BJ Penn was Robbed against Machida

Lmfao at Machidas sloppy ass kicks. He'd get KO'd in 30 seconds in K-1 just with low kicks.

No surprise Machida, the Asian guy, gets the nod over the non Asian guy. I've been saying it for years - don't fight in Japan unless you can KO him. Otherwise you lose automatically
Well Machida identifies with his Asian heritage. He drinks his own urine.

BJ Penn has a white father, culturally he assumed the same culture as the oppressor. So while he may not be racially white, culturally, he is.

What am I reading here? I see the Trump avatar, it is only fitting you would be squabbling over cultures. I will not commit too much into an argument with a redneck. Machida speaks Portuguese and has experience training with multiple Brazilian fighters. Please let me know when you have seen five Machida fights and five Penn fights, and by that I mean to actually watch the fights in their entirety.

The fact that some fans don't recognize this achievement is even more mindblowing.

I never understand how someone could simply count this as another loss on BJ's record.
Then Sakuraba's losses to HWs in Pride should not be losses?

But you do illustrate a big problem today. Everything today is about record in the UFC. MMA is boring irrelevance. I don't consider the early years of the UFC, Hero's and Pride MMA. They were not boring.

My mind is still blown that the future UFC LW Champ fought the future UFC LHW champ and made it to a close decision.

We will never see shit like this again.
Yep and all this shit about Conman lol inventing the fight anyone theme ROFLMAO

PRIME Gomi would have koed the hell out of that fat Machida.

Then Sakuraba's losses to HWs in Pride should not be losses?

But you do illustrate a big problem today. Everything today is about record in the UFC. MMA is boring irrelevance. I don't consider the early years of the UFC, Hero's and Pride MMA. They were not boring.

Sakuraba's losses at HW should be looked at in a different light. They are still losses, but it's not the same.

The best recent example, IMO, is when Fabio went up to face Stipe. Sure, he lost, but it was to save a card and did any of us really expect him to win?

Why are posting this on UFC channel?

@grinderman agreed

B.J. Penn is actually undefeated right now. Never lost. Legend.

They both looked sloppy, Lyoto looking like Roy Nelson, and BJ looking like an overweight featheweight. As usual, BJ gassed after 7 minutes. There was hardly a good punch, and a few good kicks, and low grade jits. Even at the time, I thought it was sloppy. BJ thought he was god, but the truth was, he would have been squashed by most of todays lightweights. I like BJ but he was so overated, due to him being a first american black belt in BJJ, and being flexible, and could hit hard in the first round. Lyoto was unknown of at that time.
Cool story, I'm sure BJ cares that you thought he was sloppy as you lay on your couch devouring 6 lbs for Doritos while he fights legends.

In BJ Penn fans mind...and sadly BJ Penn's mind...he was robbed in almost every loss he's ever had. It's exactly that kind of mentality that made Penn a consistent loser. Instead of going back to the drawing board after a loss and trying to plug the hole in his game...he made excuses. he whined. he bitched. He got his mommy to complain on his behalf.

It's stuff like this that makes fighters legends. And unfortunately, you're right, we won't ever see stuff like that again. And that's part of the reason most fighters today aren't considered legends. While the last 2 generations of fighters produced a lot of legends.

Worse yet all the Penn was never any good threads around here, at least after the gsp fights it was just gsp fans but now it's a disgrace.
Arguably he was robbed, bad luck decisioned which seem to fuck with his equilibrium.

Really was a prodigy in his day.

tenor.gif

Yep, and Shogun was getting schooled by a legit kickboxer Cyrille Diabate, until he got taken down and smashed.

It just shows how many levels behind elite MMA striking is to K-1 Kickboxing.

Diabate already got schooled standing in MMA and Machida looked pretty good against Mousasi on the feet who's better than most of the "elite kickboxers" of today. You sound foolish.

Back