Barnett can beat Cain

Barnett has been legit forever although most of you noobs wouldn`t know that. Cain would be the favorite but Barnett would have more than just a "pucher`s chance," wouldn`t shock me at all if he tko`d Cain

Beating Frank Mir was a long time coming, but that's not why people are giving Barnett his credit. He's had an entire career that earned him that credit.

Chin: Barnett
Power: Barnett
Submissions: Barnett

Speed: Velasquez
Stamina: Velasquez
Top game: Velasquez

Cain has better wrestling, better stand up, is stronger faster and more explosive also has un parallel stamina in HW division.

Only thing Barnett has over Cain is submission and his bottom game sucks.

Cain is basically better Cormier with little weaker wrestling and better cardio and stand up.

I love Barnett but I dont consider him biggest treat to Cain. JDS has speed and explosiveness on his side with crazy fast hands.

No. Whenever a fighter beats a hasbeen fighter, hype spirals out of control. People are going to say he's got a good chance at submitting prime Fedor soon.

Barnett was legit long before he beat Mir, that's why he came in the favorite, that's why he destroyed Mir in the first round.

The only guy to beat him in recent memory is Cormier and that's hardly something to be ashamed about, especially given the circumstances.

He's the most well-rounded heavyweight in the UFC, imo.

The real question is not would he beat Cain. The real question is why do so many people not realize there is nobody more likely to beat Cain aside from JDS possibly, anyway?

Josh could beat Cain but I would not favor him.
However saying it is impossible is just silly.

A guy who got knocked out in 60 seconds - I don't look at him as unbeatable. Why wouldn't Barnett be able to do Cain?

To quote cro-cop's comments on Barnett before they fought,

"Too slow and too fet."

Barnett got tooled by a smaller version of Cain in DC. You really think he'd have anything for the HW champ?

Back