Askren calls Dana immature and disrespectful: "he's not going to push me around"

Askren is boring as fuck but I do feel for the guy. He got shit on by both Bellator & UFC.

:icon_lol:

Askren has no one to blame but himself. If he wants to get paid big bucks, he needs to improve his styles, or no one will want to sign him.

On a serious not though, Askren could probably beat several of the WW's on the UFC roster. I get his point.

Askren is his own biggest fan though. I'm certain he was looking for a payday that he didn't rate and that's the only reason he's not a UFC fighter today.

Askren is either a fucking moron or a genius.

Moron:

Asked the UFC for too much
Joins One FC
Not much exposure to maintream MMA
Misses out on lucrative sponsorships
Loses matches
Becomes boring neverhasbeen wrestler
Must work his way back up

Genius:

Asks for too much
Joins ONE FC
Tears shit up
Dana and him come to agreement for big payout
Played the heel and got the reward.

Likely senario is A, though.

lmao have fun beating nobodies in asia with aoki. after this comment he wont ever be in the ufc.. all risk in one fc because if anybody beats him or makes him look bad its over for him

the guy wants to make more than nothing and his style isnt exactly just bleed friendly.

Any man who uses the word "shenanigans" as much as I do is OK in my book.

Agreed. I couldn't beleive what happened during the Mark Hunt and Bigfoot fight.....when Travis Browne came running out of the dressing room and cracked Hunt over the head with a steel chair and then gave Bigfoot a DDT while the unconcious referee was shaking out the cobwebs.

:rolleyes:

I could definitely see Bigfoot in wrestling if he retires from MMA. Mark Hunt as well.

Maybe if you put on exciting fights Ben, then Dana would throw money at you but your just a Fitch & okami clone.

Isnt it strange that the UFC jumped on the bandwagon to stop wrestling from being dropped from the summer olympics. Then a few months later refuse to sign a fighter that came from it who is also highly ranked in his division.

This along with recent releases and matchmaking has brought MMA to Entertainment over sport.

War Funky!!!!

tl/dr.

jk.. maybe..

anyways people need to realize MMA is going to rank entertainment value very high just like the other major sports does.. NFL.. NHL.. etc.

well, do we even know what he was asking for? what kinda contract .. lol at everyone hating on dana for this ... dana is right that he hasn't had that much big name experience on his resume, so maybe askren was askin for too much ... i can see him getting 15 to show, 15 to win being realistic and fight his way up from there

Except for the fact that he even offered to fight Rory Macdonald and if he loses, he would retire AND NOT TAKE A PAYCHECK.

If the UFC truly believed he wasn't good enough, there's no way they wouldn't pass on that offer. That's why this isn't about money, or him not being good enough. You see how quickly they acted on the James Toney challenge.

And frankly, I don't even think it's about his fighting style either. Jake Shields wasn't exactly turning heads when the UFC signed him.

Isnt it strange that the UFC jumped on the bandwagon to stop wrestling from being dropped from the summer olympics. Then a few months later refuse to sign a fighter that came from it who is also highly ranked in his division.

This along with recent releases and matchmaking has brought MMA to Entertainment over sport.

The UFC (and most likely the fans) want to watch wrestlers who are exciting and go for the finish (Jones, Cain, Barnett, Weidman, Hendricks, Khabib, etc.), not wrestlers who laid on their opponents every single to win on points.

Back