Betting Questions

ok, so the "scorecards = no action" bets mean if it goes to a decision, all bets are voided.

so if you bet Fighter A vs Fighter B

Fighter A: scorecards = no action
fighter A wins by stoppage: you win
fighter B wins by stoppage: you lose
fighter A wins by decision: you get your $ back
fighter B wins by decision: you get your $ back

------------

point spread bets:

fighter A -5.5 vs fighter B +5.5

if you bet fighter A -5.5:

fighter A wins by stoppage: you win
fighter B wins by stoppage: you lose

if it goes to a decision, you add up the points. so being a 5 rounder, in this example: 50-45 for all 3 judges fighter fighter A would be 15 points. 15 - 5.5 = greater than 0, so you win
if it's 48-47 for all 3, that would be 3 points. 3 -5.5 = less than 0, so you lose.

vice versa if you bet the +5.5 one.
What the fuck did I just walk in to??
96_thumb%25255B1%25255D.gif

Is there an Excell sheet available online with all UFC fights and results and preferably betting lines too?

I don't get why people use these +232 odds, not 1,75 etc?Way easier

moneyline's are easier for us in the states!!

in general, i think decimals make sense for the dog side.. but by that token, they're practically an identical format to moneylines, anyway, at that point!

the only significant difference between the two is that the decimal side includes your stake in the return.

it "makes more sense" to me (probably because i'm used to it) the way moneylines display favorites..

I'm philosophically opposed to decimal odds. I want to know what I win when I make a bet, not how much I am going to collect after including my own stake money.

agreed!

moneyline's are easier for us in the states!!

in general, i think decimals make sense for the dog side.. but by that token, they're practically an identical format to moneylines, anyway, at that point!

the only significant difference between the two is that the decimal side includes your stake in the return.

it "makes more sense" to me (probably because i'm used to it) the way moneylines display favorites..

I'm philosophically opposed to decimal odds. I want to know what I win when I make a bet, not how much I am going to collect after including my own stake money.

from a trading perspective at least, and also when your LB'ing decimals make most sense imo, you need to be able to work out quickly how much you need to wager as often you can be working with obscure numbers for favourites when using ML which can be problematic when the lines are changing rapidly, the same reason why I don't use fractional odds.
using decimals for favourites is much easier to work out and get used to, just think of it as a % based profit on your bet. and working out your profit on underdogs with decimals is really easy to work out, you just subtract 1 and it's the same as ML then.

Last edited:
A bookie one of my friends is using graded his Costa/Bamgbose u1.5 as a loss although it should be a win. They are not understanding that it should be a win. Has anybody had similar situation?

A bookie one of my friends is using graded his Costa/Bamgbose u1.5 as a loss although it should be a win. They are not understanding that it should be a win. Has anybody had similar situation?

happened to me ages ago, and seen it happen to a few on here also, which book is it? have you checked there t&c's to see what their definition of u/o 1.5 is? just tell him to keep complaining to them, keep explaining it and tell them that pretty much every other book grades it right, try to get a cs agent that actually has an IQ over 70, that helps... some don't have a clue what you are talking about. think every case I've seen on here they have settled as a win later.

any other guys that it's happened to should list the book on here, realistically this would happen an awful lot and most bookies should of updated their t&c's by now. this happened to me probably 3+ years ago so i can't really remember where it was.

So I just saw someone post that they were disciplined and that they did not spread action across a card. I'm pretty new to sports betting is standard philosophy that smaller bets on multiple fights is flawed compared to larger bets on few? Or is it simply personally preference to not make many bets per card.

So I just saw someone post that they were disciplined and that they did not spread action across a card. I'm pretty new to sports betting is standard philosophy that smaller bets on multiple fights is flawed compared to larger bets on few? Or is it simply personally preference to not make many bets per card.

there is no finite answer, but there are good theoretical practices that apply to bankroll management, i.e. kelly

traditionally it's probably better to bet fewer things and expand from there when you've found out what's working for you. how to expand is up to you. (increasing risk on those bets, taking more chances elsewhere, etc)

When you guys cap, do you figure out the percentage you think each fighter has before you even see the odds? I have a hell of a time figuring out how to do this. When I see odds I can often find where I think there is value (not that I am particularly good at it or anything). But if I just had to sit down and cap a fight and apply percentages I don't know how to go about it.

Just say you were capping Gus vs Cormier 2- let's pretend that jones pulls out and this fight happens.

What would you look at? And more importantly how would you translate that into a percentage?

@EzFlyer
I tried joining one website, and they charged $0.05 transaction fees on all bets.
Another website charged withdrawal fees of 5% and used bitcoin, so I have to pay to convert the currency to bitcoin and then back to $.

There are hidden charges everywhere! I wanna cry.

Is there any website that uses US $ and doesn't charge hidden fees?
Plz, help

@EzFlyer
I tried joining one website, and they charged $0.05 transaction fees on all bets.
Another website charged withdrawal fees of 5% and used bitcoin, so I have to pay to convert the currency to bitcoin and then back to $.

There are hidden charges everywhere! I wanna cry.

Is there any website that uses US $ and doesn't charge hidden fees?
Plz, help

i use 5dimes, bookmaker & betonline.. it's hard to get away fee-free just about anywhere.. but you do get free payouts once a month from all of them...

that said, 5dimes has informed me they will no longer send me bitcoin so there's that.. *grr*

i use 5dimes, bookmaker & betonline.. it's hard to get away fee-free just about anywhere.. but you do get free payouts once a month from all of them...

that said, 5dimes has informed me they will no longer send me bitcoin so there's that.. *grr*

What was 5dimes reasoning for not sending you Bitcoin anymore?

I'll pm you if you want.. it will make your head spin.
EZ, do you mind copying me as well? I was actually contemplating taking a 5Dimes payout for the very first time in the more than three years that I have bet there instead of just letting my balance build up forever and I'm curious what they're up to. I was reading elsewhere that they are loathe to payout BTC unless you deposited that way and since my cash deposits pre-date even their initial acceptance of BTC, I don't know what my options are going to be when I do want some money.

EZ, do you mind copying me as well? I was actually contemplating taking a 5Dimes payout for the very first time in the more than three years that I have bet there instead of just letting my balance build up forever and I'm curious what they're up to. I was reading elsewhere that they are loathe to payout BTC unless you deposited that way and since my cash deposits pre-date even their initial acceptance of BTC, I don't know what my options are going to be when I do want some money.

That's a big part of it. Your fears are well-founded. But no harm in trying.

I'll pm you if you want.. it will make your head spin.

Yes, please if you don't mind. All of my deposits were with BTC so I'm hoping I won't have any issues.

Yes, please if you don't mind. All of my deposits were with BTC so I'm hoping I won't have any issues.

If you're BTC exclusive on their notes you should be fine

Back