Askren calls Dana immature and disrespectful: "he's not going to push me around"

is askren getting paid by one fc?? whats his contract?

I agree with almost everything he says. He did his typical trash talking (a lot of them just suck at the sport of mma) but other than the bravado he seemed spot on.

Still think he should have went to WSOF. His spite towards Dana just got him a one-way ticket to Asia.

Sounds like a rejected girlfriend. It's a hard sell when you can't even get resigned by the company in which you hold the title.

I understand why people think Askren is boring. However, I don't think he's boring at all. The fact that nobody can stop him from imposing his will is what makes his fights exciting to me. Askren can hold a fighter down and there's nothing they can do about it. That's reality. I also understand why people call him one dimensional. I don't think that's necessarily a bad thing. What's better? Being 'okay' at everything or 'excelling' at one particular thing? Furthermore, we don't know how truly one dimensional he is because nobody has been able to force him to display what other skills he may have. Personally, I really want to see how Askren would fair against UFC competition. I want to know if can continue to dominate the same way he has in the UFC.

I don't like Askren but pretty much sounds like he is saying what we all already thought.

I think what most of what Askren was saying is true why downplay his fights, I think it was a Bellator vs UFC quarrel. To bad Askren was in the middle. If I were UFC I would sign him and if he did beat the top guys the UFC has the top WW in the world no one would know much about Bellator anyway. 2 years goes by quick and if he comes out of their impressive he should try again. WW division will probably be depleted with retirees by then and he can try and make a push. I would have loved to see a GSP vs Askren match maybe outside the ring in a wrestling only match non UFC of course. :icon_lol:

Dana running Askren down on twitter and in public. It sounds a lot like the Fedor deal all over again.

Send him to the Philippines, they need more blankets

i laughed at that, and then i felt bad i laughed. but now i feel better.

Askrengate is a tricky scenario. I'll be honest, I'm a big fan. When I wrestled, i was tall and lanky, so I often ended up doing unconventional stuff to deal with the shorter stocky guys. Never even knew what da funk was back then, but hence my appreciation for when Ben did as a wrestler, and how he's used that tool in his transition to MMA.

Compare ben to honda housey. Ben and Ronda both come from Olympic-caliber amateur backgrounds. Rondas toolbox included a textbook armbar (albeit with insane transition skills). Ben's toolbox included grappling, at the absolute highest level.

Also, Ronda has boobs and can market herself. So with Ronda you have the perfect storm. Finishing fights, marketable, boobs, etc... People pay to watch her rip off the next chicks arm in the first round.

And... with Ben, you have the perfect shitstorm. YOu have a guy who seemingly values integrity of competition and winning above all else. <insert Dana talking about Nick Diaz "playing the game, this much"> I personally believe Askren is a threat to anyone in UFC, including GSP/Hendricks/Condit. Alas People pay to see when he's gonna get knocked out.

It's bullshit, but it's business. I hope Ben puts a hurtin' on em over in 1FC, would love to see him get a shot in the UFC.

If Ben could integrate a RNC/Arm Triangle, he would be a monster. I don't get why he isn't hitting subs. He can have just about any position he wants once it's grappling.

I don't believe this argument for a second. This has nothing to do with Bellator. Dana White will sign anyone if he knows he will make money with them. He hates Tito and he got him back. He hates Ken Shamrock and he brought him back. It's all about money and he probably has his doubts about Askren.

I like Ben. He's getting better and actually finishing fights now. I hope he does well and continues to stack chips.

Kinda sad that ego gets in the way of a guy being able to compete in the UFC, Ben's not the most entertaining guy but he also isn't that boring.. he's no shields

Askren is boring as fuck but I do feel for the guy. He got shit on by both Bellator & UFC.

I guess i'm one of the few who enjoy Ben being infinitely better than his opponents. I don't care if you don't like the guy, but he is an insanely talented grappler and he's only going to get better. Maybe he wouldn't have sold a billion PPVs, but neither does Shogun, Machida, hell, even JBJ hasn't done extremely well in PPVs. They have like 4 guys that have ever done amazing in that aspect. Either way, he's surely better than a majority of the 170 lb division and hope he gets a chance to show it off some in ONE FC

LOL! PERFECT! Now he's definitely won't ever be in the UFC. So much justice. Sweet justice baby.

I'm happy he's got a job. Fighting in Asia was a lot valued experience for many fighters. I know it's not what it used to be, but I'm sure he will be making six figures annually and he will likely hold their belt. If he can learn to submit or GNP guys more often, he can build a hype train to sign with the UFC down the road, possibly for an instant title shot or #1 contender match.

is there any good fighters for him to face in one? i don't know what their roster looks like

Back