Black Chicago Pastor is asking Rahm Emmanuel to remove a George Washington statue.

Should statues of George Washington and other slave owning founding fathers should be taken down?

• Total voters
Sherman and Grant both weren't very exceptional for most of the war.

They certainly grew as commanders.. through repeated dramatic failures. Sherman actually almost went mad at one point.

They just had overwhelming superiority in almost every possible advantage you can think of when you want to wage a war.

I don't think Sherman or Grant would have performed near as well if they had the Confederate army to lead.

As for being the namesake of tanks.. well, to the victor go the spoils.
I mostly like Sherman for how pissed off friends of mine from Georgia get when I just post a pic of him on their FB walls.

I mostly like Sherman for how pissed off friends of mine from Georgia get when I just post a pic of him on their FB walls.

I'm Georgia-born, Georgia-bred and I say....

The cut of your jib....

I like it.

<{smellit?}>

I'm Georgia-born, Georgia-bred and I say....

The cut of your jib....

I like it.

<{smellit?}>
Will usually get a "fuck you, you dick"

And then this goes up:
giphy.gif

Next up: remove signatures of people who owned slaves from the U.S. Constitution, deface Mt. Rushmore, change the faces on U.S. currency, etc.

Next up: remove signatures of people who owned slaves from the U.S. Constitution, deface Mt. Rushmore, change the faces on U.S. currency, etc.

That one is already being done.

Or it can stop rolling and melt.

You would appear to be completely dismissing the possibility. Why?

I say it could. Reasons
1. current political climate
2. All slave owners are bad
3. Having symbols of slave owners is a micro aggression.

Pyramids. Take them down.

It's Chicago, they need to arm the statue so it has a chance.

I'm a Black man and I say (and voted) no.

I do think however that those who stood in open rebellion and fought for their rights to own people and treat them as cattle should NEVER be revered.

We can learn about them in history books as we do Hitler, Pol Pot, etc.
The don't deserve a monument/statue.
I think they should be moved and not destroyed. Regardless of who they depict they are beautiful works of art. You just don't destroy things like that.

Yeah, that's the issue Chicago should be focusing on.

You would appear to be completely dismissing the possibility. Why?

I say it could. Reasons
1. current political climate
2. All slave owners are bad
3. Having symbols of slave owners is a micro aggression.

I'm completely dismissing it because it's 1 person. In a nation of 320 million people, one person's random letter to a mayor is irrelevant. Do you have any idea how many people send letters to their mayors for things that have no momentum?

1 person.

I'm completely dismissing it because it's 1 person. In a nation of 320 million people, one person's random letter to a mayor is irrelevant. Do you have any idea how many people send letters to their mayors for things that have no momentum?

1 person.
You have the right to dismiss it. However, this battle is coming. The left hates America, our flag and the National Anthem.

And as Madmick indicated from our poll, right now 12% of the war room thinks George Washington statues should come down.

You have the right to dismiss it. However, this battle is coming. The left hates America, our flag and the National Anthem.

And as Madmick indicated from our poll, right now 12% of the war room thinks George Washington statues should come down.

This battle is already here and it has nothing to do with George Washington. The left doesn't hate America except to simpletons who can't manage the concept that 2 people might have different ideas of how to improve something.

The left might hate certain people or types of people on the right but "they hate America" is so stupid that I'm even surprised that you typed it. Of course, that you typed it is pretty much emblematic of the problem.

Someone disagrees with me? They hate America.
<{vega}>

Back