binary student killed by officers while holding a knife

It's embarrassing that people here are even sympathetic to the knife wielding nutjob.

Americans are just completly nuts.
I remember about 2 years ago there was another case with someone who had a knive in the USA and in the same week the same thing happened here in the Netherlands.
The guy in the USA died with 60+ bullets in him while the Dutch guy got shot once on the leg and that was the only bullet fired.
Both situation were resolved, 1 in a normal way and the one in the US an insane way ( normal for them I guess).
They just have no respect for life over there, unless it's not born yet, as soon as it's born it can go fuck itself.
oh, so tell us about what happened in UK a couple months ago. I thought a terrorist or terrorists stabbed a few people to death in London Bridge, one of the victims is an unarmed bobby cop. The terrorist finally stopped stabbing people after he got a few bullets in the chest.

Last edited:
Its funny because we've seen similar instances where the police don't shoot the dude, and instead deal with things nonlethally, and the left gets just as outraged screaming "white privilege!"

your joke was terrible is all i'm saying. no need to look for anything behind it, i think the shooting was justified. but your joke was uninspired and bland.
There are two types of jokes
Those for you and those that aren't

It's embarrassing that people here are even sympathetic to the knife wielding nutjob.

It tells you a lot about these anti-cop types that they look at a mentally ill knife wielding tranny screaming "shoot me" while walking at police officers, and think "That could have been me"

Americans are just completly nuts.

Can't disagree here.

Does this look like a sane person to you?

170917-scout-schultz-georgia-tech-student-shot-se-338p_53c307311c678d4a5160bd114ac95d06.nbcnews-ux-600-480.jpg

He is indeed nuts.

As are the rest of insane people who can't follow simple directions. Mental health problems aren't a joke.

Bullshit just pure horseshit

They coulda winged her easy

Might ricochet and get someone so we better just get someone lol.

Im aware of the training but its ridiculous to act like you cant hit someone in the thighs from close range with a high cap handgun.

I have shot for years and know just fine what you can and cant do with a handgun and you can damn near write your name on something you have covered from that distance and if you cant you probably shouldnt be pointing a gun at anyone for any reason. This dude fired one shot and hit what he was aiming at did he not?

Say it again this is a legal shot but that cop was wrong for taking it and this bitch didnt have to die.

We really need to stop making excuses for the police killing people when there is even the slightest danger. If you dont got some brass ones you are probably in the wrong line of work

It's a bad idea to train police to shoot to wound, both legally and safety wise.

Which is why less that lethal force was and is developing.

In this case a bag or wax shooting weapon could have been used if they had it and were trained with it. As long as they had other officers with lethal force in place. The thing was it doesn't look like they had that choice.

Once you go to lethal force you shoot center mass to stop.

what do you think? They did tell them to drop the knife several times.

It does look like the officer who shot this person perhaps shot too early. looks like at least 15 yards away.

do cops not have any other means of detaining? Pepper spray? Tazer?

It's definitely a bad situation, but he is clearly armed and aggressive. So if at any point the officer feels legitimately threatened, I think it's OK to use deadly force.

I do find it odd though, that the first officer wasn't the one who used deadly force. He had an excellent argument for legitimate use of deadly force when he found himself cornered against a wall. The other officer seemed to have plenty of space to back up, but they're obscured so they very well might have run out of space to maneuver.

And I do think police should have a duty to retreat and de-escalate situations when it is safe and reasonable to do so. If standing there another 10 minutes trying to talk him down or backing up when he walks towards the officer doesn't reasonably endanger to public, then they should continue talking/backing up. Obviously it's within reason, I wouldn't say they should let the suspect wander into a mall or something.

No problem here.

Deadly weapon on a subject with an unobstructed path to the LEO. Studies have shown minimum 25 foot reactionary gap between a guy with a knife and and armed LEO to ensure officer safety.

Taser is basically one shot: you miss or get a bad connection, you get cut

OC spray doesn't stop people in their tracks and affects each differently, more than likely, you get cut.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

I pray for the officer for having been forced into making that choice.

I'm pretty sure that 25 foot gap rule is only for unaware officers with holstered firearms. With an alert officer and a handgun already drawn and aimed, that rule doesn't apply.

Because smaller target means increased chance of missing?

Yes that part of it. The other part is that gunshots can kill you in extremities. Guns are deadly weapons and should only be used as such. You want a clear line of separation between deadly force and less-lethal. Allowing "wounding" shots to the extremities opens up a whole new group of problems. You're going to start having those instances of some teenager or grandma shot in the leg and killed because an officer only wanted to wound them.

The fact is, you can bleed out and die in about 3 minutes from a gunshot to the femoral artery, auxillary artery, or brachial artery.

If you want to have an idea of how bad a gunshot to the leg can be, you can go on YouTube and look up "Femoral_Bleedout.mp4". It shows a clear example of how bad such an injury can be. I would post the video myself, but it's graphic and the man does die, so I think it violates forum rules.

Last edited:
i didnt google anything dude im just talking. You know when the other person doesnt have shit to say they result to talking shit instead.

I dont think its me that sounds frightened at all inf act if anything im advocating for a little bravado.

I dont think youve ever shot a gun before in your life if you dont think you can hit something thats barely moving from 20 feet away or you suck at shooting. I think you also seem to be missing what im saying. a one size fits all approach to force really doesnt seem to be the best policy . Stay focused dude

The answer is yes it possible to shoot someone in the leg especially in this situation.

But it's a bad training practice and in other situations doing it would get cops killed. Cops don't get the amount of training nessary to do it and the training is better spent on less then lethal weapons. However even then the less then lethal will sometimes kill a person then people bitch and rase hell and they take them away from the cops. Or the department's don't have the funds in the first place.

