Best big Asian fighter ever?

meet-taishan-dong2.jpg

this 7 footer, trained under the GOAT and retired undefeated. Now signed to the WWE.

Yuki Kondo had some very big wins from his era.

Unless you’re talking about sumo can you say Asian and big in the same sentence?

Most aren't big, but there are some big ones. Off the top of my head:

Hyun Gyu Lim
CqQiz13UIAEk0kE.jpg

Tae Hyun Lee
62192.jpg

Hong Man Choi
864604__2.jpg

brock-lesnar-and-hong-man-choi-picture-id83470255

The same can be said of Sakuraba after he faced Wanderlei.
Well, Saku faced him 3 times... But Sakuraba was unbreakable...

I recall reading something very funny about Sakuraba... they made it sound like he was an experiment that they were feeding to monsters to see how much pain Saku's head could endure... (Wandi, Cro Cop, etc).

I tried to look for it, but couldn't find it (this is VERY old)...a pity... would be perfect here!

Yuki Kondo had some very big wins from his era.

He is a great from his era, but I think stronger and more complete fighters emerged in the noughties. Its susprising the lack of talent that emerged from East Asia in this last decade. Althought Im not sure how far would prime Kondo reach against current competition

Sakuraba
Okami
Misaki
Kim
Kaz Nakamura

That's my top 5 special mention to Kondo. Although it's hard to say, if they did a tournament with all them in their best shape, I would probably pick Okami to win

Its really strange that not one single 170-205lber from Japan or Korea has emerged in the last decade who can even remotely be in the discussion against the aforementioned
SAKU GOAT was not a big dude, so I´ll have to settle with one of these OGs:

kohsaka.jpg

images.jpg

Sakuraba, who wasn't big, but frequently faced bigger opponents.

Tsuyoshi "TK" Kohsakakohsaka.jpg

Takada was the biggest impressive physical specimen, but his actual MMA fighting wasn't fantastic.

Sakuraba
Okami
Misaki
Kim
Kaz Nakamura

That's my top 5 special mention to Kondo. Although it's hard to say, if they did a tournament with all them in their best shape, I would probably pick Okami to win

Its really strange that not one single 170-205lber from Japan or Korea has emerged in the last decade who can even remotely be in the discussion against the aforementioned

upload_2018-7-21_20-7-35.jpeg

Full Asian from Asia: Sakuraba
Full Asian from US: Mark Munoz "Filipino Wrecking Machine"
Asian heritage: BJ Penn or Robbie Lawler

Honorable mentions: KZ, Cung Le, Machida

Back