Bisping tells the painful truth about Mighty Mouse!

Bisping does not make sense. He could manhandle his daughter because he has a huge size advantage on her. Mighty Mouse needs a step ladder to empty the trash.

its pretty fair, both lhw, hw and flyweight are shit divisions

guys that have to fight in lw, fw and ww are really getting screwed in the pfp list
its probably easier to have 10 defences at flweight rather than 4 or 5 at lw

I was just comparing Volkan to Ray Borg I think was DJ's most recent defense? I would actually argue that FLW is currently a bit better overall than LHW and HW. But yeah, it's not saying much. p4p is a bit of a joke tbh.

Several fighters have a better resume than MM, even aside from Jones/Silva/GSP

Stipe
DC
Tony Ferg
Holloway
Romero
etc

FLW is very shallow

MM is fighting guys that we know are not even close to his level. That’s what the issue is. But they are indeed the same size as MM some might even be bigger. Bisping is tripping.

Gastelum still has Bisping’s head scrambled.

When you consider what percentage of the male population could fight at flyweight compared to some of the other divisions its no surprise that the talent pool is so thin.

I was just comparing Volkan to Ray Borg I think was DJ's most recent defense? I would actually argue that FLW is currently a bit better overall than LHW and HW. But yeah, it's not saying much. p4p is a bit of a joke tbh.
i agree that flyweight might be the best out of the 3, but they have 0 ko powers, so its make racking up defences a lot easier, dj got dropped by that tuf guy, who knows if he would have survived a shot like that at hw
and yeah, i agree that pfp is a complete joke

When you consider what percentage of the male population could fight at flyweight compared to some of the other divisions its no surprise that the talent pool is so thin.
Exactly why LHW and HW is thin. Most of those dudes at LHW are 6’1 and taller and walk around 230-ish +

Most dudes that can fight at HW also pursue careers in other sports. MMA is also a very young sport.

Exactly why LHW and HW is thin. Most of those dudes at LHW are 6’1 and taller and walk around 230-ish +

Most dudes that can fight at HW also pursue careers in other sports. MMA is also a very young sport.
Id imagine horse jockies make more than UFC flyweights also.

Ridiculous comparison. I know he’s using the daughter example for hyperbole but say what you will about guys like Borg and Ali and Reis- they’re professional fighters. They are solid professional fighters. They train in the same craft that Demetrious does. They’re not some scrubs pulled from their couches on two days notice to face the champ.

And how are you going to knock guys like Benevidez and Cejudo and horiguchi and say they are not very good.
He specifically puts respect on Joe Benavidez and Cejudo in that same rant. And if you (anyone) think Flyweight is shallow, you need to watch more fights. Watch flyweight fights, and suddenly you'll give a shit about flyweight. I like Jussier Formiga, and Joe Benavidez is the best in the world: 4 losses, 2 to Demetrius, 2 to Dom Cruz. No shame in those losses.
I actually care more about the top 15 in flyweight than i do about the top 15 in bantamweight

giphy.gif

Cariaso, Borg, and Wilson Reis had no business in a title fight

Ridiculous comparison. I know he’s using the daughter example for hyperbole but say what you will about guys like Borg and Ali and Reis- they’re professional fighters. They are solid professional fighters. They train in the same craft that Demetrious does. They’re not some scrubs pulled from their couches on two days notice to face the champ.

And how are you going to knock guys like Benevidez and Cejudo and horiguchi and say they are not very good.

Guys like Benavidez, Cejudo, and Horiguchi are very good flyweights. I'd throw Dodson in there too. But Borg, Ali, and Reis are not. Neither are Cariaso or Elliot.

Johnson has some very good wins, but a lot of mismatches too. I think rejecting a challenge in Dillashaw and taking the Borg fight instead makes him hard to defend on this issue right now. Borg had no business fighting for a title.

Id imagine horse jockies make more than UFC flyweights also.

Generally speaking, elite jockeys will make more money throughout their careers than elite MMA fighters from any division.

Guys like Benavidez, Cejudo, and Horiguchi are very good flyweights. I'd throw Dodson in there too. But Borg, Ali, and Reis are not. Neither are Cariaso or Elliot.

Johnson has some very good wins, but a lot of mismatches too. I think rejecting a challenge in Dillashaw and taking the Borg fight instead makes him hard to defend on this issue right now. Borg had no business fighting for a title.
In that case, Chris Wiedman had no business fighting for a title. Or Francis, or Cody Garbrandt

I'm pretty sure what he's referring to is that the division is shallow atm, not about their size. I could be wrong but the comparison he's making (the daughter thing) is one of an opponent not putting up much of a fight.
this is what he is talking about

Volkan has KO power and DC finished him early. Not exactly a fair comparison.

What does KO power have to do with it? The guy had done nothing of note except a quick KO of Manuwa who isn't even a contender.

Yet Ray Borg got shit on as for beating Jussier Formiga.

Light heavyweight is a legitimately shitty division. Flyweight only looks like that because of how good Mighty Mouse is.

Back