Barnett can beat Cain

fucking joke. cain destroys barnett 10 out of 10.

No, the "fucking Joke" is your statement. 10 out of 10? So there's just no way he could beat Cain? Cain is the rightful favorite in this match up, but let's not act like he's unbeatable. He's been KO'd, we've seen him taken down (Congo), he's not invincible.
Those who are ripping Barnett forthe DC fight, either don't know or aren't mentioning the fact that he broke his hand right away in that fight, and still managed to tag Cormier throughout the fight. Striking, I'd say that Cain is quicker, but not much better. Cardio, I'd give to Cain, but again, not too far apart here. Wrestling is an interesting aspect in this fight, I think they can both take each other down, and Barnett is light years ahead in submissions.

I think JDS/Cain/DC are all slight favorites to Barnett, by there are no large margins, and certainly not you're f'ing retarded 10/10 odds.

cormier messed barnett up. cain is like dc on crack. cain by a landslide

Barnett could win but Cain is not an easy matchup for him. He would be at a speed disadvantage, for sure.

He seemed to have quite a bit of problems dealing with DC's wrestling. I would expect him to lose the same way against Cain.

Would def be cheering the Warmaster though!

cormier messed barnett up. cain is like dc on crack. cain by a landslide

True that cormier messed barnett up, but you must make an honest comparison: Barnett was ill during their fight and he broke his hand, which definitely influenced his performance. Also, compare how Cormier beat Mir and how Barnett beat Mir. Who did it most convincingly?

I think Cain wins the fight .. but Barnett would be a tough opponent.
Personal bias wants me to see Barnett win and he very well could...I would not root against him tho

He could beat Cain, but I doubt he would

Saying cardio is a draw definitely made me lol

Why? Seriously people are fixated on Josh's love handles.
Joshs cardio is up there with the best.

Is Cains striking on the feet superior to Josh? They'd be close.

Exactly, cormier who is an inferior version of cain (and not just because hes black) beat barnett convincingly

What is that supposed to mean? I'm hoping it doesn't mean what I think it means.

I believe Josh is easily the greatest current threat to Cain, to whit:

-Cardio: Draw, Josh is an all action non-stop attacking machine, like Cain himself

-Chin: Josh, Josh has only been KOed once against Rizzo back in the day, when he lost to Crocop (3) he tapped because his eye was damaged.
Cain has been wobbled quite a few times.

Wrestling: Draw, both excellent

Submissions: Barnett

I can't see JDS beating Cain, nor Werdum. Josh is the only HW with the abilities and heart to dethrone Cain.

JDS already did beat Cain, and can do it again. Cormier is the only other guy that would give Cain a real fight, and they apparently won't fight. Barnett beating Mir, a guy who really can not be considered top 10 and on a 3 fight losing streak, isn't that impressive. I do think Barnett would have a better chance against Cain than Werdum, but Werdum deserves the shot at Cain - if Cain beats JDS.

how can you say barnett has equal cardio to cain?? seems to me you are delirious, cain will likely destroy barnett as there is no way barnett will defend his crazy pace + takedowns

Cardio is a draw? That's funny. Cain fights like a 145er.

I like Big Josh, but Cain has too much speed and wrestling advantage over him now. Eleven years ago that would have been a great fight and sadly now it would be a one sided massacre with Cain winning easily.

Josh did break his hand early in the first round of the Cormier fight. X-ray's showed it was pretty bad. Not saying he'd beat Cain but I think he'd be on the short list of guys that would have a better shot than most of getting a win. Josh has the wrestling to keep it on the feet and his chin is pretty good. He have a chance of catching Cain like JDS did. Not sure why everyone counts him out so fast

Striking = Cain
Cardio = Cain
Wrestling = Cain

Subs = Barnett
Chin = Barnett

Two fo the biggest factors will be the Striking and the Wrestling. Cain's chin has been exposed only great strikers, Barnett isnt one. Weak Chin or not with him Punch output and power I tink Cain wins standing.

Wrestling is a big factor because Barnett is very much a top controll fighter, if he is the weaker wreslter he struggles, DC (Injury or not) Mirko and his exceptional TDD etc.. Point is Josh isnt winning this fight off his back.

I think Cain is the worst fight for Josh, I think JDS winning the title would be better for him.

Sure, he can beat Cain. Just like he beat Cain's number one training partner, Daniel Cormier.

Well, at least it was close. Oh, wait...

He was active the whole time and fought at an insane pace for the first 2 rounds. I have seen many WWs gas harder.

Of course, but come on... People already swallowed UFC's hype about Cain's cardio when he went the distance only once, in a three rounds fight against Kongo. IMO if he was tired the only time he went more than three rounds, there is no reason to put him on the cardio GOAT list like many do here.

Back