Atheist Teacher Under Probe After Calling Students Who Invited Her to Church 'Cretins'

Well we don't know what the teacher was doing. Her students may have just asked her and she answered honestly. However, if the students have the right to express their religious beliefs, so does the teacher.

She showed weakness to middle schoolers, the fault is her own, but of course the children are wrong, they're children.

Also, this isn't about equal rights. It's not about who has the right to express their views, one person is the adult and the teacher, the other are children and students. They're not on the same playing field. Just because a child expresses his views, doesn't mean the teacher should, that's silly. It used to be that teachers would not speak about politics or religion.

How many adults did you invite to church when you were a kid? Cmon now, you know that's a bunch of horseshit right there. If they invited her to their birthday party, then maybe I'd buy that it's because they like her. But they invited her to church. The kids are proselytizing, because that is what they were taught to do by their parents and their church.

That said, this is 100% the teachers fault. For her to get regular invitations to church, they kids would have to know she did not go to church, and they could only have found that out from her. She obviously discussed the topic in a general manner at some point. She should have stuck to the curriculum.

I have been an atheist for 36 years. Since I was 12. And in that 36 years, I have never attended a single atheist gathering or joined any kind of on line atheist group. I do not fight for the 'rights' of atheists because we already have all the rights. In my mind, a picture of Christ on the Cross in a courthouse should annoy an atheist no more than a painting of Zeus with a thunderbolt. If this teacher was making comments about this episode on the 'Atheists of Bay County' facebook page, she obviously feels strongly enough about her atheism to mention it to students. She should fucking know better than to whine about her students on a forum.

She is an adult, she knew better than to open the door. She should not be surprised if her students do not understand the correct way to respond. Because they are middle school kids. And because everyone else in those poor kids contact sphere has brainwashed them into seeing this woman as nothing more than a fresh soul for the saving.

This little episode aside, one thing I will say in a general manner is that due mainly to tradition and centuries of social engineering, religions terms and phrases have wormed their way into everyday lexicon. That is not a benefit that atheism enjoys yet.

Go into any store and buy something in the south, and there is a 70% chance would will hear 'have a blessed day'. I don't think atheists can safely go around yet telling people to have 'god devoid' days. But these little 'micro agressions' should be paid no mind.
I invited my high school basketball coach to our FCA gatherings at school.

I invited my high school basketball coach to our FCA gatherings at school.

Thanks for proving my point. You are a religions nutter. And even you can only think of 1. And you were in HS, not middle school.

Thanks for proving my point. You are a religions nutter. And even you can only think of 1. And you were in HS, not middle school.
Some middle schools have Bible clubs. And FCA groups are in some middle schools.

She showed weakness to middle schoolers, the fault is her own, but of course the children are wrong, they're children.

Also, this isn't about equal rights. It's not about who has the right to express their views, one person is the adult and the teacher, the other are children and students. They're not on the same playing field. Just because a child expresses his views, doesn't mean the teacher should, that's silly. It used to be that teachers would not speak about politics or religion.

At some point kids need to learn how to be adults. Part of that is dealing with people with different views, so if students are allowed to express their personal views, teachers should be as well. To a point.

Weakness to middle schoolers? She posted on social media, and this is school, not combat.

At some point kids need to learn how to be adults. Part of that is dealing with people with different views, so if students are allowed to express their personal views, teachers should be as well. To a point.

Weakness to middle schoolers? She posted on social media, and this is school, not combat.

I couldn't disagree with you more. Look, the kids are out of line, but they're kids. The idea that if kids do it, teachers should do it as well is nonsensical.

She showed weakness or the kids wouldn't be doing this. Perhaps there's a lesson to not advertise your insecurities to the world.

I couldn't disagree with you more. Look, the kids are out of line, but they're kids. The idea that if kids do it, teachers should do it as well is nonsensical.

She showed weakness or the kids wouldn't be doing this. Perhaps there's a lesson to not advertise your insecurities to the world.

It's nonsensical that teachers be allowed to express personal beliefs? I don't think teachers should act, of express those beliefs in the same way as students, which is what you seem to think I'm talking about.