Then there is the whole legal thing about shooting to wound. As in why did you use deadly force when your life was not really in danger. Well your life could not have really been in danger if you thought you only needed to wound him. Shooting in the leg is still use of deadly force.

exactly.

I use the murder of deputy Kyle Dinkheller as a point to teach all my new rookies. Kyle was an expert marksman at the time of his death, but he didn't do too well during the shooting (probably due to adrenalin rush) and eventually caused him his life.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Kyle_Dinkheller
that guy might be considered an expert marksman, but the other guy was a true battle tested warrior. Big difference.

Can't disagree here.

170917-scout-schultz-georgia-tech-student-shot-se-338p_53c307311c678d4a5160bd114ac95d06.nbcnews-ux-600-480.jpg

He is indeed nuts.

As are the rest of insane people who can't follow simple directions. Mental health problems aren't a joke.
No they aren't a joke but they sure are trendy.

Tazer is the best way
negative

police don't have to be nice and a gun is going to stop someone much quicker than a tazer... if someone is armed and threatening a policeman that is enough for them to just shoot you. If I was a cop I would rather go home to my family than worry about the health and safety of some loser.

i didnt google anything dude im just talking. You know when the other person doesnt have shit to say they result to talking shit instead.

I dont think its me that sounds frightened at all inf act if anything im advocating for a little bravado.

I dont think youve ever shot a gun before in your life if you dont think you can hit something thats barely moving from 20 feet away or you suck at shooting. I think you also seem to be missing what im saying. a one size fits all approach to force really doesnt seem to be the best policy . Stay focused dude
its ok kiddoh ..i have both police and nra training and shoot at least if not over 2000 rounds a month.. i own over 20 firearms including 12 handguns. my fav being my glock 34 19 and 26 (wifeys) and my new fav my sig sauer p320 i have been oc sprayed and tazed so i know both can be overcome

but keep trying to tell me how you would "wing" the kid in the leg with a perfectly aimed shot with your nerves of steel in that situation.
anyone with a shred of real life practical gun knowledge or formal training thinks you're a moron

that guy might be considered an expert marksman, but the other guy was a true battle tested warrior. Big difference.
you should watch that video again. that deputy had plenty of chances to take out that suicidal vet before the vet took him out.

But then again being battle tested warrior doesn't mean anything nowadays when there are facebook/internet warriors who think they can give expert tactical police advices to veteran street cops in every police shooting caught on tape.

you should watch that video again.

that deputy had plenty of chances to take out that suicidal vet before the vet took him out
Yeah but couldn't because he wasn't battle hardened. Just a cop.

The fact is, you can bleed out and die in about 3 minutes from a gunshot to the femoral artery, auxillary artery, or brachial artery.

If you want to have an idea of how bad a gunshot to the leg can be, you can go on YouTube and look up "Femoral_Bleedout.mp4". It shows a clear example of how bad such an injury can be. I would post the video myself, but it's graphic and the man does die, so I think it violates forum rules.

Is that the one where the guy is shot in the leg by Indian or Pakistani(I can't remember which)police with an FN FAL rifle? I've seen it and that is some harsh shit.

its ok kiddoh ..i have both police and nra training and shoot at least if not over 2000 rounds a month.. i own over 20 firearms including 12 handguns. my fav being my glock 34 19 and 26 (wifeys) and my new fav my sig sauer p320 i have been oc sprayed and tazed so i know both can be overcome

but keep trying to tell me how you would "wing" the kid in the leg with a perfectly aimed shot with your nerves of steel in that situation.
anyone with a shred of real life practical gun knowledge or formal training thinks you're a moron
Also it was dark so they couldn't see very well either. But yeah they should have shot the knife out of the hand of the crazy moving person in the dark. Anything less is just bootlicking amirite

SUre I believe you too. 2000 rounds a month and you cant even perform a low zip

Where do you think im telling you to aim ? the foot and shin ? hip to hip is also a huge a large target and moves very little .

This isnt pefect marksmenship dude its shooting at a slow moving target from close range something Im sure you have practiced a great deal with all that training.

Also I always liked the glock 21 and the way its action just rolls.

You dont need to be pissy my friend like I said were just talking and having a disagreement. Pity you dont seem to be taking it so well

Can't disagree here.

He is indeed nuts.

Well they were raised believing the ferry unicorn would fix everything so I'm not sure their totally responsible here.

The answer is yes it possible to shoot someone in the leg especially in this situation.

But it's a bad training practice and in other situations doing it would get cops killed. Cops don't get the amount of training necessary to do it and the training is better spent on less then lethal weapons. However even then the less then lethal will sometimes kill a person then people bitch and rase hell and they take them away from the cops. Or the department's don't have the funds in the first place.

Then there is the whole legal thing about shooting to wound. As in why did you use deadly force when your life was not really in danger. Well your life could not have really been in danger if you thought you only needed to wound him. Shooting in the leg is still use of deadly force.

Heaven forbid a cop actually gets hurt serving we cant have that no matter what

Also it would seem to me in a logical world cop would answer yea I popped em because I didnt want them to stab me and I wasnt too keen on killing them and didnt think I had to.

My issue here is training and I think police officers are really quick to kill someone if they feel pressured and I dont think this is the desirable outcome for us or for them.

Yea im a bad person and told i must be young because I believe we can do better as a society and i really do believe we could get the number of fatal shootings drastically lower. I dont think mass civil unrest and questionable cop shootings on the tele daily is making things great again

Sue me

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
herrsackbauer
Back