Ben Askren claims there is a 98% chance he fights in the UFC

I would be happy to see him fight in the UFC. They should gradually build him up and not just throw him into fights with top five ranked guys.

I'm not sure if Ben still has a lot of fans.

I enjoy watching fighters like Askren completely embarrass their opponent by taking them down and keeping them down round after round. It is hilarious.

tB1xvVR.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Isn't he past his prime already? Or talking about retirement or something?

I think Colby is a great fighter. I think Colby can beat Woodley. I think Ben beats Covington and Woodley.
Colby beats Woodley? Jesus, you guys are mad. Woodley was willing to fight him with an injured hand as long as it didn't require surgery. Said very plainly he wouldn't need two hands. Colby literally can't do anything to him for 2 rounds except trying not to get overpowered and KO'd. But time will tell....

I'm 98% sure Ben Askren is somewhat delusional.

Dana White will ally with the Devil himself, let alone Ben Askren, to get WW rid of the unlikable racebaiter: Tyron Woodley.

According to my calculations, there's a 67.42% chance Askren will end up fighting in the UFC.

I'd like Ben in UFC just so we can see how good he really is, or isn't. He only has one top 15 win in his career, but proclaim's to be the best, well let's see it then

Dana White will ally with the Devil himself, let alone Ben Askren, to get WW rid of the unlikable racebaiter: Tyron Woodley.

According to my calculations, there's a 67.42% chance Askren will end up fighting in the UFC.
Askren said he will never fight Woodley (teammates)

Gotta give him credit. He certainly can keep people talking about him. Impressive for a retired fighter that had an extremely limited skillset and achieved nothing in his career.

Making comparisons to Antonio McKee and Will Brooks would be unfair to those guys as they have actually beaten good fighters and were able to get to the UFC.

Askren said he will never fight Woodley (teammates)

This changes everything.

According to my new calculations, there's a 1.29% chance Askren will fight in the UFC.

I enjoy watching fighters like Askren completely embarrass their opponent by taking them down and keeping them down round after round. It is hilarious.

tB1xvVR.gif
OrganicSmoothDogfish-max-1mb.gif

SparklingFlashyHairstreakbutterfly-small.gif

These are more funny. A ragdoll and a kick to the leg. Luis Sapo... HILARIOUS AND ORIGINAL.

This changes everything.

According to my new calculations, there's a 1.29% chance Askren will fight in the UFC.
Askren also said he will never fight for a non-title fight again. In other words he will only fight for interim title or championship title or there is no fight.

Now THAT is a good point. There is decent validity to your point.

Dana will hire almost anyone IMHO if he thinks there is a reasonable chance of them de-throning Woodley at 170. It's unfortunate but it's really fairly apparent.

Would love to see him in the UFC to see how he matches against the elite.

I really hope to see Askren in the UFC. He's one of the best at 170 in the world and it would be nice to see him compete with the best in the UFC.

Wouldn't mind seeing him vs Woodley.

Really hope so, but am not gonna hold my breath.

Suprised he didn't end every tweet with "Right?"

Back