Again, showing weakness, is a bull shit argument. She asked the kids not to leave her pamphlets anymore, and post on social media. That is not showing weakness. It's addressing the problem. Showing kids it's better to ignore things is not the right thing to do.

It's nonsensical that teachers be allowed to express personal beliefs? I don't think teachers should act, of express those beliefs in the same way as students, which is what you seem to think I'm talking about.

Again, showing weakness, is a bull shit argument. She asked the kids not to leave her pamphlets anymore, and post on social media. That is not showing weakness. It's addressing the problem. Showing kids it's better to ignore things is not the right thing to do.

Asking the kids politely not to leave pamphlets is addressing the problem. Posting all about it on social media is not. That's whining. That's bitching.

Asking the kids politely not to leave pamphlets is addressing the problem. Posting all about it on social media is not. That's whining. That's bitching.

Everyone bitches about something now and again. The point is she did not do it in front of the kids.

No, it's not necessarily wrong for teachers to express personal beliefs, but we understand the sensitive nature matter of politics and religion, and unless it's a politics class or religious studies, we all agree teachers should not proselytize.

What doesn't make sense is the argument that if kids do it, teachers should be allowed to do it. That's not how this works.

She showed weakness by revealing how bothered she is by it. It was a foolish mistake, and that's not a comment on the rightness or wrongness of the action in a vacuum.

No, it's not necessarily wrong for teachers to express personal beliefs, but we understand the sensitive nature matter of politics and religion, and unless it's a politics class or religious studies, we all agree teachers should not proselytize.

What doesn't make sense is the argument that if kids do it, teachers should be allowed to do it. That's not how this works.

She showed weakness by revealing how bothered she is by it. It was a foolish mistake, and that's not a comment on the rightness or wrongness of the action in a vacuum.

It is how it should absolutely work. Regardless of the class if a student wants to bring up religion or politics in a class they need to learn that others may have different beliefs, including the teacher. Now I agree that teachers should not proselytize, but they should not be expected to not express their own beliefs when they are brought up.

She is bothered by it, that is not weakness. She is also the authority in the class. So if she has asked the students to stop and they haven't they should face the consequences.

It is how it should absolutely work. Regardless of the class if a student wants to bring up religion or politics in a class they need to learn that others may have different beliefs, including the teacher. Now I agree that teachers should not proselytize, but they should not be expected to not express their own beliefs when they are brought up.

She is bothered by it, that is not weakness. She is also the authority in the class. So if she has asked the students to stop and they haven't they should face the consequences.

So if kids make fart noises, teachers should make fart noises? How many ridiculous examples should I give before you concede that teachers should not follow the example of students?

If you're sitting in math class and little Jimmy goes off about how he's a Buddhist Monk, the teacher should tell little Jimmy to settle down and continue the lesson, not go off about how she believes in x.

So if kids make fart noises, teachers should make fart noises? How many ridiculous examples should I give before you concede that teachers should not follow the example of students?

If you're sitting in math class and little Jimmy goes off about how he's a Buddhist Monk, the teacher should tell little Jimmy to settle down and continue the lesson, not go off about how she believes in x.

Well fart noises are not opinions, even if they share a lot of the same attributes.

I would agree with you on your second example because of how you framed it.

Can we ridicule men who think they're women, Muhammad, BLM, third wave feminists, because the current year? Or just those who believe in God?
ridicule who you want. makes sense if you have facts.

there are no facts that invisible people exist. we have made huge strides in science yet some people still desire the stone age.

ridicule who you want. makes sense if you have facts.

there are no facts that invisible people exist. we have made huge strides in science yet some people still desire the stone age.

You claimed that they should be ridiculed. I asked you if we should ridicule these other groups that "don't have facts".

Breaking News: Atheist is completely bitter, miserable and obnoxious. More at ten.

Better a Christian kid say God Bless You and leave flyers, than Islamic kids bringing fake bombs to school.

Resize-Clock-Boy-Costume_1444237538940_171022_ver1.0_640_360-640x480.jpeg

Hahahahaha

Source: christianpost

Fuck all your wizard in the sky believing loonies

Back