Big vote over abortion in Ireland today, dunno what to vote for

I don't have a horse in this race, but what I find interesting in this discussion is how anti-liberal the pro-abortion stance really is. One of the central tenets of liberalism is that all human beings are equal in dignity and rights. By being pro-abortion, you really have to concede that belonging to the human species is not enough for your life to be considered worthy of protection. Peter Singer has probably the most consistent and sound argument in the pro abortion side. But the problem is that to be consistent you'd also have to recognize that killing born babies up until a certain age and as long as they don't feel pain is not that bad.

The right only cares about the baby being born and doesn’t give a shit about helping after said baby has been born. The pro life stance except for after birth, when you’re on your own. Btw it’s a well known fact the states that have the higher instances of abortion are those that don’t advocate sex ed.

The left isn’t pro abortion you retards, it’s pro choice.

Bro don't you know babies are born with bootstraps?

It affected Abby Johnson, former planned parenthood director.

She's someone that showed that she stopped thinking logically when she saw it, drawing weird conclusions on the obvious fact that the fetus can move. Granted I shouldn't expect irrational thinking to be that uncommon among people.

I don't have a horse in this race, but what I find interesting in this discussion is how anti-liberal the pro-abortion stance really is. One of the central tenets of liberalism is that all human beings are equal in dignity and rights. By being pro-abortion, you really have to concede that belonging to the human species is not enough for your life to be considered worthy of protection. Peter Singer has probably the most consistent and sound argument in the pro abortion side. But the problem is that to be consistent you'd also have to recognize that killing born babies up until a certain age and as long as they don't feel pain is not that bad.
Pro-CHOICE why is that so fucking hard to understand.

Back