Black people are segregating themselves - Harvard + UFT have separate black graduation

I really don't get it man, back in the 90's we were told to treat everyone equally and that everyone should have a voice at the table. I don't understand what these segregation movements achieve. It creates an us and them mentally and that never works.

I read a few years about how in New York there are so many segregated schools now. This shit is getting scary. It's like collective amnesia and hypnosis.

I'm fine with it, honestly.
I live in an area that is more than 75% white, 1.5% black and the rest odds and ends, and am quite content. No real crime to speak of, no graffiti, no fighting in the streets (though we have the Friday night tough guys out for some beers and a fight), clean air, clean water, very right leaning, pro-2nd, etc.
Maybe they are onto something.

If only Dr. King could see this shit then he probably would have taken CIA's threats and killed himself.

Segregation was extremely beneficial to the blacks in America. Still would be, to an extent.

Imagine blacks, in the late 19th century and early 20th century, being forced to compete with largely white-owned industries, and being forced to use largely white-owned services, without forming their own communities, including their own churches, markets, schools and such, which helped to create a sense of black identity. They would've been completely screwed.

De-segregation may go down as a great crime towards the African-Americans. It helped erode the sense of identity that they had built up to that point. It also made them more dependent on "white men's" institutions.
This has been talked about a lot lately. A lot of people including Malcom X thought that blacks would never fully integrate into white society so the should focus on bettering themsleves through black owned businesses, colleges, education, etc. Blacks already have the 10 largest economy in the world dealing with a "white world" imagine if they had focused on their society for the last 40 or 50 years.

Once again...the Pussy right wingers are crying about something and making it seem like racism.

First of all.....I see nothing wrong...I don't like it, but I see nothing wrong...So some black kids who shared some experience together, decide to have a graduating ceremony with fellow black people? Who gives a shit?

2nd of all...It doesn't mean white people can't go...Media weren’t allowed to stay for the full event, with the ceremonies open to Black-identifying students and their guests only.

So a black person with a white relative, can totally invite them, if they want to.

This is really just a black theme Ceremony where they will talk about the black struggles.... You can't really dedicate that theme to a regular graduation, because it will be awful, specially with various cultures.

It's like for some reason some group of Iraqis/Afghanis/Vietnamese students who had gone thru a struggles decided to have their own graduation theme, where they talk about their struggles of war to graduating....Nobody would have a problem with that.

The fact that you people compare something that is suppose to inspire students, to white people keeping black people down because they hate em, is so fucking stupid.

- Every post leading up to yours expresses total indifference

- You still paste your pre-written "crying pussies" thing anyway

I think you're heartbroken that almost nobody gives a shit.

Peaceful self-segregation is fine. I don't need the government forcing people to hang out with me.

Last edited:
Once again...the Pussy right wingers are crying about something and making it seem like racism.

First of all.....I see nothing wrong...I don't like it, but I see nothing wrong...So some black kids who shared some experience together, decide to have a graduating ceremony with fellow black people? Who gives a shit?

2nd of all...It doesn't mean white people can't go...Media weren’t allowed to stay for the full event, with the ceremonies open to Black-identifying students and their guests only.

So a black person with a white relative, can totally invite them, if they want to.

This is really just a black theme Ceremony where they will talk about the black struggles.... You can't really dedicate that theme to a regular graduation, because it will be awful, specially with various cultures.

It's like for some reason some group of Iraqis/Afghanis/Vietnamese students who had gone thru a struggles decided to have their own graduation theme, where they talk about their struggles of war to graduating....Nobody would have a problem with that.

The fact that you people compare something that is suppose to inspire students, to white people keeping black people down because they hate em, is so fucking stupid.

Here's your "is it racist" test... change black to white..... are you still OK with it? Of course you're not.

Here's your "is it racist" test... change black to white..... are you still OK with it? Of course you're not.
Yeah.....In America, whites didn't suffer as much as blacks because of skin color.

So no, it's not the same, at all.

Sooo.... let's say you were married to a black person or had a black kid/relative but were white/asian/latino/middle eastern...

Would you be "allowed" to watch your own family walk across the stage?

How long before they screen what color people can even go watch one of these "progressive events"?

I would have to show up all

hqdefault.jpg

This is my fault. I am white after all...

Knowing full well they are about to move into a blended community.

Cause you know they arent about to live next to a ghetto, they know better, so my question is.... The fuck was the point?

Lets see how my community shows its appreciation for what they have done.

Prolly the same way it did when i came home from Iraq.

They want to be both separate and equal, with white activities being all inclusive while retaining all black activities for only blacks.
Can't see what could be misunderstood with such a clear message.

https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/20...to-hosts-first-black-graduation-ceremony.html
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/02/us/black-commencement-harvard.html

The University of Toronto is following Harvard's example of having black only graduation ceremonies. One of the most important times in a young person's life (which I didn't attend cause fuck that boring shit) when they have finally achieved something, and we are now segregating those moments. Strong unity you have there leftists.

The left is literally regressing back to segregation. I wont be surprised if in a few years down the line we see black people supporting slavery again.

I didn't attend my high school or college graduation for the same reason (boring). I guess liberals can't make up their minds what constitutes social justice sometimes.

Special treatment like usual. No surprise there.

https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/20...to-hosts-first-black-graduation-ceremony.html

The University of Toronto is following Harvard's example of having black only graduation ceremonies. One of the most important times in a young person's life (which I didn't attend cause fuck that boring shit) when they have finally achieved something, and we are now segregating those moments. Strong unity you have there leftists.

The left is literally regressing back to segregation. I wont be surprised if in a few years down the line we see black people supporting slavery again.

I love when people try to use isolated incidents as sweeping general indictments lol.
Idk? The reasoning behind either decision but it does seem kind of silly and counter productive to hold segregated public events.

And I think a lot of black people would support slavery again.. if the roles were reversed of course.

The African-Americans went from dirt-poor emancipated slaves, to carving out a substantial legacy of their own in the United States from the late 1800's, to the 1950's.

People look back on segregation in anger, but in reality, segregation served as a great morale boost for the American blacks to find their own path, without being dependent on their previous "slave masters" and the institutions that they were in control of.

One could make the argument that segregation is no longer necessary, but I do believe it was necessary during the time it was imposed. It allowed black America to develop a community of their own, separate from the whites. And I would argue that it was a good, solid community atleast up until the 1960's or so. After the Civil Rights movement, the progress stagnated.

I believe this is because the carpet was somewhat swept from under-neath black America. Suddenly you had "slain the beast", and had forced the white man to admit you were his equal, and there was no longer an objective to work towards. Generations became complacent, and ultimately dependent on assistance that they previously did not require. These generations were no longer filled with the same purpose as previous ones, which had strived to compete with the white man and prove themselves a race of equal worth, on their own terms.

There may be some measure of truth to the idea that the races must separate again, to an extent. But one cannot cherry-pick in this regard. If you don't want to have white people in your class-room, then you must accept that white people may not want you in your class-room. That is not racist, that is simply a fair trade.

What people want is not always what's best. Also segregation is not the way even when the minority purposes so.

I think the bigger more important question is why people on both sides still feel this way?

Some blacks obviously feel certain white folks disregard what we may experience in life so we alienate.

Some white folks feel like the black struggle is a thing of the past so they can seem indifferent.

It seems to me lack of constructive conversation and attempted understanding is the underlying issue. Again on both sides.

I bet there are more black people in the regular ceremony than in the separate one. Someone get those figures, PLEASE.

Back