will now buy off a second judge and back pedal even faster in the rematch.

I picked Canelo for the rematch and now that I know he's been smashing that special Mexican beef, I'm even more confident.

To make up for losing his PED's, Clenelo will now buy off a second judge and back pedal even faster in the rematch.

I know it's a joke and it's pretty funny, but in all seriousness you bring up an interesting point. I think he'll actually stand in there and fight even more to prove he doesn't need any of that shit in his system to beat GGG.

One of my first thoughts after hearing about this Clenelo news was first "oh fuck I hope they're still fighting GGG probably doesn't care." 2nd was "man IF he was juicing on purpose that means he really felt like he lost the first fight and needed something 'extra' to get him past the superhuman Shifting master, known as Gennady Gennadyevich Golovkin." Yes I said GGG's whole name while thinking to myself. No I didn't but it sounds cooler that way.

So all in all Canelo has always had that fuego inside him, maybe clen too, but definitely mucho fuego. Abel got under his skin for calling him a runner which isn't true imo but it was interesting to see how offended Canelo got. He doesn't want to be known as a guy to back off from a firefight, and the fact that he got busted for clen, a performance enhancer, and whether he was on it by accident or not, tells me that this whole ordeal will make him even more aggressive in the rematch to show the fans he can be clen, I mean clean, and still beat GGG clearly.

Who knows I think he might even go all in and try to ko GGG to make a statement. If that backfires he's most likely the one on the end of the ko, tho. This is very interesting to see how a guy like Canelo, who wears his emotions on his sleeve, will react to all of this, not only in the lead up to the fight, but even moreso on HOW he approaches the actual fight itself when they're finally in the ring for rd13.

I have a feeling this clen shit will make this fight even better than the first time. Canelo is more likely to stand in there and die than run for his life imo, now that his rep is damaged b/c of this, rightly or wrongly.

/rant. Sorry that post made me think about something I haven't thought or seen talked about much and I got carried away as per usual.

Last edited:
Meh, I don't know. This has happened to a lot of Mexican fighters. I don't really see why Canelo would be taking Clen in between fights before his training camp.

Its probably not right for their to be special rules for mexicans but the precedent has been set multiple times. The fight won't be cancelled and when Golovkin loses, fans can pretend it didn't happen.

The difference is that Canelo is (or should be) more educated and wealthier than the other Mexican fighters to avoid such a situation. We don't know if he was taking Clen intentionally or unintentionally. You want to give him to benefit of the doubt, but then you realize that he doesn't live under a rock and should know about the risks of contamination in Mexican beef. He comes from a family of butchers.

As I said before, if Mexican boxers want to continue in their sport they have 4 options
1.) Become Vegan/ Vegatarian
2.) Ship meat from another country
3.) Leave the country
4.) Retire

They shouldn't get special treatment because of where they're from.

The difference is that Canelo is (or should be) more educated and wealthier than the other Mexican fighters to avoid such a situation. We don't know if he was taking Clen intentionally or unintentionally. You want to give him to benefit of the doubt, but then you realize that he doesn't live under a rock and should know about the risks of contamination in Mexican beef. He comes from a family of butchers.

As I said before, if Mexican boxers want to continue in their sport they have 4 options
1.) Become Vegan/ Vegatarian
2.) Ship meat from another country
3.) Leave the country
4.) Retire

They shouldn't get special treatment because of where they're from.
eh, that doesn't matter. Thats what people who don't like Canelo think.

The rules and what the commission decides is what matters and they've already let fighters who tested positive for clen fight, sometimes even if they tested dirty right before a fight.

Do you guys not know how it works at all? Canelo beat Cotto, who beat Sergio, who beat Pavlik, who beat Taylor, who beat Hopkins. Thats the lineage of the MW championship. Golovkin is not part of it.
i'm not disputing the fact that he holds (or held) the lineal championship, i'm shocked that anyone would consider GGG a paper champ until he beat canelo.

one of them terrorized the MW division for years and destroyed anyone who actually dared to step in there with him, gathering 4 major belts in the process. the other one is canelo.

canelo might actually be the best middleweight out there right now, but that's because GGG is old. when canelo beat cotto, golovkin would've fucked both of them up. when they fought, GGG should have rightfully gotten the decision, but whatever, it was a close fight and i'll accept the draw. but the MW division has one king, and it sure as fuck isn't canelo.

eh, that doesn't matter. Thats what people who don't like Canelo think.

