binary student killed by officers while holding a knife

I think I have told the story on here before about my last encounter with a suicidal subject with a knife.

We get a call of a drunk 20 year old armed with a knife trying to break in to mom's house, where he is retrained from being. Lots of cops show up and he is standing on an enclosed balcony with a large chef's knife (think the knife from Halloween), a pair of scissors in his other hand.

When I arrive there are like 3 cops with guns (pistols and AR's), so I grab a 40mm launcher. Fires a foam impact round that is more or less like getting drilled a bit harder than a major league fastball. Kid taunts us from the balcony, does a bunch of stupid shit then goes back inside and calls his sister. Call does not go well.

In the mean time, we set up a 4 man team at the front of the apartment (only way out). Kid comes out, armed with the kitchen knife in his right hand, scissors and BBQ Skewers in his other hand (think wolverine claws). Kid has his shirt pulled up over his head Beavis and Butthead style and is now covered in blood.

We give him commands and as he hits about 10-15 yards from us, I drop him with the 40mm with a shot to the right hip area. He dropped like a sack of shit and lost the knife on the way down. As he sat up we moved forward and my partner hit him with the taser since he was still armed with the skewers and scissors. First taser hit did not incapacitate him, he fell forward and the probe came out, I slung the 40mm and hit him with a shot from my Taser, which got a great spread had the desired effect.

Still took 4 of us to pin his arms down, pry the scissors and skewers from his hand and get the chef's knife out of his reach. Took maybe a minute to wrestle him into cuffs.

So all that said, 2 cops who may or may not have a taser and sure as shit don't appear close enough to a patrol car to grab a bean bag gun or 40mm if one is even available, probably don't have much of an option but to shoot.
Appreciate you taking time to tell that story, good info for this conversation . It's such a difficult call to make in the spur of the moment. The cop having regrets says something about his character and not being a guy that doesn't give a rip.
In Alaska sometimes someone is killed by a bear that should have bin able to stop the charge but it appeared they waited to long hoping it was only a bluff charge . Sometimes it is sometimes it isn't. Some people always blame the guy with the gun no matter what, no matter how many people get mauled.

Now Antifa are rioting. For you idiots that wanted White Lives Matter, you got it. In the form of Antifa methheads.

This is exactly why mentally ill people need to be kept out of our military.

Dude with the hip shot story, were you reprimanded for not following training? My academy class was trained to aim between the 2nd button on a mans shirt and the upper lip in deadly force situations. What if he was high on PCP didn't feel the shot and stabbed the nearest officer?

Heaven forbid a cop actually gets hurt serving we cant have that no matter what

Also it would seem to me in a logical world cop would answer yea I popped em because I didnt want them to stab me and I wasnt too keen on killing them and didnt think I had to.

My issue here is training and I think police officers are really quick to kill someone if they feel pressured and I dont think this is the desirable outcome for us or for them.

Yea im a bad person and told i must be young because I believe we can do better as a society and i really do believe we could get the number of fatal shootings drastically lower. I dont think mass civil unrest and questionable cop shootings on the tele daily is making things great again

Sue me
yes, we can always reduce police shooting by asking you to sign up and serve. My agency is hiring.

Talk is cheap, son.

<23>is this what passes as a joke nowadays?

the cops was binary. can i get some likes people?
Well dang, can hardly blame anyone now days to become confused by all this crap. Never heard of a human being binary until the dnc talked continuously about all those oppressed groups by the binary people. Took me a while to figure out who all these weird binary people were.

T
This is a good point and the fact it has to be made is telling.
It's only driven by people wanting to use people for their cause. Why send people into high stress situations that cause balanced people to deal with depression.

Dude with the hip shot story, were you reprimanded for not following training? My academy class was trained to aim between the 2nd button on a mans shirt and the upper lip in deadly force situations. What if he was high on PCP didn't feel the shot and stabbed the nearest officer?
Nope that is in our approved target areas for the 40mm. Got a commendations actually. Our SWAT SGT said it was perfect placement.

Heaven forbid a cop actually gets hurt serving we cant have that no matter what

Also it would seem to me in a logical world cop would answer yea I popped em because I didnt want them to stab me and I wasnt too keen on killing them and didnt think I had to.

My issue here is training and I think police officers are really quick to kill someone if they feel pressured and I dont think this is the desirable outcome for us or for them.

Yea im a bad person and told i must be young because I believe we can do better as a society and i really do believe we could get the number of fatal shootings drastically lower. I dont think mass civil unrest and questionable cop shootings on the tele daily is making things great again

Sue me
if we need more cops getting hurt how much are we going to start paying them? I'm gonna be expensive if i have to be stabbed by a loony who might have aids or hep c a couple times a year to keep my job

SUre I believe you too. 2000 rounds a month and you cant even perform a low zip

Where do you think im telling you to aim ? the foot and shin ? hip to hip is also a huge a large target and moves very little .

This isnt pefect marksmenship dude its shooting at a slow moving target from close range something Im sure you have practiced a great deal with all that training.

Also I always liked the glock 21 and the way its action just rolls.

You dont need to be pissy my friend like I said were just talking and having a disagreement. Pity you dont seem to be taking it so well

you keep talking about this nonsense.Anyone who has ever shot a gun in a tactical or professional situation knows this. you are being dishonest .. the only person you are fooling is yourself. frankly your continued trolling of a dead kid and the cop who now has to live with this in his head is disgusting. you are a pos . You can "imagine" you would easily leg shot someone (at night while moving at distance) but in reality its not simple its not a paper target its a human being and you are going to be all hopped up on adrenaline and stress and the last thing you will be able to do is take nice slow 8-10 second shot like its a paper target. stop lying to me and everyone here stop talking about this bullshit point and be a decent human being instead of a forum troll. the last thing i am is pissy.. im sad that people like you exist in this world and make life harder for cops and real working people.

