Ben Askren claims there is a 98% chance he fights in the UFC

what a weird percentage to choose, 98% lol.
I think he thinks % = degrees

415NX8171QL.jpg

He's a big fan of Nick Lachey

"what would the scorecards look like if you fought Nate or Nick at 170?"

50-45. 2 out of 3 judges and 70% of crowd asleep.

He claims that Dana White disrespected him, like Fedor did - and Fedor >>>>>>>>> Askren. I mean, they use it to not sign and be humiliated in the best promotion in the world. What's the point to sign and beat "cans" (like you said)? Aren't they the best ones? Askren is a big mouth and nothing more, not even is the best wrestler in MMA, far, far from it.
He's an Olympic level wrestler, unbeaten and won championships at various other orgs.
More than just a big mouth and definitely ufc level.
If he isn't a good portion of the ufc roster aren't.

Let GSP school him and show the world he's a B+ fighter at best.
GSP made a lot of dudes look like B+ fighters. If he can wrestle with Askren I'd be impressed. I think he could out strike him, I think he could stop him from taking him down for a round or two. After? Sheeeeit.

His chances are -1 and nothing more. He is a big mouth, was ragdolled by an unknown Luis Sapo and do nothing, only got chickens to tear. UFC is another level, come on.
Luis sapo isn't known to casuals. Sapo is a legit bjj black belt, 64-10 mma record fighting since 2000, and roided to the fucking gills.

Askren was past his best days vs Sapo. Sapo was gassed in like 2min, got taken down, and milked the eyepoke for a DQ. It was gonna be a typical Askren 5 round grapplefest.

It's 5 years too late for that UFC debut. Askren is looking old as fuck and slow.

He's a great fighter who has been wrongly branded boring. .

He is boring unless he's facing horrible competition in OneFC. Any Top 10 UFC fighter would look like a killer there.

Yes he would. Better wrestler way better cardio. Tyrons only shot is punchers chance.

But Askren would own Colby.

Styles make fights.
I don't think Colby is a better wrestler in the cage than Wood though. Good at pressuring people and holding them and grinding for takedowns for sure though.
Woodley can neutralize Colbys wrestling, if that happens I don't think Colby has many ways to win. Twood is a way better striker and can definitely hurt Colby on the feet so I just don't see the win for him, except for the fact that it is MMA. So anything can happen but I just don't see it happening as Woodley seems to play it smart and gameplan well for his fights.

GSP made a lot of dudes look like B+ fighters. If he can wrestle with Askren I'd be impressed. I think he could out strike him, I think he could stop him from taking him down for a round or two. After? Sheeeeit.

GSP isn't the same fighter after multiple ACL injuries. If Askren wants to prove himself vs. GSP, he better find a time machine and go back to 2009.

So because you don’t know Sapo means he sucks? Lol what level is UFC on? Cause Woodley is a SF guy. 5 years ago ppl said Woodley was a bum now he’s ufc champ.
That’s because 170 is dry right now. The old guys got too old, the new breed isn’t experienced enough yet.

He fell in right at the right time in 170. Couple years before no way he’s champ. Couple years later he won’t be anymore.

He is already predicting boring decision scores.
That's what makes him awesome! He KNOWS who he is. He's not gonna just give you some bullshit about how he'll finish the fight hard, just to go in there and lay on his opponent the whole fight. He's proud of the way he fights even though he knows most people don't like it, and he challenges anyone to stop him. And so far, no one has.

He's an Olympic level wrestler, unbeaten and won championships at various other orgs.
More than just a big mouth and definitely ufc level.
If he isn't a good portion of the ufc roster aren't.
As long as he doesn't sign, he is only a big mouth. Outside of UFC he is good, but once inside he will feel the pressure. Talk and not sign doesn't matter, he can talk whatever he wants, but with 0 effect. I repeat: he is a totally nobody and big mouth until he signs UFC and win against the best - he claims he is the best, then fights the best to prove, simple.

Luis sapo isn't known to casuals. Sapo is a legit bjj black belt, 64-10 mma record fighting since 2000, and roided to the fucking gills.

Askren was past his best days vs Sapo. Sapo was gassed in like 2min, got taken down, and milked the eyepoke for a DQ. It was gonna be a typical Askren 5 round grapplefest.

It's 5 years too late for that UFC debut. Askren is looking old as fuck and slow.
Then, it is only talk. He is not in UFC's level, for sure. Sign and beat the best, simple. Prove it or stfu.

Huge if true. He would put a lot of perceptions to the test. He is the epitomy of meritocracy meaning he will win, it will be boring as hell but he will win nonetheless at least for a bit. Id love to see him get tested. Hes definitely one of the bigger what ifs? That exist outside of the UFC.

That’s because 170 is dry right now. The old guys got too old, the new breed isn’t experienced enough yet.

He fell in right at the right time in 170. Couple years before no way he’s champ. Couple years later he won’t be anymore.

And of course Rory (bad style match-up for him) is in Bellator.

Yeah, his timing is bad. He should've come when GSP still held the belt and was closer to his prime..and when Hendricks was a beast. What will he do now? Fight Colby or the Diaz brothers and call it a career (for the second time)?

"

Second tweet is referencing a Colby matchup. Third tweet is referring to if he fought the Diaz brothers.

Thoughts ?

I like Funky Ben, but he might need to go back to math class.

I don't understand why people keep saying he will beat Woodley. That fight will never everrrrrrrrr happen. They are really close friends for a long time and Askren is Woodleys wrestling coach. its never happening.

Askren vs Khabib or GSP would be fun to watch, wrestlefest

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back