Bellator 172 - Fedor vs Mitrione - San Jose

According to the Vivisection guys, Fedor only had a short three week camp and mostly did jogging and hitting pads. It is apparently the least prepared he's ever been and he didn't have his head coach either.

Officially big on Matt after hearing this.

I like Fedor in this spot. I know he isn't what he used to be, but stylistically he matches up very well with meathead. If I have time I do a stylistic breakdown of how they match up and how his striking can present me with a lot of problems. I actually believe that Fedor gets the KO here,

I know he's been more Fade-or than Fedor lately, but as a dog in this case I like him.

It does seem like Mitrione is being set up to be KO here tbh

He gets tagged a lot clean, he got KOd by a Roy Nelson overhand, and while there is no shame in that, that punch is one of Fedors favourites and best so i could certainly see Fedor landing it clean and doing some damage

HOWEVER

Fedor seems to be a basic brawler these days. By these days i mean the past few years too so i wouldnt expect any kind of change in his style. Meathead has already said multiple times he wants to keep his striked long and straight which will always beat Fedors looping wide shots

Fedor has been fighting for so so long and has took some insane punishment recently, Bigfoot beatdown, Hendo KO, Maldonado beatdown, will his chin be gone ? Maldonado who is known to have low power really really hurt Fedor multiple times during that fight, So a big strong and fast true heavyweight could do some real bad damage

I feel Mitrione is quick strong and powerful enough to catch Fedor and KO him. He trains with better guys, has the better technique, is probably more motivated for the win

Fedor is no longer a full time fighter, he has fought 3 times in the past 5 years. We need to go on what our eyes tell us and to forget the mans past. Forget he is Fedor and his legacy, if you seen the fight vs maldonado and didnt know who Fedor was you would cap the fight in Mitriones favour for sure

That is what im doing

It is heavyweight though so im not going big at all because anything can happen, just a small play, but at close to even odds i really do see Mitrione as the pick

Mitrione almost always needs an early finish to win. 6 out of his last 8 wins were round one KOs. The other two were Rd 2 KOs. Fedor is definitely not what he once was, but I don't think he's a guy that most can just run through still. I'd be really surprised to see Mitrione win in any way but Rd 1, but I could see Fedor winning in any round or even by decision.

According to the Vivisection guys, Fedor only had a short three week camp and mostly did jogging and hitting pads. It is apparently the least prepared he's ever been and he didn't have his head coach either.

Hmmmm,

I mean, theres red flags, and then there is this.

2u Mitrione
2u Alonso
0,5u Pitbull
0,5u over 1,5 Kongo/Oli Thompson

Too much value in Mitrione, if Fabio almost killed Fedor I'm scared to see what Matt will do. Fedor is one of my favourite fighters and even though I very highly doubt he wins this, I'm not sure if I can count him out. By that i mean I'll end up getting around 10u on Matt :/
Fabio is also a really good boxer. Meathead is meathead. Nothing more than a slugger.

Fabio is also a really good boxer. Meathead is meathead. Nothing more than a slugger.

Fabio has decent hands i will agree with that

What Fabio does not have atall, is power. If you watched his fights you would know Fabio is lacking in power and is an accumulation puncher, where as if you watched only the Fedor fight you would think Fabio is a destroyer with wicked power with the way he had Fedor chicken dancing all over the cage.

This tells me Fedors chin is fading, this is understandable after about 40 MMA fights and loads of full contact sambo fights, the guy has took a tonne of damage

Meatheads hands are actually decent. His strikes are crisp and straight, which should beat Fedors looping punches. Most importantly Mitrione has Real power, not Fabio Maldonado power. When he lands i see him doing some real damage.

Lol fedor picking out some candy out of his belly button

Meathead looks a lot bigger then fatty fedor

Those were the early weigh-ins fyi, there is apparently going to be a press conference on YouTube later at 6:30 PM EST and then the ceremonial weigh-ins at 8 PM EST.

Lol fedor picking out some candy out of his belly button
It shows Fedor gives zero fucks.

Expect him to treat Mitrione like his belly button lint and toss him to the ground like he ain't shit.

Best shape I've ever seen Mitrione in, leaner than usual

Fedor looks soft, fatter than usual

fedor is in no way softer/fatter than usual. he looks fine. i think he even weighed in fairly light for him.

i will say, however, mitrione looks as good as he ever has

fedor is in no way softer/fatter than usual. he looks fine. i think he even weighed in fairly light for him.

i will say, however, mitrione looks as good as he ever has
I disagree, I think Fedor has looked better in the past, this is probably the worst he's looked, expected though, he's only getting older.

Prop prices are so garbage. Expected Kongo dec +200 at least. Played it still at +160 and Thomson dec +124 even though Patricky dec +300 was very enticing

Kos layoff, Alonso is very bigger for WW (6,2), bjj black belt, this fight is 50-50 on atual Kos imo. Will be close fight.

I actually think KOS is parlay fodder. Bellator invested a lot in him for this fight and KOS handpicked Alonso. I think KOS and Bellator think KOS cruises here. I don't love KOS as a fighter but this is one time I advocate him as parlay fodder.

I am parlaying him and Meathead for 2 units.

Back