Askren calls Dana immature and disrespectful: "he's not going to push me around"

which is to put the best people in the world in the Octagon and let them fight it out to see who the best is

Dana White can no longer claim this.

WAR Arsken!

I agree with him calling Dana immature, as it's the truth at times. However, for him to go and say that half the ufc roster "sucks" and he can beat them blindfolded is similarly immature on his part.

Askren is boring as fuck but I do feel for the guy. He got shit on by both Bellator & UFC.

did you not read the direct quote from askren in the post? - bellator gave him exactly what he wanted: a release from his matching rights - he had nothing but good things to say about rebney - it was the level of immaturity and ego from white that was unexpected

To think Dana wouldn't sign a legitimate fighter because of gripes with that other bald guy is pretty damning. Surely there is another reason for all of this.

well, do we even know what he was asking for? what kinda contract .. lol at everyone hating on dana for this ... dana is right that he hasn't had that much big name experience on his resume, so maybe askren was askin for too much ... i can see him getting 15 to show, 15 to win being realistic and fight his way up from there

i seriously doubt he was asking too much - and 15 to show for a guy of his caliber is a slap in the face

this was obviously nothing but white's ego and him looking to spite bellator from the start - in his mind this will give young fighters pause before they sign with bellator - of course it won't and really all he did was add to his already bloated resume of childish tantrums and antics but there it is

Why is it a hard concept for you all to understand that Dana White has no obligation to sign Askren? Typical entitlement mentality.

To think Dana wouldn't sign a legitimate fighter because of gripes with that other bald guy is pretty damning. Surely there is another reason for all of this.

given white's history do you really think so - he's already proven that he thinks he's bigger than the sport - the best thing for mma would be for white to get an ego check

i agree that dana can be an immature emo, but he also has the uncanny ability to make the right decisions on guys like askren.

I could see funk getting KO'd by some random somoan in OneFC.

Lol Askren is boring , but he's a boss

He's a "boss" fighting in the minor leagues bad-mouthing the real multi millionaire boss that he expects to hire him.

The entitlement minded folks can cry some more.

In two years when Askren (hopefully) signs with the UFC, Dana can say "When he left Bellator he sucked. Now with the two years in ONE FC he made a lot of improvements and deserves to be signed"

I'm almost always on Dana's side but this whole thing is fucking stupid.

I think it would be cool to see Bellator grow a little more over the next couple years, and then have Ben come back to Bellator.

The UFC can take the 50 9-3/12-4 guys on their roster with no wins as good as Lima, Koreschev, Amassou, or even Hieron, and stick them up their arse. The UFC has a fantastic roster, and the sad truth is they did not need Ben Askren to make a lot of great WW fights over the next year, but this still sets a bad precedent. I may not watch a show or two because of this little clusterf**k. This hurts the sport.

It doesnt matter if Ben Askren is better than half the guys on the ufc roster or not .Bottom line he's a boring fighter with a less than stellar fan base. He's just not worth the money that hes asking .

Except for the fact that he even offered to fight Rory Macdonald and if he loses, he would retire AND NOT TAKE A PAYCHECK.

If the UFC truly believed he wasn't good enough, there's no way they wouldn't pass on that offer. That's why this isn't about money, or him not being good enough. You see how quickly they acted on the James Toney challenge.

And frankly, I don't even think it's about his fighting style either. Jake Shields wasn't exactly turning heads when the UFC signed him.

This.

It's Dana sending a message, you sign with Bellator you won't ever get into the UFC. It's the worst thing Dana can do to Bellator's ability to sign talent.

The UFC knows he's certainly talented enough to warrant his being in the company. Askren has two large hindrances though: His style of fighting and his lack of name recognition.

His added value may not have been worth the cost of signing him. Still, asserting that he's not talented enough is absurd if that was actually the reason given for his not being signed.

Back