Big vote over abortion in Ireland today, dunno what to vote for

It should be illegal to have an abortion if you make more than a certain amount a year. Or score high enough on an IQ test.
why the need to make abortion illegal to that demographic? That’s discrimination.

Try telling this to anyone who has grieved after suffering a miscarriage.

I don't necessarily disagree with Pro Choice advocates, but the "it's just a blob of cells" defence has long been a dumb argument.

Women should have the right to safe abortions within a specific time limit (Say no later than 10 or 12 weeks). Anything later than that seems barbaric and reckless.

Sure, no later than 12 weeks, I'm down with that.

Those women are probably mourning what they believe will be their child, so of course you'll have thoughts on how you're going to raise it, their personality, all those things....so yeah, they will mourn. However, if they aren't wanting it at all, they don't have those thoughts, therefore it is not a a human to them.

It IS just a blob of cells until it is developed, a few months in. Which I don't agree with abortions in this stage

You need to separate your emotions from your logic. The man you're speaking to has a family. He just doesn't let emotions bleed into his logical opinions.

People like you live in a fantasy world. Well if everyone had morals and character etc. Well everyone does not have those attributes. WITH legal abortions we have over half a million children growing up in the system. The vast majority of them are destined for shitty lives, and to be a massive burden on society. You cannot simply say something naive like let's not have abortions, unless you also have a plan to save all these people you forced to exist in poverty and without anyone to care for them

You are agreeing with me. You did not read anything I wrote. You’re just a lecturer.

It also makes me fucking laugh how the majority of people who want to ban abortions because "we should take care of children" want nothing to do with helping care for that child once he's born. If he's poor and has shitty parents, oh well, too bad.

It's such hypocritcal nonsense.

You are agreeing with me. You did not read anything I wrote. You’re just a lecturer.
Yes I did. You were insulting a guy and calling him trash for being pro choice. A guy with a wife and kids, so it was a completely off base attack. Because you were emotional.

Exit polls suggest an overwhelming victory for abortion rights activists seeking a 'yes' vote to change the constitution.

Please elaborate on your belief of the relation between income and abortion decision. I am waiting with drink in hand.
Because rich and intelligent people have the means to effectively care for a child. The excuse that they can't afford or wont be able to be around their kids because they'd be working all day is out the window. Also intelligent people need to have more kids than idiots in general, which is not happening in our society.

Exit polls suggest an overwhelming victory for abortion rights activists seeking a 'yes' vote to change the constitution.

Good news.

No woman should ever have to die again in Ireland because of being denied an abortion.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_of_Savita_Halappanavar

6695.jpg

Last edited:
Another massive victory for civil rights. The message has been sent these last few years. You want to be religious fine, keep that shit to yourself and out of the laws.

It also makes me fucking laugh how the majority of people who want to ban abortions because "we should take care of children" want nothing to do with helping care for that child once he's born. If he's poor and has shitty parents, oh well, too bad.

It's such hypocritcal nonsense.

Yeah a bunch of jugmental shit heads who should stop playing the moral police.

Yeah, I mean this comes down to when you consider the fetus as being alive.
Is it at conception? Is it 3 months? Or is not until it's actually out of the womb and takes its first breath?
Your definition of "murder" will depend on what your definition of life is.

I don't think you can really legislate or tell someone what their definition of life is, or should be.
I just don't believe that a fetus is the same thing as an actual baby.

And although it isn't as common nowadays, you can have complications in a pregnancy that can harm the woman's life. So your life is actually on the line, it isn't just the potential baby's life at stake.

my cut off is when a baby is capable of surviving outside the womb.

You’re jumping a few steps ahead because you’re trying to push your agenda.

That’s like saying there’s no point in banning rapes because they will happen in secret anyway.

Many people see abortion as murder. Forget that even. I won’t dig into that. We don’t know when sentience takes place but we do know of heart beats and brain activity.

Nobody is forcing you to have sex. The rape argument is a microscopic number so don’t bother with that. If you can’t take responsibility for your actions then don’t fuck. It’s very simple.

And I support early stage abortions because people like you exist. Sacks of crap with no sense of responsibility who would rather destroy a living creature in a back alley than take responsibility for their actions.

I have no agenda, I think your emotions are getting the best of you.

You are assuming that abortions being illegal is a deterrent, I don't believe the evidence supports your position. The reality is that people are able to aquire drugs online or travel to the UK, like crossing a state line for you yanks. Also nobody is using it as a method of contraception, it's a horrible ordeal and their are plenty of methods available that don't involve the death of a fetus, so a ban on abortion does vanishingly little to reduce its occurrence.

Not fucking is about the stupidest argument possible. It ignores that humanities strongest drive, the reason we're here to begin with and the reason we do absolutely anything is fucking and it's consequences.

Tbh my position is purely one of trying to reduce abortion. Like in Portugal where drug legalisation allowed for better interventions leading to reduced usage I believe legal abortions can do the same.

I'm not sure why you felt the need to call me a sack of crap and you have no idea as to whether I take responsibility for my actions or not.

I don't like abortion. It values convenience of women over life of child and teaches life is cheap by the state similar to letting homeless rot in the streets. We have become very callus societies IMO. Adoption agencies can't get enough babies for women who can't have them. I'd vote no.

Last edited:
The only time i transform into a rabid hairy legged buzz cut sporting man hating feminist is over Abortion. The woman should have the final say. End of. It is absurd in this day and age it's even a discussion over what women have the right to do with something they are burdened with growing in the ol' womb oven.

The whole "What about the what the man wants!?" is such bullshit. You ask the bitch before hand what her feelings are towards abortion and if she would go through with one if you slipped one past the goalie. You also can not go around having unprotected sex if the issue is such a concern for you. Theres so many easy routes dudes can take that shut this whole problem right down before it can even happen for us.

The only point I agree on that was mentioned here is that I am good with the man being absolved of any financial responsibility if the party can't agree on keeping the child. Thats sensible IMO.

If a woman feels like taking a part of her body away, it's her choice.

It s a shitty thing to do but better that than having an unwanted child that will have a shit childhood.

Oh and if it is entirely the woman's choice, she gets to deal with it. No man should be forced to finance a child that some cunt decided to have behind the man's back.

A part of their body? Do women have 2 hearts and 20 fingers? You realize a baby has unique dna?

I can understand some arguments for abortion but the "her body" argument doesn't hold up.

Soros spends big coin on promoting abortion in western countries. Big tool of the elites in their drive to change the demographics .
Make sure there as many childless local women as possible .

A part of their body? Do women have 2 hearts and 20 fingers? You realize a baby has unique dna?

I can understand some arguments for abortion but the "her body" argument doesn't hold up.
Well the woman has to host the fetus

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biden's Diaper
Back