BJ Penn was Robbed against Machida

Styles makes fights. Yes there was a huge size difference but machida is very passive fighter which makes it look better on BJ than it would if he were to fight someone like Rumble.

They both looked sloppy, Lyoto looking like Roy Nelson, and BJ looking like an overweight featheweight. As usual, BJ gassed after 7 minutes. There was hardly a good punch, and a few good kicks, and low grade jits. Even at the time, I thought it was sloppy. BJ thought he was god, but the truth was, he would have been squashed by most of todays lightweights. I like BJ but he was so overated, due to him being a first american black belt in BJJ, and being flexible, and could hit hard in the first round. Lyoto was unknown of at that time.
Meh, he mightve been "unknown" to UFC fans. But by then he'd already beaten Rich Franklin, Stephan Bonnar, and K-1 GP Finalist Sam Greco (in MMA, not K-1 obviously)

They both looked sloppy, Lyoto looking like Roy Nelson, and BJ looking like an overweight featheweight. As usual, BJ gassed after 7 minutes. There was hardly a good punch, and a few good kicks, and low grade jits. Even at the time, I thought it was sloppy. BJ thought he was god, but the truth was, he would have been squashed by most of todays lightweights. I like BJ but he was so overated, due to him being a first american black belt in BJJ, and being flexible, and could hit hard in the first round. Lyoto was unknown of at that time.
Stop trying to act like you have any clue what you're watching

you've probably never even stepped foot In a gym.

My mind is still blown that the future UFC LW Champ fought the future UFC LHW champ and made it to a close decision.

We will never see shit like this again.
Yeah and then you have people claiming DJ is too small for Bantamweight... lol.

Lyoto was sloppy as hell in this fight. He was vastly improved by the time he got to the UFC! And BJ did great against the larger man! Big balls!

Lmfao at Machidas sloppy ass kicks. He'd get KO'd in 30 seconds in K-1 just with low kicks.

No surprise Machida, the Asian guy, gets the nod over the non Asian guy. I've been saying it for years - don't fight in Japan unless you can KO him. Otherwise you lose automatically

Well that is just bullshit. UFC has had far more dubious decisions than Pride ever did.

And lmfao at saying they gave it to Machida because he is Asian when he is actually Brazilian and BJ Penn is also like half Korean from his mother...
<Deported1>

Well that is just bullshit. UFC has had far more dubious decisions than Pride ever did.

And lmfao at saying they gave it to Machida because he is Asian when he is actually Brazilian and BJ Penn is also like half Korean from his mother...
<Deported1>
Well Machida identifies with his Asian heritage. He drinks his own urine.

BJ Penn has a white father, culturally he assumed the same culture as the oppressor. So while he may not be racially white, culturally, he is.

BJ is the only fighter whose fans will jerkoff over his losses. He was lazy, got ridiculously fat and lost convincingly. What a hero.

Well Machida identifies with his Asian heritage. He drinks his own urine.

BJ Penn has a white father, culturally he assumed the same culture as the oppressor. So while he may not be racially white, culturally, he is.

Fair enough

<mma4>

You act like receiving a black belt in bjj in 4yrs and then going to win the worlds at black belt which only 3 other Americans have achieved this in the last 20 years means nothing.

Then you add his mma career which he accomplished more the most fighters which they could.

I'm SMDH on what you spewed.

Speaks volumes about Machida how he struggled against a guy he was at least 3 weight classes bigger than

Lmfao at Machidas sloppy ass kicks. He'd get KO'd in 30 seconds in K-1 just with low kicks.

No surprise Machida, the Asian guy, gets the nod over the non Asian guy. I've been saying it for years - don't fight in Japan unless you can KO him. Otherwise you lose automatically

"gets the nod over the non Asian guy. I've been saying it for years - don't fight in Japan unless you can KO him. Otherwise you lose automatically"

b wtf.gif

You act like receiving a black belt in bjj in 4yrs and then going to win the worlds at black belt which only 3 other Americans have achieved this in the last 20 years means nothing.

Then you add his mma career which he accomplished more the most fighters which they could.

I'm SMDH on what you spewed.

What the fuck is SMDH? Are you a newbie, or a BJ hugger ? I said JUST BECAUSE he was the first black belt in america, I didn't say it wasn't great, I said BJ wasn't great! BJ jumping out of the pool and putting his feet behind his head was great, but not his jits. Jorge Gurzel taught Dustin Hazelett, but Dustin could do more than Jorge at blue belt level. What was BJs best finish/sub. ? RNC or occasionally armbar, and everytime fighters talk about BJ, it is mostly due to his flexibilty. Why does he get raped by Yaya but same age Edgar rapes both of them. BJ was lazy, and way too cocky with his entourage of followers.

He didnt win.. But in rd 1 he landed some left hooks and overhands for sure

Hell no
Watch it again and look at how many illegal things he did in that fight. The shorts grab, holding on to machida's gloves, holding on to machida's shorts, grabbing the ropes to prevent a takedown, intentional groin shots, eye pokes, etc.
He had no answer for Machida's style.

Back