I agree, this is also exactly why mentally ill people shouldn't be allowed easy access to owning firearms....but didn't our esteem President repeal regulations that prevented them from owning guns?

Last edited:
you keep talking about this nonsense.Anyone who has ever shot a gun in a tactical or professional situation knows this. you are being dishonest .. the only person you are fooling is yourself. frankly your continued trolling of a dead kid and the cop who now has to live with this in his head is disgusting. you are a pos . You can "imagine" you would easily leg shot someone (at night while moving at distance) but in reality its not simple its not a paper target its a human being and you are going to be all hopped up on adrenaline and stress and the last thing you will be able to do is take nice slow 8-10 second shot like its a paper target. stop lying to me and everyone here stop talking about this bullshit point and be a decent human being instead of a forum troll. the last thing i am is pissy.. im sad that people like you exist in this world and make life harder for cops and real working people.

Lotta anger and resentment there guy

I dont hate cops I dont go to protests and the only time I talk about the police for the most part is here.

I dont think it makes me a bad person to question how we do things but I am sorry that upsets you.

I want cops job to be easier and less stressful really I do. Its just that I want the best chance for everyone to make it to tomorrow not just the police. i think that makes me a pretty decent fellow.

And you keep talking about fast moving targets and in that video that kid is barely moving. Im not talking about the general rule of thumb I am speaking about the video this thread is about. You really dont think you could have handled that situation better than that officer ? I actually dont believe that for a second.

If you really dont want to talk to me stop responding to me. Its not trolling you are the one keeping it going.

And I have been civil with you this whole time while all you have done is rage and insult me . Are you sure its me being childish ?

if we need more cops getting hurt how much are we going to start paying them? I'm gonna be expensive if i have to be stabbed by a loony who might have aids or hep c a couple times a year to keep my job

I think cops should be paid much more if that makes you feel better.

We need them to be well trained soldiers and part physiologist at all times and that sounds like something that should be treated as a serious profession no ?

We hate paying out teachers and our cops and soldiers but then when they fuck up we wonder why. A hard job needs a person with a lot of skills to do it correctly and that isnt cheap something that americans have become since we now all struggle in this new economy where all gains are at the top and theres less extra money to go around than ever before. Perhaps a progressive tax structure isnt such a bad thing after all now that we are looking at a concrete example of what they do or lack there of provides us

I want you to be paid well and to have every tool and skill at your disposal to be able to handle whatever the situation calls for and I would be willing to pay higher taxes for it.

I dont hate you or your profession even if you think i do.

yes, we can always reduce police shooting by asking you to sign up and serve. My agency is hiring.

Talk is cheap, son.

Im sorry even though I have a lot of skills that I think would make me a pretty decent police officer I went into a line of work where I dont have to lock people in cages or hopefully not have to kill someone. I had enough violence to last me 3 lifetimes growing up in detroit and really didnt want to do it my entire life. Its very frustrating. I can almost completely understand when cops just dont want to deal with it anymore and go from 0 to 60. dealing with violent ghetto ass morons all day is tiring I know

I agree, this is also exactly why mentally ill people shouldn't be allowed easy access to owning firearms....but didn't our esteem President repeal regulations that prevented them from owning guns?

I haven't seen anything regarding the repeal you speak of. Source?

I think I have told the story on here before about my last encounter with a suicidal subject with a knife.

We get a call of a drunk 20 year old armed with a knife trying to break in to mom's house, where he is retrained from being. Lots of cops show up and he is standing on an enclosed balcony with a large chef's knife (think the knife from Halloween), a pair of scissors in his other hand.

When I arrive there are like 3 cops with guns (pistols and AR's), so I grab a 40mm launcher. Fires a foam impact round that is more or less like getting drilled a bit harder than a major league fastball. Kid taunts us from the balcony, does a bunch of stupid shit then goes back inside and calls his sister. Call does not go well.

In the mean time, we set up a 4 man team at the front of the apartment (only way out). Kid comes out, armed with the kitchen knife in his right hand, scissors and BBQ Skewers in his other hand (think wolverine claws). Kid has his shirt pulled up over his head Beavis and Butthead style and is now covered in blood.

We give him commands and as he hits about 10-15 yards from us, I drop him with the 40mm with a shot to the right hip area. He dropped like a sack of shit and lost the knife on the way down. As he sat up we moved forward and my partner hit him with the taser since he was still armed with the skewers and scissors. First taser hit did not incapacitate him, he fell forward and the probe came out, I slung the 40mm and hit him with a shot from my Taser, which got a great spread had the desired effect.

Still took 4 of us to pin his arms down, pry the scissors and skewers from his hand and get the chef's knife out of his reach. Took maybe a minute to wrestle him into cuffs.

So all that said, 2 cops who may or may not have a taser and sure as shit don't appear close enough to a patrol car to grab a bean bag gun or 40mm if one is even available, probably don't have much of an option but to shoot.

You really are an example to the profession and the kind of police officer I am talking about. Took this fool without killing him like I was arguing was possible , wrestle with meth heads and take risks and you seem to bring em in without killing them . I wish they were all like you dude. Protect and serve indeed

Do you train other officers ? can you make more yous ?

Well dang, can hardly blame anyone now days to become confused by all this crap. Never heard of a human being binary until the dnc talked continuously about all those oppressed groups by the binary people. Took me a while to figure out who all these weird binary people were.
yeah i'm not talking about the confusion surrounding gender theory (it's a shitty theory) but the quality of the jokes and how easy it is to get likes

No.
It's good to see you don't support due process though. ;)

Back