The rules and what the commission decides is what matters and they've already let fighters who tested positive for clen fight, sometimes even if they tested dirty right before a fight.

Canelo fighting isn't really the issue, if the commissions and the sanctioning bodies think it's enough, it's enough (and to be fair, Canelo passed his most recent tests). Frankly, given it's a weight cutter, I'd rather they fight again; if Canelo makes weight agains cleanly, that goes a long way again to proving that it really was meat and not drugs. That said, I don't think it's unreasonable to be annoyed that Canelo jeopardized the fight if it really was because of tainted meat (which is relatively common in mexico), given how smart his team is and how easy it should be for him to import meat. And given the real possibility that Canelo was actually using, that's the more preferable outcome.

Just in case he was using clem (or was using it as a masker, which is less likely IMO) and just decided to clean up for his most recent tests (clem passes through the system fairly quickly), Canelo should be required to do more stringent testing to prove he's clean first. I wouldn't be totally shocked if he was juicing, given that he's a pretty big weight cutter and has a history of weight cutting difficulty. All that said, Canelo should take some steps to prove that he's not a user first, I think otherwise, it'll leave a bad taste in a lot of people's mouths. Not that Canelo likely cares, he's gonna make bank either way, but it doesn't look great legacy wise, even if it's not a legacy killer.

also, lol at "Thats what people who don't like Canelo think." That logic sounds familiar...

Last edited:
Anyone who believes in the "tainted supplements" "tainted meat" reason . . . well. Those people can P.M. me their financial details (all your money) and I'll send you some magic beans that grant requests.

Anyone who believes in the "tainted supplements" "tainted meat" reason . . . well. Those people can P.M. me their financial details (all your money) and I'll send you some magic beans that grant requests.
PM sent. I have a lot of excuses and dismissals I can offer you in trade for your beans. HMU.

i was open-minded before but not after reading this thread...damning facts and even more blatant how the wba and wbc are playing ignorant

this pretty much sums it up even for those very few that have bought bridges before

Is anyone not reading this? If that report is true then Canelo tested positive for high amounts not traces! Meat contamination my ass, he was properly juicing!

Is anyone not reading this? If that report is true then Canelo tested positive for high amounts not traces! Meat contamination my ass, he was properly juicing!

Yeah the more comes out of this, the guiltier canelo is looking. What a shame, great fighter who will now be (rightfully so) associated with peds

We also know that some money is going to be passed around and the fight will go on schedule like nothing happened

Gigantic flaw in that post:

He's comparing Canelo's clen level's with levels from athletes from european countries, who were most likely exposed to very different source of clenbuterol.

They key factor here is mexican meat. Mexico in particular has a big food safety problem as mexican meat producers are using that crap illegaly all the time.
These were the levels of clenbuterol found in Mexico's national soccer team players (confirmed case of meat contamination):

Christian ‘Hobbit’ Bermúdez: 0.6 ng/mL
Édgar Dueñas: 0.8 ng/mL
Guillermo Ochoa: 1.1 ng/mL
Francisco Javier Rodríguez: 1.3 ng/mL
Antonio Naelson ‘Sinha’: 4.2 ng/mL

Canelo had 0.6 to 0.8 ng/mL of clenbuterol. As you can see his levels fall within the levels of other meat contamination cases in Mexico. His levels were actually lower than some of the guys above. Furthermore, even when those soccer players were exposed to the same contaminated meat, their levels still vary a lot: 0.6 ng/mL lowest to 4.2 ng/mL highest, which shows that that logic of "ZOMG, his levels were high so he was cheateing", is pure nonsense.

According to a doctor, 10 oz of meat could be enough to show levels up to 40 ng/mL of clen.

http://www.mediotiempo.com/futbol/s...-a-conocer-nivel-de-clembuterol-en-tricolores

Last edited:
Back