Bisping tells the painful truth about Mighty Mouse!

Volkan has KO power and DC finished him early. Not exactly a fair comparison.

So does Dodson, it’s just because they’re small.
If MM were a natural big HW he would also wipe the floor with his opponents

You're talking about two of the greatest fighters ever in a drastically older and more established sport where weight advantages aren't as significant (due to the grappling element of MMA). Relative to sport, the resumes of Floyd and Manny are miles and miles ahead of anyone in MMA history. Being completely dominant in a weight class for 6 years (which Johnson has done) easily puts you in elite company in the sport's very brief history.
Yeah I guess your right. I just want him to fight TJ basically. I’m not saying he has to do what Floyd and Manny did, just making a bigger point that both those guys had to step out of their weight divisions and comfort zones to fight bigger fighters who had bigger names. MM currently has that opportunity.

So does Dodson, it’s just because they’re small.
If MM were a natural big HW he would also wipe the floor with his opponents

DJ beat Dodson most recently back in 2015 and now he fights at BW. Dodson also hasn't had a TKO victory since 2016. Both times they fought DJ won by UD over 5 rounds. I don't think that's a good comparison either. It sounds like you are trying to say he would have KO power if he was bigger, but he isn't, so he doesn't...

Yeah I guess your right. I just want him to fight TJ basically. I’m not saying he has to do what Floyd and Manny did, just making a bigger point that both those guys had to step out of their weight divisions and comfort zones to fight bigger fighters who had bigger names. MM currently has that opportunity.

They both also outgrew their divisions to some extent. If MMA had a similar weight structure to boxing, Johnson would have likely started as low as 115 (he probably would have a chance of making that weight today) and would already be looked at as a dominant multi-weight champion. Pacquiao cut a ton of weight until about LW (135) and was more or less forced to go up to that weight simply because of his size (of course, he went up farther in weight afterwards, but by the time he had finished physically maturing he was a natural LW and not drastically outsized at JWW). Mayweather never cut as much as Pacquiao did when Pacquiao was 130 and below, but as he physically matured throughout his career and slowly moved up in weight, he gradually tacked on about 15 pounds.

Johnson, on the other hand, is now 30 and cuts less than the majority of his division. If he was deadset on taking a big risk for glory and potentially increased paydays (I say potentially increased because MMA and boxing are different, and even if Johnson is successful going up in weight, his chances of either becoming a draw, or proportionally benefitting from any drawing power are not the same as they would be in a sport like boxing), then I guess I could see him giving up a substantial amount of weight, but there are countless great boxers who campaigned primarily at a single weight in their careers and are still remembered very well.

The Ping pandering to the most bone headed section of MMA fans.

They're evenly matched competitors.

For some reason, people want to act like MM is a LHW fighting 125ers with a weight advantage so they invent retarded scenarios.

Is bisping telling us he can pick up guys size and suplex arm bar? No he's being stupid and the stupids are licking it up, "herp, a fighter agrees, see".

DJ fights and dominates people his own size.

Bisping got questionable decisions against retiree Hendo and deflated Anderson. And got ouclassed by a retired welterweight.
Doesn't mean he's wrong. The Anderson decision wasn't even close to questionable; Bisping clearly won that. At least Hendo and Anderson have numerous top 5-10 ranked wins on their record. DJ's opponents don't. And we're gonna fault Bisping for losing to one of the GOATs? I don't even particularly like Bisping's fighting, but he's 100% right.

So you've gone from this:

to this:

Again, you're saying that no one in or around his size makes a living fighting. Floyd Mayweather started fighting at 130 pounds (which was arguably his best weight) and weighed about 135 on fight night throughout his SFW campaign. Shockingly, Mayweather was able to make a living wage in his career. So let's go back to what you said here:

Do you accept that this was pants-on-head retarded, or not?

Holy shit motherfucker pay attention. You can cherry pick all-time great fighters all you want. At the end of the day look at stats. Do a Google search and look at heights of men all over the world. Look at the average height. Then factor in how many of those people that are incredibly short which is a very small percentage the world over would actually want to be pro athletes. Now factor in the talent pool and how incredibly thin it’s going to be. Do you get it now? The main point of the argument which everybody is essentially making is the man does not fight any good competition. That is what Michael point out. And he never will. Why because virtually nobody is that small.. He felt men that were 5-8 were Giants. Floyd is a giant to him. Floyd also moved up. He moved up because they were constantly bigger and better fights and bigger and better competition and of course the larger classes. His first mega pay day was Oscar De La Hoya. Yes Oscar actually grew so he needed to move up. MM wants to continue to fight 125 pound gradeschool students.

Bipsing does say some praiseworthy things.

Seems insulting to me for people to claim a guy the size of a grade school kid is the GOAT when he and his opponents are well below the average size of a man.

It's like having a separate professional basketball league for people under 5' and claiming the MVP is the best basketball player in the world.

