Bisping tells the painful truth about Mighty Mouse!

When you consider what percentage of the male population could fight at flyweight compared to some of the other divisions its no surprise that the talent pool is so thin.
I'm 36 and I don't think I've ever seen a guy that small who wasn't a little person or a kid

It's like big money sports know making a tiny people division wouldn't bring in money.

How do the boxers do it?

De la Hoya, Floyd, Carbajal, Pac, etc.
Small men, tons of fans.

Guys like Benavidez, Cejudo, and Horiguchi are very good flyweights. I'd throw Dodson in there too. But Borg, Ali, and Reis are not. Neither are Cariaso or Elliot.

Johnson has some very good wins, but a lot of mismatches too. I think rejecting a challenge in Dillashaw and taking the Borg fight instead makes him hard to defend on this issue right now. Borg had no business fighting for a title.

If the fight with Dillashaw falls through this summer or fall specifically because of Johnson, then yeah, he'll be hard to defend. I think most evidence suggests that won't be the case, though.

Hard to disagree. MM's division is almost to the degree of any of the WMMA divisions of shallowness. He is a very good fighter, but very much a small fish in a tiny puddle, and he knows it.

I'm 36 and I don't think I've ever seen a guy that small who wasn't a little person or a kid

You've never seen someone who weighs around 140 pounds in peak shape?

Hard to disagree. MM's division is almost to the degree of any of the WMMA divisions of shallowness. He is a very good fighter, but very much a small fish in a tiny puddle, and he knows it.

I mean, FlyW is deeper than LHW and HW at the moment (plus it has youth and actual prospects).

MM’s fans are hysterical. They need to accept the facts and get over it. Just in the first few posts:

How is he right?, MM fighting guys in his own weight, If we use his analogy, he lost to the 12 year old girl, GSP, not known for KO-ing figthers at 170, punched him senseless and submitted him in his first fight at 185 after a super long lay-off. I used to like Ping, but he's just as salty as Luke and a lot more annoying, it's time for him to get
KO'd one more time and then to Fuck off .
Lol you really don’t understand how he’s right?

Ridiculous comparison. I know he’s using the daughter example for hyperbole but say what you will about guys like Borg and Ali and Reis- they’re professional fighters. They are solid professional fighters. They train in the same craft that Demetrious does. They’re not some scrubs pulled from their couches on two days notice to face the champ.

And how are you going to knock guys like Benevidez and Cejudo and horiguchi and say they are not very good.
So you understand he’s using hyperbole, but then you try to disprove the hyperbole.

What does KO power have to do with it? The guy had done nothing of note except a quick KO of Manuwa who isn't even a contender.

Yet Ray Borg got shit on as for beating Jussier Formiga.

Light heavyweight is a legitimately shitty division. Flyweight only looks like that because of how good Mighty Mouse is.

KO power makes any striking exchange high risk. The fight can end at any time. Manuwa is a contender whether you like it or not. Volkan also has wins over Cirkunov and OSP. You are right, imo LHW is not great, FLW isn't much better. I just think DC's most recent win is more impressive than DJ's.

When they got their title shots, Wiedman was 9-0 and Borg was 11-2. Borg was more experienced. What do you say to that
I say his resume and skillset were both less impressive than Chris Weidman's at those respective points in their careers.

I say his resume and skillset were both less impressive than Chris Weidman's at those respective points in their careers.
I respect that, Wiedman actually had good names before Anderson, but I feel it was a fair comparison

MM’s fans are hysterical. They need to accept the facts and get over it. Just in the first few posts:

Lol you really don’t understand how he’s right?

So you understand he’s using hyperbole, but then you try to disprove the hyperbole.
why don't you explain it to me?

When you consider what percentage of the male population could fight at flyweight compared to some of the other divisions its no surprise that the talent pool is so thin.
i dont think thats true. 125 plus weight cut is a pretty high cap for being the lowest division. there is no 120, 115, etc divisions so flyweight is where every person cutting from ~145 and below fights at. if you wanna get into statistics, in boxing the fighters of 126 and below make up 27% of all boxers in the world (according to boxrec). there are also less options for smaller athletes to make a profesional career besides mma so more people compete compared to higher weights HW/LHW being the prime example.

Bisping is 100% right.
Said it better than of us could have.

Finally a UFC fighter speaking out not towing the P4P company line for that midget.

Back