Black Chicago Pastor is asking Rahm Emmanuel to remove a George Washington statue.

Should statues of George Washington and other slave owning founding fathers should be taken down?

• Total voters
This whole leftist movement is intending to strip our heritage, history and identity. To make way for the new globalist identity and agenda.

The USA is endangered if the left gets their way.

I'm a leftist and I don't want these statues taken down. You basically took one article and attacked over half the people in the United States. Are you mental?

Here is what Robert Lee thought of Confederate monuments.

Lee himself never wanted such monuments built.

Dear Sir--Absence from Lexington has prevented my receiving until to-day your letter of the 26th ult., inclosing an invitation from the Gettysburg Battle-field Memorial Association, to attend a meeting of the officers engaged in that battle at Gettysburg, for the purpose of marking upon the ground by enduring memorials of granite the positions and movements of the armies on the field. My engagements will not permit me to be present. I believe if there, I could not add anything material to the information existing on the subject. I think it wiser, moreover, not to keep open the sores of war but to follow the examples of those nations who endeavored to obliterate the marks of civil strife, to commit to oblivion the feelings engendered. Very respectfully,
Your obedient servant,
R. E. Lee.

Stay on topic, clown

I can't wait for the Left to start demanding that we remove monuments to Indian fighters in Ohio, Indiana and Kentucky because of the patriarchy....

This is going to become a problem.

I heard protesters were trying to tear down a statue of Teddy Roosevelt in NY this week too.

Just curious...A specific section of Alabama wants to remove any Martin Luther King jr. statues. cool with it?

TBH, in the next few years the left might be more likely to remove an MLK statue than anyone. By contemporary standards the man was a self-loathing Uncle Tom and a racist

Last edited:
Angela Rye on CNN thinks we need to remove George Washington statues too. @panamaican yes small number still..just wait.

"The heart of the problem is the way many of us were taught American history. American history is not all glorious. I love John to death, I couldn’t disagree more about George Washington. George Washington was a slave owner. We need to call slave owners out for what they are. Whether we think they were protecting American freedom or not. He wasn’t protecting my freedom. I wasn’t someone – my ancestors weren’t deemed human beings to him. To me, I don’t care if it’s a George Washington statue or a Thomas Jefferson statue or a Robert E. Lee statue, they all need to come down…I’m calling out white supremacy for what it is. And sometimes, what it is, John, are blind spots. Sometimes what it is, is not acknowledging this country was built upon a very violent past that resulted in the death and the raping and the killing of my ancestors. I’m not going to allow us to say it’s okay for Robert E. Lee but not a George Washington. We need to call it what it is.”

Angela Rye on CNN thinks we need to remove George Washington statues too. @panamaican yes small number still..just wait.

"The heart of the problem is the way many of us were taught American history. American history is not all glorious. I love John to death, I couldn’t disagree more about George Washington. George Washington was a slave owner. We need to call slave owners out for what they are. Whether we think they were protecting American freedom or not. He wasn’t protecting my freedom. I wasn’t someone – my ancestors weren’t deemed human beings to him. To me, I don’t care if it’s a George Washington statue or a Thomas Jefferson statue or a Robert E. Lee statue, they all need to come down…I’m calling out white supremacy for what it is. And sometimes, what it is, John, are blind spots. Sometimes what it is, is not acknowledging this country was built upon a very violent past that resulted in the death and the raping and the killing of my ancestors. I’m not going to allow us to say it’s okay for Robert E. Lee but not a George Washington. We need to call it what it is.”

I'll wait. If I'm wrong then I'm wrong but right now, I doubt it.

On a controversial note: Even if you disagree with the idea of taking down GW statues (and I disagree - before anyone alleges that I support it), where is she wrong about the history itself?

This is something I referenced in another post - everyone talks about the importance of preserving history but they don't necessarily want to face that history.

I'll wait. If I'm wrong then I'm wrong but right now, I doubt it.

On a controversial note: Even if you disagree with the idea of taking down GW statues (and I disagree - before anyone alleges that I support it), where is she wrong about the history itself?

This is something I referenced in another post - everyone talks about the importance of preserving history but they don't necessarily want to face that history.

That's the point. She is not factually wrong. Which is why it will gain steam unfortunately.

But up until recently, we accepted their flaws as a product of their time. Our founding fathers should be honored, not erased from the view of people.

Better headline: "Some black Chicago pastor is jumping on the bandwagon to get his name in the news by following the latest outrageous trend"

That's the point. She is not factually wrong. Which is why it will gain steam unfortunately.

