Barnett can beat Cain

You're nuts if you think their cardio is comparable. No HW ever has had the cardio Cain has, maybe not even close.

Barnett has been legit forever although most of you noobs wouldn`t know that. Cain would be the favorite but Barnett would have more than just a "pucher`s chance," wouldn`t shock me at all if he tko`d Cain

You're nuts if you think their cardio is comparable. No HW ever has had the cardio Cain has, maybe not even close.

I've watched most of Barnetts fights, the only time he looked gassed was his first fight after a long injury against Crocop.

I know JB broke his hand during the DC fight and that changed the pace of fight. That being said, Cain will win by submission by condition.

your one funny dude and i like josh to but im not dumb. hes to slow for cain and his cardio aint at cains level

Barnett has a better shot with JDS stylistically. Cain, I'd bet, would outspeed and outwrestle him.

I believe Josh is easily the greatest current threat to Cain, to whit:

-Cardio: Draw, Josh is an all action non-stop attacking machine, like Cain himself

-Chin: Josh, Josh has only been KOed once against Rizzo back in the day, when he lost to Crocop (3) he tapped because his eye was damaged.
Cain has been wobbled quite a few times.

Wrestling: Draw, both excellent

Submissions: Barnett

I can't see JDS beating Cain, nor Werdum. Josh is the only HW with the abilities and heart to dethrone Cain.

f**k this website.

Saw plenty of Josh back in the Pride days, and like Werdum he seems to get better with age.

For a guy caught three times for peds, I would probably be getting pretty concerned if he's getting better with age.

-Cardio: Draw, Josh is an all action non-stop attacking machine, like Cain himself

-Chin: Josh, Josh has only been KOed once against Rizzo back in the day, when he lost to Crocop (3) he tapped because his eye was damaged.

I can't see JDS beating Cain, nor Werdum. Josh is the only HW with the abilities and heart to dethrone Cain.

You can't see JDS beating Cain, yet he already has.

Well, sure. Anyone can beat anyone, but we have to discuss likelihoods. I don't think it's very likely Barnett beats Cain, because Cain is too fast and too explosive, and I think his cardio is better.

Cain makes "the warmaster" cry. TKO within the first two rounds, I would bet.

your one funny dude and i like josh to but im not dumb. hes to slow for cain and his cardio aint at cains level

I know Cains cardio is ungodly,
but I think people look at Joshs drooping fatty waist, and think
"ohh he must gas easily".

Can someone state a time where Joshs cardio was less than excellent?
I can only think of one.

Actually, from reading the responses on this, its seems most people have only seen 2 or 3 of Barnetts fights.

I thought there would be more knowledgeable posters on here.

There was a time when MMA wasn't just UFC.

Not bad Ts, I don't have a problem with that. Except you left out striking (Cain), speed (Cain), tdd (Cain), and I'm going to say strength (Cain). The strength one is a toss up really you never see Cain rag dolled, in fact he does the manhandling.

Cain will make Barnett tap to strikes.

Barnett is more known for his submissions from the top position, I doubt he can take Cain down.

Cain is also a better striker and much faster. I highly doubt Barnett would be able to get Cain down or beat him on the feet. Cain would keep it standing and light him up for the whole fight just like Cormier did IMO.

I love Barnett though and I will never count him out against anybody.

Barnett can beat Cain. Yes.

Will Barnett beat Cain? It would be exciting, but not be my bet.

Back