Askren calls Dana immature and disrespectful: "he's not going to push me around"

...so, how much was he asking for? If the UFC don't want him, they don't want him. It's not like they're lacking big name fighters.

Never been a big fan of Askren but lol @ him not being good enough for UFC. 80 percent of the fighters in the UFC roster are all cans that Askren would beat without breaking a sweat.

this

Everything he said is true.

It's a shame arguably one of the best welterweights in the world won't get to compete in the best organization.

Never been a big fan of Askren but lol @ him not being good enough for UFC. 80 percent of the fighters in the UFC roster are all cans that Askren would beat without breaking a sweat.

80% cans?

If there are 84 WWs on the roster, 80% would be about 67. That leaves 17 fighters who aren't cans.

Do you really only think there are around 17 WWs in the world who arent cans?

I don't believe this argument for a second. This has nothing to do with Bellator. Dana White will sign anyone if he knows he will make money with them. He hates Tito and he got him back. He hates Ken Shamrock and he brought him back. It's all about money and he probably has his doubts about Askren.

But it's much different with Tito and Ken as he knew they were some what passed their primes but still big names so he could use them and then get rid of them. What if ben goes out there and dominates? would Dana really want the guy rebney chose not to resign to possibly dominate in the UFC. Fight style also seems to have very little to do with fighters making the UFC money, Randy and GSP aren't the most thrilling yet they are two of the biggest draws

I think he maybe crossed the line a bit when he said, "Some of those guys, they really suck. They're really bad at the sport of MMA". But otherwise I agree with him 100%.

i understand what you mean but he is right tho.

there are lots of fighters in the ufc that are considerd canon fodder and Askren would beat most of these guys.

He was hoping his shit talking about the UFC fighters would get him a job, looks like he got what he deserved instead of wanted...

Good for Askren, Dana is a child who has disrespected enough fighters, there are only a few fighters that will stick up to Dana, Ken Shamrock, Frank, Frye, Tank, Askren.

He's not wrong, but Askren just put the final nail in his coffin, he'll never be in the UFC now.

But also, it is true that Askren has not fought anybody of note. Hieron is still his biggest win to date for fucks sake.

I want to see Askren in the UFC as much as anybody, and if it really is just politics, that sucks. No matter the reason, we know Dana is full of shit when he says Askren needs to do more.

What Im curious about is what Askren was asking for. Its the part that seems to be left out here. Is there a chance he was wanting more than he is worth?

80% cans?

If there are 84 WWs on the roster, 80% would be about 67. That leaves 17 fighters who aren't cans.

Do you really only think there are around 17 WWs in the world who arent cans?

How is that a controversial statement? I don't think any division in the UFC has a top 20 where the bottom end is more than gatekeepers at best.

just awesome.

he will sign back with bellator ASAP when this contract is over as well. good sign for oneFC, hope it goes well

Situations like this is why it frustrates me to be an MMA fan sometimes. I guess the UFC's quarrel Bellator is more important than having the best fighters fight in the UFC. That and his non-fan friendly fighting style.

2 years and 6 wins later, this guy should be in the UFC. Plain and simple.

Agree with everything although with the caveat that this is Askren's side of the story only.

I don't understand why a fighter in his position would sign any multi-fight contract. Sign one fight deals and have promoters making better offers after each fight. It's not like there are a lot of free agents out there. Supply and demand.

Askren somewhat admitted that it was his a bit of Dana being childish and his own mouth diminishing his chances of signing with the UFC even going as far as saying maybe he shouldn't have bad mouth Dana a while ago.

Hey hey hey cool it with the ONE FC attacks! Southeast Asian fighters are starting to get noticed through these more localized shows so screw you if you think ONE FC is bad at all.

Not really a fan of the dude but that was a great interview. I love his attitude. Major respect for speaking his mind and not letting anybody push him around, regardless of consequences.

Dana is a childish baby-man. This was common knowledge already.

The UFC is run like Pro-Wrestling. This is also common knowledge.

Good on Askren for speaking his mind.

Perhaps but you cant argue with the results. They built the most successful mma org from nothing. Business is a dog eat dog situation, it is what it is. You gotta do what you gotta do to make money. Its not that different from what Askren does to win fights.

I actually understand Dana's argument about the merit's of Askren's competition. However, Askren is only ever going to get tested against quality competition in the UFC. I was really hoping the UFC would sign him. I don't think he's boring. The fact nobody can stop him from imposing his will is what is exciting to me. I also don't think being one-dimensional is a bad thing. We don't really know how one-dimensional he is anyway because nobody can force him to display other skills.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ruckus245
Back