Barnett can beat Cain

Triple sec

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I believe Josh is easily the greatest current threat to Cain, to whit:

-Cardio: Draw, Josh is an all action non-stop attacking machine, like Cain himself

-Chin: Josh, Josh has only been KOed once against Rizzo back in the day, when he lost to Crocop (3) he tapped because his eye was damaged.
Cain has been wobbled quite a few times.

Wrestling: Draw, both excellent

Submissions: Barnett

I can't see JDS beating Cain, nor Werdum. Josh is the only HW with the abilities and heart to dethrone Cain.

I believe Josh is easily the greatest current threat to Cain, to whit:

-Cardio: Draw, Josh is an all action non-stop attacking machine, like Cain himself

-Chin: Josh, Josh has only been KOed once against Rizzo back in the day, when he lost to Crocop (3) he tapped because his eye was damaged.
Cain has been wobbled quite a few times.

Wrestling: Draw, both excellent

Submissions: Barnett

I can't see JDS beating Cain, nor Werdum. Josh is the only HW with the abilities and heart to dethrone Cain.

Barnett is getting quite the hype for beating Mir.

How about DC? He beat Barnett convincingly, what makes you think he's got less of a chance than Barnett of dethroning Cain?

Oh, and this Barnett hype is getting ridiculous. He beat Frank Mir...!

fucking joke. cain destroys barnett 10 out of 10.

I'll take some of whatever you're smokin.
Don't get me wrong I like barnett myself but I don't believe he is on or near Cains level.

TS probably doesnt even know Josh fought DC

I think it's possible, but right now i'd pick Cain over any heavyweight in MMA today.

I am with you man. I will root for him forever.

The only Kriptonite

I dislike Cain but no way Barnett beats him, Junior or Werdum.

I think Cain will take down and beat up any man on the planet earth eventually - even Cormier would be at a cardio defecit after a few rounds. Barnett would be taken down too.

So the question is not who can stop Cains takedown, cause really I don't see anyone being able to do it consistently for 25 minutes. It is who can beat him off their back and has good enough striking to stand with him?

Werdum... Werdum is a monster off of his back AND his striking is looking really good lately - uses kicks and knees freely because he doesn't fear to be on his back. Stylistically I think Werdum the worst matchup for Cain in the current division.

I love Barnett though, and I would have no problem with him getting another run. If he fought Cain it would be an entertaining fight for sure, I just think it would look alot like the Barnett vs. Cormier fight...

No. Not even close. Mir is so hit or miss, beating him is hardly a huge thing at this time. Barnett has been a perennial top 10 fighting increasingly lower caliber competition. Cain would absolutely pummel him standing, and would be on top 100% of the time on the ground, landing shots there as well.

Barnett broke his hand against Cormier in the first round. It has to be considered when discussing how Barnett did against DC.

I think Cain will take down and beat up any man on the planet earth eventually - even Cormier would be at a cardio defecit after a few rounds. Barnett would be taken down too.

So the question is not who can stop Cains takedown, cause really I don't see anyone being able to do it consistently for 25 minutes. It is who can beat him off their back and has good enough striking to stand with him?

Werdum... Werdum is a monster off of his back AND his striking is looking really good lately - uses kicks and knees freely because he doesn't fear to be on his back. Stylistically I think Werdum the worst matchup for Cain in the current division.

I love Barnett though, and I would have no problem with him getting another run. If he fought Cain it would be an entertaining fight for sure, I just think it would look alot like the Barnett vs. Cormier fight...

Are you right. I only cant count Josh out on any fight. ever. Dudeis a legend and always bring the fight to the other dudes... he fear no man and that

Barnett is getting quite the hype for beating Mir.

How about DC? He beat Barnett convincingly, what makes you think he's got less of a chance than Barnett of dethroning Cain?

Oh, and this Barnett hype is getting ridiculous. He beat Frank Mir...!

DC fight barely counts imo considering Josh shattered his hand in round 1

No. Not even close. Mir is so hit or miss, beating him is hardly a huge thing at this time. Barnett has been a perennial top 10 fighting increasingly lower caliber competition. Cain would absolutely pummel him standing, and would be on top 100% of the time on the ground, landing shots there as well.

I thought Banett would match Cain before I saw the Mir fight.
Saw plenty of Josh back in the Pride days, and like Werdum he seems to get better with age.

Barnetts style would not be good for Cain

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
herrsackbauer
Back