Ben Askren claims there is a 98% chance he fights in the UFC

Askren fights at 170, GSP has no business there anymore.

Or at least that’s what GSP fans tell me when I suggest a Woodley matchup
I thought ONE FC bumped up all their weights. What did he weigh in at for his last few fights?

not going to get to excited until he signs.

But god I hope so.

Would be great but tbh he hasn't shown anything to indicate he runs through elite fighters in the ufc like he and his fans claim.

They keep clinging to those two fringe top 10-15 wins from over half a decade ago tho don't they lol...

Let GSP school him and show the world he's a B+ fighter at best.

how does that prove he's a B level fighter? GSP is a WW King. it's not like he's some gatekeeper.

losing to the very best doesn't mean you're not great in your own right too.

Could go along with his personality. He says random shit with a smirk. Hope it's true though.

askren will be hired to replace Khabib. If Askren loses, he will be fired. Most likely they will extend like a 3 fight contract. Fights someone in top 10 twice and gets a shot at a title. You lose, and good bye. dana is a smart dude, having many grapplers is not good for business. Although as mma enthusiast we like technical sambo and bjj, most people just think its a gay man hugging ritual. So I am afraid khabib is the only man hugger allowed in UFC.

4_Ben_Askren_vs._Andrey_Koreshkov.gif
giphy.gif
20130731063504_askren.JPG

Ben is needed for the Crusade against Wahabism. It will be extremely exciting to have him back.

Do wanna see him fight in the ufc.

Would be funny if he gets knocked out in his first fight though.

Good fighter. Not very exciting. Doubt he fights in the UFC. Would be cool if he did fight in the UFC just to see how well he does.

It feels kinda pointless having him come to 170 if he just will not fight the champion.

If he fights Colby and beats him it puts the division in a terrible state.

Back