Breaking ...Canelo Alvarez tested positive for clembuterol

Did Saunders just call Golovkin boreRat?

Don't see what the issue is with doping. Makes for better sport.

He does it regularly.

He's a special kind of asshole.

It's true. Billy Joe is a worthless piece of trash that will never be taken seriously. His kid is a hillbilly, too. He is a walking joke that has been holding a major belt hostage for so long I forgot it existed.

@therealdope I'll hand this one to you lol

Are we talking about specific adverse effects of Clen? Well lets start with the fact that it goes to the heart and triggers apoptosis of myocytes. That means it initiates programmed cell death of heart muscle cells. Other than that, you have your standard tremors, heart palpitation, and increased blood pressure. the shitty thing about clen is that it can decrease time to fatigue meaning you gas faster.

Of course when combined with T4 it is incredibly effective in dropping body fat. 140lb cyclists prepping for the Tour de France have dropped 5 lbs of fat in a matter of 2 or 3 weeks --- which is just nuts when you think about it. I can see why a boxer would take it.

A lot of PEDs have serious acute adverse effects, Clen happens to have serious permanent adverse effects even when discontinued. I wonder if he went through a veterinarian for the script - LMAO.

Last edited:
Ortiz had a history with PEDs, whereas Canelo doesn't. Ortiz didn't disclose that he was using blood pressure medication when he was required to do so. Ortiz was also eventually found to not be at fault, as well. Canelo, on the other hand, tested positive for something that has been shown in many other instances to be caused by meat contamination. I'm not suggesting that people shouldn't be suspicious of Canelo, but these aren't exactly identical situations, and allowing the fight to go on isn't exactly out of step with how things would have been handled with any fighter in question.

This place doesn't really care about if it's right or wrong or how many times they have done it or if they have history it, or if one excuse is a little better than the other. Most of the time it boils down to if they like the fighter or the fan base.

Maybe I'm harsh. I think the guy cheated.

Are we talking about specific adverse effects of Clen? Well lets start with the fact that it goes to the heart and triggers apoptosis of myocytes. That means it initiates programmed cell death of heart muscle cells. Other than that, you have your standard tremors, heart palpitation, and increased blood pressure. the shitty thing about clen is that it can decrease muscle time to fatigue meaning you gas faster.

Of course when combined with T4 it is incredibly effective in dropping body fat. 140lb cyclists prepping for the Tour de France have dropped 5 lbs of fat in a matter of 2 or 3 weeks --- which is just nuts when you think about it. I can see why a boxer would take it.

A lot of PEDs have serious acute adverse effects, Clen happens to have serious permanent adverse effects even when discontinued. I wonder if he went through a veterinarian for the script - LMAO.

Given the extreme adverse side effects, and if I'm understanding your post correctly, why would professional athletes (cyclists or boxers) even risk it?

The more of this I read about, the more I think he was just not the most responsible person with his diet.

Given the extreme adverse side effects, and if I'm understanding your post correctly, why would professional athletes (cyclists or boxers) even risk it?

The more of this I read about, the more I think he was just not the most responsible person with his diet.

Because going up mountains is all about power to weight ratio and dropping 5 lbs means about 3% more watts/kg. That's actually a lot at the top level.

Why would boxers use it? Easy way to cut weight. You can be lazy and cut fat easily. OTOH - if you are very disciplined but need to drop 3 or 4 lbs and can't do it through diet alone, then clen + T4 will take you to a body fat that is unachievable naturally.

Because going up mountains is all about power to weight ratio and dropping 5 lbs means about 3% more watts/kg. That's actually a lot at the top level.

Why would boxers use it? Easy way to cut weight. You can be lazy and cut fat easily. OTOH - if you are very disciplined but need to drop 3 or 4 lbs and can't do it through diet alone, then clen + T4 will take you to a body fat that is unachievable naturally.

Would it continue to have a weight cutting effecting for a long or short period of time? I.e. if a fighter was trying to make weight, would clenbuterol need be administered 8-12 weeks before a fight or closer to fight time to be effective? I'd imagine the latter.

Given that it could cause a fighter to gas sooner (not to mention the heart complications), it seems like the benefits for weightloss are outweighed by the risks. But then again, I'm not the guy with millions of dollars on the line.

Recent cases:
- China's Fuyu Li: 50-100 picograms
- Italy's Alessandro Colò: 200 picograms
- Spain's Alberto Contador: 50 picograms
- Germany's Dimitrij Ovtcharov: 75 picograms
- Mexico's Saul "Canelo" Alvarez: 600-800 piocgrams

And the only reason Alberto Contadope got caught is that WADA didn't let anyone know that they had new machines with higher sensitivity in detection. They caught a bunch of guys. Clearly they were all playing it right to the detection limit of the mass specs that they thought WADA was using. Surprise, surprise when WADA hit them with the big kabosh.

That Canelo reading is straight out of the 1988 Olympics when Clen hit the scene and it wasn't yet banned. It was hilarious, suddenly every weightlifter and sprinter was an asthmatic, and the universal drug for everyone at the Seoul Olympics was Clenbuterol - LMAO.

I've always wondered if FloJo's death was mostly due to Clen? I mean she died at 43 (heart failure) and no one has come even close to her 100 and 200m WRs in 30 fucking years!! Sounds legit to me - LOL.

Just in case you don't know how much muscle she had ...

Florence-Griffith-Joyner1.jpg

Would it continue to have a weight cutting effecting for a long or short period of time? I.e. if a fighter was trying to make weight, would clenbuterol need be administered 8-12 weeks before a fight or closer to fight time to be effective? I'd imagine the latter.

Given that it could cause a fighter to gas sooner (not to mention the heart complications), it seems like the benefits for weightloss are outweighed by the risks. But then again, I'm not the guy with millions of dollars on the line.

I don't know the answer to your question but I can guess. They are using it 2 to 4 weeks before the fight to cut weight. THey're also getting an anabolic effect but it's not as big as if they used steroids/TST.

Why are they doing it? To cut weight (probably). The cardiac issues accumulate over time and the fighters don't give a shit about the possibility of dying at 50 from cardiomyopathy.

I don't know the answer to your question but I can guess. They are using it 2 to 4 weeks before the fight to cut weight. THey're also getting an anabolic effect but it's not as big as if they used steroids/TST.

Why are they doing it? To cut weight (probably). The cardiac issues accumulate over time and the fighters don't give a shit about the possibility of dying at 50 from cardiomyopathy.

Thanks for the info.

Back