Best forgotten TV shows

Frasier is one of my favourite sitcom, but the thing about it was that it was beloved by critics during its run based on the awards in won, it was playing second fiddle to Friends during its run.

To this day, I feel like David Hyde Pierce never got his due for the work he put in as Niles Crane.

Kings
This show did not get the love that it deserved

Terriers
The PR team were a bunch of retards and did nothing to sell this show before the launch

This is my single favorite scene from television. There isn't even a close second.

It loses a lot if you don't know everything that came before it. Vorenus pleading for Pullo's life but being convinced he had to die, Vorenus stopping the 13th from rescuing Pullo, why Pullo wanted to die, how his love for the 13th was all he had left. Vorenus standing by watching his only friend sentenced to die was brutal. It doesn't get better than this.

It also doesn’t get much more inaccurate than that show which is why I wasn’t big on it. So many real life awesome stories to tell from that time period and writers still have to take creative liberties. Just dumb imo.

Deadwood I think was similar in that way but they were able to make that show so interesting that it was a shame the way it ended so soon. Same with Boardwalk Empire which will never get the credit it deserves as a really high quality show.

My favorite shows from when I was a kid,

giphy.gif

61a2b639f5e3987c38d134125f0febd2.jpg

FrayedUnlinedHydra-small.gif

It also doesn’t get much more inaccurate than that show which is why I wasn’t big on it. So many real life awesome stories to tell from that time period and writers still have to take creative liberties. Just dumb imo.

Deadwood I think was similar in that way but they were able to make that show so interesting that it was a shame the way it ended so soon. Same with Boardwalk Empire which will never get the credit it deserves as a really high quality show.

My father (very Italian) hated Rome for the same reason. He loved history and couldn't forgive Rome the inaccuracies.

I loved Deadwood but enjoyed Rome more, although I felt that Deadwood was superior. I just connected more strongly with the drama and acting in Rome, even if the narrative was almost entirely fictional.

Boardwalk Empire was superior to both shows in just about every way, and yet I enjoyed it the least, because I didn't care about a single one of the characters. I appreciated the craftsmanship in Boardwalk Empire and did really love it, but loathed all the characters. I also disliked how Nucky's story just fizzled out. It was odd watching a characters for five years and at the end of his arc, wondering why I spent five years watching him. The scene where he just gave up was really unsatisfying. Despite everything I just said, Buscemi was fantastic. I just wish he'd either come out on top, or failed in a bigger way.

It was filmed 1999/2000 but was meant to be a capture of the 80’s/90’s iirc.

It is awesome. Has held up too surprisingly. Launched the careers off Franco, Jason Segel, Seth Rogan and the whole bunch. I loved the sister Lindsay weir!
Neil Peart couldn't drum his way out of a wet paper bag.

The_Prisoner_%28logo%29.jpg

0*n5gXoOUELQa2InrO.jpg

A zillion years old, but way ahead of its time. I’ve still never seen anything quite like it.

Also, the GOAT series intro.

Don’t @ me

Spawned an entire generation of kids who ran around in slow motion, making the bionic sound every time we jumped off the back porch.

The funniest Sitcom I've ever seen.

Spartacus_Blood_and_Sand_1327602067_2010.jpg

And if Spartacus maintained the quality of the first two seasons for three more seasons after that, we'd be discussing it as a contender to be the GOAT TV series.

There wasn't a giant drop in quality in the 3rd and 4th seasons, they're still good, but just not as GOAT-quality as the first 2 seasons.

spartacus-57b10b0052918.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biden's Diaper
Back