Atheist Teacher Under Probe After Calling Students Who Invited Her to Church 'Cretins'

It sounds more like the kids were trying to troll the shit out of her than genuinely wanting to convert her.

Look like they succeeded.

Evidently she's not cut out for the role. But it's a sad indictment when the ability to tolerate patent disrespect is a requirement of being a teacher.

You've not seen it. You've seen something that fit a pattern that caused you to believe you saw something that you didn't see. Our human brains do an amazing job of identifying patterns, so much so that we can do so when they aren't really there.

It's cute, in a naive way, that you interpreted what you saw in the way you did. But that's the same as me believing in ghosts because I saw a light flicker while not fully understanding Alternating or Direct Current.
Foxnoob, I can tell you that I have not seen God face to face physically, but I have seen him at work, and experienced his presence and I am a different man because of that. No patterns and not just luck. I don't live for myself anymore!

Super childish of the teacher. I'm not a believer, but I'd never get offended by something like that, especially from kids, for goodness' sake.
well it sounds like they are purposefully antagonizing her with it. meaning she had to have said something about it in the past for them to realize it was a weakness for them to push. either way she bad and easily gotten to

You put that better than I tried to. 100% agree about challenging student to form their own opinions. That can only truly be accomplished if both sides of an argument are presented or the facts presented with as little bias as possible. It's too easy for teachers and professors to sway the perceptions of students with their own ideology, especially given how much time they have with what amounts to a captive audience.
Teachers are not robots though. We have to be careful about trying to censor them beyond what is reasonable. We don't want them preaching but I see no harm in a teacher talking about thier own views. I don't think we help kids learn to be free thinkers by "protecting" them from people's opinions.
Obviously unless we are talking about religion. Keep that shit out of schools.

Teachers are not robots though. We have to be careful about trying to censor them beyond what is reasonable. We don't want them preaching but I see no harm in a teacher talking about thier own views. I don't think we help kids learn to be free thinkers by "protecting" them from people's opinions.
Obviously unless we are talking about religion. Keep that shit out of schools.
While I understand your point and can even agree to an extent what we too commonly read, see and hear of late regarding comments and actions from mainly college professors are political and ideological rants regarding their opposition to the President, not reasoned discussion or debates on the merits, or lack thereof, his policies. That's proselytizing to a still impressionable, and to a degree, captive audience. That I strongly disagree with whether right or wrong because that's not teaching, it's indoctrination.

she could just say thank you and move on with the lesson

Not surprised an atheist is acting like an asshole for simply being invited to church.

Kids sound like shit heels, and teacher is too weak to teach middle school. Next fake outrage story please.

Not fake outrage to me. I am outraged! Blar!!!! ROAR!!!! Oh well, my rage didn't last as long as I thought it would..

This troll account has run its course. You're pretty good at it. Maybe come back next time as a self righteous atheist. Thanks.

Yea, that was not a fucking clock. It was a timer. The only thing he was missing was the explosive.. All we have is his word it was not a mock bomb, yet there it is, a mock bomb..

theres nothing snowflake about calling low i.q. people cretins because they believe in people who are not there.

So its ok to ridicule children, because they have religious faith? Why is that a good thing?

Agree 100%. It may be hard to remain 100% neutral 100% for certain subjects, like social studies or maybe even history BUT the effort should always be made to avoid interjecting your own opinions. Kids should be presented with the subject and make taught to form their own opinions.

Is the teacher has already told them thanks but no thanks, and the kids keep doing it than I would deem that harassment. It's not the worst thing in the world but still is annoying and they should stop after being told no.

Yea, but people in church are taught to go after the non believers at every opportunity. Maybe these kids are just trying to be good Christians and not taking no for an answer. Obviously you cant reach someone who wont be reached, but I think they were trying to live their faith.

To seek eternal life is a selfish pursuit. You're just crafty enough to have disguised your selfishness with Christianity. Do some genuine self analysis about why you believe what you believe and what you expect to get back for believing what you believe.

What's crazy to me is all the people who believe in an omniscient God but then also believe they can trick him into letting them into heaven by putting on a front of belief for their life when its transparent as day you're just hedging your bets.

You say selfishness as if it were a bad thing. I will do what ever it takes to get that eternal life thing. Why would I not want that?

Can't stand when people go out of their way to say "bless you" or "God bless you" when others sneeze... Just archaic and meaningless. Slightly off topic, but the op mentioned it...

Edit* also in the article... Stop trying to prevent souls from going to hell due to sudden death by sneeze...

Actually it seems like its the kids who should learn to be more tolerant. Seems like they know she's an atheist and do these things to get under her skin. I can believe it. Middle school kids are the worst, Christian or atheist or otherwise.

All they did was invite her to church. Chill out. My wife works at a school where the students lay their hands in the teachers and the cops are called there all the time. Those are the real cretins.

All they did was invite her to church. Chill out. My wife works at a school where the students lay their hands in the teachers and the cops are called there all the time. Those are the real cretins.
Reread the OP
fb+post3.jpg

they would say God Bless you when someone sneezes and look her way. And they would repeatedly leave these flyers there and the principal already spoke to them about it. Seems like they're doing it to annoy her

its 2017....anyone who believes in imaginary gods should be ridiculed.

Can we ridicule men who think they're women, Muhammad, BLM, third wave feminists, because the current year? Or just those who believe in God?

I wonder what would be everyones reaction if a christian teacher was constantly invited to mosques or left satanic flyers every day after being told more then once to stop by both the teacher and principal :rolleyes:

Back