This is idiotic, what could a FW fighter do to convince everyone they're the real deal besides beating MM? If winning the Olypics isn't good enough, becoming the #1 contender in the division isn't good enough, being champ in other promotions isn't good enough, what else is there? MM can't be considered great until he loses because the only feasible way for any of his opponents to gain people's respect is to beat him. It's a mad circle and if you believe it you might be retarded and should get that looked at.

Just because a fighter is smaller doesn’t mean they are less skilled.

I can't remember exactly but I read a statistic that in terms of weight and professional athletics he is one and 58,000 might bevcrap. basically there is a tiny percentage of athletes that are that small and an even more tiny percentage in to MMA

Holy shit motherfucker pay attention. You can cherry pick all-time great fighters all you want. At the end of the day look at stats. Do a Google search and look at heights of men all over the world. Look at the average height. Then factor in how many of those people that are incredibly short which is a very small percentage the world over would actually want to be pro athletes. Now factor in the talent pool and how incredibly thin it’s going to be. Do you get it now? The main point of the argument which everybody is essentially making is the man does not fight any good competition. That is what Michael point out. And he never will. Why because virtually nobody is that small.. He felt men that were 5-8 were Giants. Floyd is a giant to him. Floyd also moved up. He moved up because they were constantly bigger and better fights and bigger and better competition and of course the larger classes. His first mega pay day was Oscar De La Hoya. Yes Oscar actually grew so he needed to move up. MM wants to continue to fight 125 pound gradeschool students.

Again, you explicitly said: "nobody who is this tiny fights for a living." You're clearly standing by this statement. Let's be charitable and assume that Floyd (who for close to the first half of his career weighed 140 or below on fight night, and topped out around 150 at his heaviest, which is around what the heaviest MMA FlyWs top out at on fight night) is merely an exception. Throughout the long and storied career of combat sports, little to no one has cared about men who weigh roughly 140 pounds fighting each other which is why, as you confidently said: "nobody who is this tiny fights for a living." You stand by that point, right? So, let's look at a few fighters who should, or should've, struggled to elicit any response from fans and therefore have failed to make a living by fighting:

Julio Cesar Chavez
Roberto Duran
Manny Pacquiao
Erik Morales
Salvador Sanchez
Willie Pep
Sandy Saddler
George Dixon
Vasyl Lomachenko
Wilfredo Gomez
Barry McGuigan
Alexis Arguello
Fighting Harada
Vicente Saldivar
Rueben Olivares
Benny Leonard
Henry Armstrong

It's sad that these men wasted so much of their lives toiling in obscurity, unable to make a living wage. Hopefully MM figures out that he can't make a living by fighting sooner than later so he can avoid the fate of men like this.

This is idiotic, what could a FW fighter do to convince everyone they're the real deal besides beating MM? If winning the Olypics isn't good enough, becoming the #1 contender in the division isn't good enough, being champ in other promotions isn't good enough, what else is there? MM can't be considered great until he loses because the only feasible way for any of his opponents to gain people's respect is to beat him. It's a mad circle and if you believe it you might be retarded and should get that looked at.

Outside of some complete idiots (granted, this is the heavies, so there are going to be some of them), people do realize the absurdity of what they're saying. They're not going to see anything that a FlyW does as legitimate until they actually like a dominant FlyW fighter, and for whatever reason, a lot of MMA fans don't like MM.

in practice things are done at half speed, without the worry of consequences for missing the certain move/technique,it's a different story in a real fight.

and you keep avoiding my question

WHO ELSE DOES THE SHIT THE MM DOES? In any weight class?
Sage Northcutt is able to do insane spinning flip kicks after the fight, why doesn't he do it during the fight? cause he either lacks the confidence or the skill to pull it off in a real scenario

just admit you're wrong and move on, you can't win them all.

above and beyond tou being wrong, i'm 47 years old, I've prob trained longer than you've been alive, now fuck off.
You're a village idiot.

I've basically said MM is so small he can do things bigger fighters can't. And your counter is, "show me bigger fighters who do what MM does?"

{<hhh]

Dodson is just as athletic as Mouse. He also won their first fight.

The Showtime kick off the cage was athletic. But he's 145. Very small.

You're just an idiot who doesn't understand a very simple concept. Smaller weight/mass means faster output with less effort.

You had nothing after my bodyweight exercise example. That one statement flushes your entire reasoning down the toilet, where it belongs btw.

<28>
34EF60A300000578-3625883-image-m-13_1465114514386.jpg

Mini mouse

How could a GOAT come out of the worst division of all time?

DJ fights and dominates people his own size.

Bisping got questionable decisions against retiree Hendo and deflated Anderson. And got ouclassed by a retired welterweight.

This. Bisping's analogy would only make sense if he was the same size as his daughter.

However...

{<jordan}

Back