But up until recently, we accepted their flaws as a product of their time. Our founding fathers should be honored, not erased from the view of people.

It raises a tough question though - are we sure that everyone accepts their flaws as just a product of their time?

That is not my personal thought, I think you judge people by their era not by the current era, but this isn't about my opinion.

I bring it up because of the constant duality that this subject engenders. Where people want to both take modern pride in historical actions while distancing their modern selves from historical actions. And for black America, can we agree that their perspective on these historical actions is probably different from white America's perspective on the same actions?

It is time for all memories of that era be erased. In this day and age it is reprehensible that we glorify these disgusting men who felt it was ok to "own" another person. I dont care what else they did. That overrides any so called good they might have done.

Get rid of the statues and take them off our money

It is time for all memories of that era be erased. In this day and age it is reprehensible that we glorify these disgusting men who felt it was ok to "own" another person. I dont care what else they did. That overrides any so called good they might have done.

Get rid of the statues and take them off our money

GTFO

Your views are not welcomed here because you are TOO FUCKING LOGICAL.

This is Sherdog...and people here tend to be OSSIFIED in thought.

Cry babies ABOUND... "Oh no...don't take down our racist slave trader statues please!"

...as if they actually fucking care about them in the first fucking place.

It raises a tough question though - are we sure that everyone accepts their flaws as just a product of their time?

That is not my personal thought, I think you judge people by their era not by the current era, but this isn't about my opinion.

I bring it up because of the constant duality that this subject engenders. Where people want to both take modern pride in historical actions while distancing their modern selves from historical actions. And for black America, can we agree that their perspective on these historical actions is probably different from white America's perspective on the same actions?

Yes. Their perspective is different. I feel like I am trying to convince you of something you already agree with. Lol...im like it could happen...you are like no..but let me tell why it should (from AA perspective)

Should we also remove Rosevelt and Truman monuments, I can't imagine Asians hold them in high regard?

Why should any one groups perspective be more important than someone else?

Shit I am part hispanic.. I should be offended by Texas leaders during from the Alamo era.
I mean fuck David Crockett, Sam Houston, Stephen F. Austin, William Travis for stealing my ancestors land...or something.

If we remove all the 'badasses' from our history, we will be left making statues for William Henry Harrison.

Historical figures need to be judged in the context of their era. Yes, many of our Founding Fathers owned slaves, and that was just how it was back then. We should be judging them based on their accomplishments and contributions that extend beyond their era, such as the founding of the US and establishing this modern form of government. If we judge them by the common actions of their era, then we can nitpick everyone. FDR, for example, was not a figure that pushed for LGBT rights. Does that mean that we should forget about his leadership of the country through the Great Depression, WWII, and the establishment of the social safety net that defines modern liberalism? If the vegan hippies turn out right, and animals are viewed as equals some distance into the future, should we disparage every modern political figure who did good because they used animal products/didn't fight for the abolition of cows?

Yes. Their perspective is different. I feel like I am trying to convince you of something you already agree with. Lol...im like it could happen...you are like no..but let me tell why it should (from AA perspective)

Should we also remove Rosevelt and Truman monuments, I can't imagine Asians hold them in high regard?

Why should any one groups perspective be more important than someone else?

Shit I am part hispanic.. I should be offended by Texas leaders during from the Alamo era.
I mean fuck David Crockett, Sam Houston, Stephen F. Austin, William Travis for stealing my ancestors land...or something.

If we remove all the 'badasses' from our history, we will be left making statues for William Henry Harrison.

I don't think it could happen. I'm not even saying that it should from an AA perspective. I don't think it's an important issue, I think it highlights a completely separate issue that is important.

What I'm saying is that the perspective that people apply for why something shouldn't happen isn't universally applicable. One person's perspective shouldn't be more important than someone else's...which is why any argument premised on a specific perspective of these people shouldn't be used to defend or attack the statues.

Let's take Roosevelt and Truman. If Asians don't hold them in high regard then it's reasonable for those people to not want to see them. That other people do hold them in high regard doesn't change the reasonableness of the other perspective. Now, it's dueling perspectives and someone's feelings are going to get hurt.

Where this conversation might not be connecting is that you're prioritizing one perspective while saying that no single perspective should be dominant. While I'm saying, no one perspective should be dominant hence both perspectives are equally important and must be balanced.

If no group's perspective is more important then the perspective that wants to remove them is the equal in importance as the perspective of the group that wants to preserve them...right?

People calling for this ridiculous bullshit can't see the forest through the trees or even the trees in the forest...

Back