BJ Penn was Robbed against Machida

All_of_us.gif

My mind is still blown that the future UFC LW Champ fought the future UFC LHW champ and made it to a close decision.

We will never see shit like this again.

My mind is still blown that the former UFC LW Champ fought the former UFC LHW champ and made it to a close decision.

It was very close.

Even though he was chubby I think that was the best Penn we've ever seen.

My mind is still blown that the future UFC LW Champ fought the future UFC LHW champ and made it to a close decision.

It's stuff like this that makes fighters legends. And unfortunately, you're right, we won't ever see stuff like that again. And that's part of the reason most fighters today aren't considered legends. While the last 2 generations of fighters produced a lot of legends.

Never say never with RIZIN around!

Lmfao at Machidas sloppy ass kicks. He'd get KO'd in 30 seconds in K-1 just with low kicks.

No surprise Machida, the Asian guy, gets the nod over the non Asian guy. I've been saying it for years - don't fight in Japan unless you can KO him. Otherwise you lose automatically

Last edited:
Bj definitely made it competitive but he only actually won rd1 which is still insane all things considered.

The fact that some fans don't recognize this achievement is even more mindblowing.

I never understand how someone could simply count this as another loss on BJ's record.

It's stuff like this that makes fighters legends. And unfortunately, you're right, we won't ever see stuff like that again. And that's part of the reason most fighters today aren't considered legends. While the last 2 generations of fighters produced a lot of legends.
BJ actually wanted to fight Fujita that night...

Shogun leg kicked the crap out of Machida in that first fight. Was a leg kick clinic.
Yep, and Shogun was getting schooled by a legit kickboxer Cyrille Diabate, until he got taken down and smashed.

It just shows how many levels behind elite MMA striking is to K-1 Kickboxing.

Lmfao at Machidas sloppy ass kicks. He'd get KO'd in 30 seconds in K-1 just with low kicks.

No surprise Machida, the Asian guy, gets the nod over the non Asian guy. I've been saying it for years - don't fight in Japan unless you can KO him. Otherwise you lose automatically
{<doc}
They're both half Asian.

BJ had that big overhand right and some good knees when he got on top of Machida, but Machida was landing a lot of big combos, had that sick trip, and even landed a flying stomp on BJ's noggin'. Good fight, but I thought Machida won.

They both looked sloppy, Lyoto looking like Roy Nelson, and BJ looking like an overweight featheweight. As usual, BJ gassed after 7 minutes. There was hardly a good punch, and a few good kicks, and low grade jits. Even at the time, I thought it was sloppy. BJ thought he was god, but the truth was, he would have been squashed by most of todays lightweights. I like BJ but he was so overated, due to him being a first american black belt in BJJ, and being flexible, and could hit hard in the first round. Lyoto was unknown of at that time.

Machida won without debate but this was better than probably any LW or FW past or present could ever hope to do against Machida.

They both looked sloppy, Lyoto looking like Roy Nelson, and BJ looking like an overweight featheweight. As usual, BJ gassed after 7 minutes. There was hardly a good punch, and a few good kicks, and low grade jits. Even at the time, I thought it was sloppy. BJ thought he was god, but the truth was, he would have been squashed by most of todays lightweights. I like BJ but he was so overated, due to him being a first american black belt in BJJ, and being flexible, and could hit hard in the first round. Lyoto was unknown of at that time.

Why did you feel the need to tell me any of this, I don't really care dude.

Back