Black Chicago Pastor is asking Rahm Emmanuel to remove a George Washington statue.

Should statues of George Washington and other slave owning founding fathers should be taken down?

• Total voters
Call me when there's actually any real movement here and the story is about more than one random dude.
Or it can stop rolling and melt.
Name one time that has happened with a real avalanche. If it is already a snowball it is clearly below freezing were it is. If it is rolling down a steep mountain for any significant amount of time it will pick up steam and likely not to become a boulder but an avalanche, which will continue to the base of the mountain.

Stephen Colbert just said last night that no one was asking for Washington statues to be removed. I'm guessing he is going to denounce this guy on tonight's show, right?

Leave it there, but build a bigger statue next to it of Jaden Smith, Kanye West or Apollo Creed.

My opinion? No it shouldn't but if this specific part of Chicago wants to change their statues, let them.

Just curious...A specific section of Alabama wants to remove any Martin Luther King jr. statues. cool with it?

Washington was an Indian killer. So was Lincoln. So was Sherman. Founding fathers were also traitors and slave owners. They fought an insurrection so rich white men, and only rich white men, could be "free".

Sherman waged total war on the Indians too.

Bison+skulls+pile+to+be+used+for+fertilizer+,+1870.jpg

Our founding fathers did indeed do a lot of bad things, but pretending as if there is an equivalency between them, and the people who fought to uphold slavery specifically, against their own country, is fallacious.

Name one time that has happened with a real avalanche. If it is already a snowball it is clearly below freezing were it is. If it is rolling down a steep mountain for any significant amount of time it will pick up steam and likely not to become a boulder but an avalanche, which will continue to the base of the mountain.

Every time a snowball rolls down a hill it eventually becomes an avalanche? I was not aware of that. In my personal experience, I've never seen a rolled snowball turn into an avalanche. I guess I just didn't wait long enough. <{fry}>

Just curious...A specific section of Alabama wants to remove any Martin Luther King jr. statues. cool with it?

Of course. It's a statue. Unless he put it up with his bare hands, let the community decide what they want to do with it.

Our founding fathers did indeed do a lot of bad things, but pretending as if there is an equivalency between them, and the people who fought to uphold slavery specifically, against their own country, is fallacious.

You haven't explained how they are different. You just repeated it is a bad comparison. They were both murderous slave owners and killed a ton of Indians. What is worse than what Sherman did to the American Indian? What is worse than genocide against Indians?

Conotocaurious (Town Destroyer) was a nickname given to George Washington by IroquoisNative Americans in 1753. The name in its original language(s) has been given variously as "Caunotaucarius", "Conotocarious", "Hanodaganears", and "Hanadahguyus." It is translated as "Town Taker", "Burner of Towns", "Devourer of Villages", or "he destroys the town."

Washington in 1779 ordered the Sullivan Expedition in the American Revolutionary War, which destroyed at least 40 Iroquois villages in New York

Every time a snowball rolls down a hill it eventually becomes an avalanche? I was not aware of that. In my personal experience, I've never seen a rolled snowball turn into an avalanche. I guess I just didn't wait long enough. <{fry}>
Meh, I have seen small movements of snow, no bigger then a ball start down and all the sudden the whole thing gives way.

Here is what Robert Lee thought of Confederate monuments.

Lee himself never wanted such monuments built.

Dear Sir--Absence from Lexington has prevented my receiving until to-day your letter of the 26th ult., inclosing an invitation from the Gettysburg Battle-field Memorial Association, to attend a meeting of the officers engaged in that battle at Gettysburg, for the purpose of marking upon the ground by enduring memorials of granite the positions and movements of the armies on the field. My engagements will not permit me to be present. I believe if there, I could not add anything material to the information existing on the subject. I think it wiser, moreover, not to keep open the sores of war but to follow the examples of those nations who endeavored to obliterate the marks of civil strife, to commit to oblivion the feelings engendered. Very respectfully,
Your obedient servant,
R. E. Lee.
Of all these old Confederate heroes, Lee was the only one I ever admired. And it was precisely because he said things such as this. It was my impression that after Appomattox he made comments about wanting to be sure his former soldiers returned home to their families and didn't run off to join militias.

Great quote, thanks for sharing.

You haven't explained how they are different. You just repeated it is a bad comparison. They were both murderous slave owners and killed a ton of Indians. What is worse than what Sherman did to the American Indian? What is worse than genocide against Indians?

Conotocaurious (Town Destroyer) was a nickname given to George Washington by IroquoisNative Americans in 1753. The name in its original language(s) has been given variously as "Caunotaucarius", "Conotocarious", "Hanodaganears", and "Hanadahguyus." It is translated as "Town Taker", "Burner of Towns", "Devourer of Villages", or "he destroys the town."

Washington in 1779 ordered the Sullivan Expedition in the American Revolutionary War, which destroyed at least 40 Iroquois villages in New York

One group fought to create a secular, pluralistic republic, and one group fought that republic for the explicit right to own human beings.

One group fought to create a secular, pluralistic republic, and one group fought that republic for the explicit right to own human beings.

You have totally gone off track. Why are you ignoring their atrocities against Indians? They fought to emancipate only themselves. White men who owned so much property. How honorable. They OWNED human beings themselves. I want Washington statues banned from NY. He decimated the Indian tribes here and has no place here.

The campaign ordered and organized by George Washington[notes 1] and his staff was conducted chiefly in the lands of the Iroquois Confederacy "taking the war home to the enemy to break their morale", and the expedition was largely successful in that goal as they destroyed more than 40 Iroquois villages and stores of winter crops, breaking the power of the six nations in New York all the way to the Great Lakes, as the terrified Indian families relocated to Canada seeking protection of the British.

You have totally gone off track. Why are you ignoring their atrocities against Indians? They fought to emancipate only themselves. White men who owned so much property. How honorable. They OWNED human beings themselves. I want Washington statues banned from NY. He decimated the Indian tribes here and has no place here.

The campaign ordered and organized by George Washington[notes 1] and his staff was conducted chiefly in the lands of the Iroquois Confederacy "taking the war home to the enemy to break their morale", and the expedition was largely successful in that goal as they destroyed more than 40 Iroquois villages and stores of winter crops, breaking the power of the six nations in New York all the way to the Great Lakes, as the terrified Indian families relocated to Canada seeking protection of the British.

And? Who was excusing this behavior?

Meh, I have seen small movements of snow, no bigger then a ball start down and all the sudden the whole thing gives way.

All of them, every single time? None of them ever stopped before they became avalanches? :eek:

This whole leftist movement is intending to strip our heritage, history and identity. To make way for the new globalist identity and agenda.

The USA is endangered if the left gets their way.

That might happen. The dems do control both houses of congress, the WH and the majority of govonor seats. Oh wait, that's the republicans. Lmfao!!

You are. You won't even address it. You are trying to whitewash it by showing how they created this great republic. Dummy.

Um, they did create this Republic, warts and all. Are you implying I dont think that the aggression against the native americans existed?

Back