Best big Asian fighter ever?

Saku beat Vitor, Randleman, and Rampage while being the size of a modern LW (if not smaller).... so him.

Asian defines both parents Asian. And raised in countries from East Asia, as it also tells about the evolutions in camps and training methods there.
No racism, just an aspect of anecrdotical value, a thread in sherdog heavies

So other races only need one qualification to be included but Asians have to meet all requirements?

There have been some good ones... But only one Sexyama…

If you're half black and whites you're still considered black, if you're half Asian/white you dont get considered as Asian?

Depends on who's doing the scoring.

The beatings he actually took were real. Respect what this guy did, is a legend, as real life top fighters consider him a leged. You pretend to know more than them lol and yeah is childish

Yes the beatings he took from Wanderlei, Arona, Manhoef and others were real. Those were guys who did not stick to the script and all of a sudden Sakuraba was made to look like the level of fighter he really was.

Depends on your definition of 'Asian'.

Robbie Lawler, Bendo, BJ & Machida if we're talking Asian heritage.

In terms of guys born in Asia, Sakuraba - and then honourable mentions for Misaki and Gono are who come to mind off the top of my head.
Im good but...Comparin´ to SAKU GOAT...

we´re good.gif

there aren't too many 'big' ones to pick from. probably sakuraba.

It's a shame MMA isn't more popular among Mongolians.

They're a hardy people from what I understand and have a strong history in grappling sports.

I'd love to see a Mongolian LHW or HW champion.

Yes the beatings he took from Wanderlei, Arona, Manhoef and others were real. Those were guys who did not stick to the script and all of a sudden Sakuraba was made to look like the level of fighter he really was.
Your post is so ridiculous tbh...

When u start talking about this kind of topic, u cant merely spit some vague rumors.

If indeed "someone" approached Randleman, u´ll have a hard time proving that it was indeed the "Promotors" or someone speaking on their behalf. A yakuza clan was behind, sure, but rival clans independent from Pride, could also operate.

Pretty sure that for Page or Randle, every Jap looked the same...

Moreover, Page would have talked by now. He talks more than a woman in bed...

Concerning the fights, Page was still a rookie, and got schooled. Couldnt handle the pressure and was not ready for such a ground game.

In Randle´s case, his problem has always been for him to find something to do when he´s got his opponent´s back on a body lock...

Takada & Rickson were the reason why Pride was created.

Takada was a bigger star than SAKU and had no reason to help him become bigger than him.

Everybody (except clueless dudes like ya) knows Pride suicided SAKU, even Aerobic Trainer admitted it.

This is a Hendo interview from back then:

Q: The new rules permit you to sprawl to avoid the tackle and then put the knee in. This is advantageous for you isn't it?

Dan: I think the new rules are advantageous for us wrestlers. Sprawling is our specialty. From this position, landing knees is easy. So I used them. Coleman too, and got a KO [over Alan Goes]. Silva too. When I heard about the rule change, I was very much surprised.

Q: Surprised?

Dan: Before the Sakuraba vs. Silva fight, I never thought the rules would be changed like this. Because the change provided a clear advantage to Silva. Well, since the rules are changed, we will fight according to them.

See? They were so keen on "helpin´" SAKU that they fooked him, not only once, but several times:

They also forced him to fight according to Vale Tudo Rules vs Hoyce [90mn] while the others in the tournament were fightin´ according to Modern MMA rules...

See how ridiculous u are?

Fedor because russia is part of asia

Gono and Kondo could very well be instead of Nakamura and they cetainly are in terms of legacy; but King Kaz was a very solid contedner in a weightclass with really big guys as LHW and I would probably favour him to beat them

Nakamura was pretty dull tbh, but in terms of results he's up there for sure. He got kinda shafted by his match-ups after Pride which probably effected his career a bit unfairly.

Kondo similarly. ..also there's a Japanese guy whose name escapes me from around that time who'd wear tighty tight red speedo's (not Minowaman)?

Sakuraba is the greatest in terms of accomplishment. Okami or Misaki are the best fighters.

Nakamura was pretty dull tbh, but in terms of results he's up there for sure. He got kinda shafted by his match-ups after Pride which probably effected his career a bit unfairly.

Kondo similarly. ..also there's a Japanese guy whose name escapes me from around that time who'd wear tighty tight red speedo's (not Minowaman)?

Nakamura may not be the most appealling character but he was solid all around, and pretty big and powerful for an Asian. He beat the likes of Randleman, Vovchancyn, Kondo or Bustamante. Also the fact that he gave Machida or Nogueira competitive fights is an accomplishment in my book even in the loss. He faced lot of heavy killers and is severely underrated. Kondo and Gono were great too.

Your post is so ridiculous tbh...

When u start talking about this kind of topic, u cant merely spit some vague rumors.

If indeed "someone" approached Randleman, u´ll have a hard time proving that it was indeed the "Promotors" or someone speaking on their behalf. A yakuza clan was behind, sure, but rival clans independent from Pride, could also operate.

Pretty sure that for Page or Randle, every Jap looked the same...

Moreover, Page would have talked by now. He talks more than a woman in bed...

Concerning the fights, Page was still a rookie, and got schooled. Couldnt handle the pressure and was not ready for such a ground game.

In Randle´s case, his problem has always been for him to find something to do when he´s got his opponent´s back on a body lock...

Takada & Rickson were the reason why Pride was created.

Takada was a bigger star than SAKU and had no reason to help him become bigger than him.

Everybody (except clueless dudes like ya) knows Pride suicided SAKU, even Aerobic Trainer admitted it.

This is a Hendo interview from back then:

Q: The new rules permit you to sprawl to avoid the tackle and then put the knee in. This is advantageous for you isn't it?

Dan: I think the new rules are advantageous for us wrestlers. Sprawling is our specialty. From this position, landing knees is easy. So I used them. Coleman too, and got a KO [over Alan Goes]. Silva too. When I heard about the rule change, I was very much surprised.

Q: Surprised?

Dan: Before the Sakuraba vs. Silva fight, I never thought the rules would be changed like this. Because the change provided a clear advantage to Silva. Well, since the rules are changed, we will fight according to them.

See? They were so keen on "helpin´" SAKU that they fooked him, not only once, but several times:

They also forced him to fight according to Vale Tudo Rules vs Hoyce [90mn] while the others in the tournament were fightin´ according to Modern MMA rules...

See how ridiculous u are?

Good post over here

Back