As the biggest Silva nuthugger/GSP detractor...

Armstrong never failed a drug test either. Hence, the Lance Armstrong of MMA.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/01/15/health/armstrong-ped-explainer/index.html

"In October, the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency released more than 1,000 pages of evidence in doping allegations against Armstrong and his teammates. He was stripped of his seven Tour de France titles in the scandal. On Thursday, the International Olympic Committee demanded that he give back the bronze medal he won in 2000."

He also admitted to doping.

Did any of this happen to GSP?

Not considering Fitch shields and Diaz huge wins tells me you weren’t around in those days
Fitch was on like a 16 fight win streak before fighting George, even after George he went on another 5 or 6 fight win streak.

Shields was considered the best ww prior to fighting George just so you know shields beat Maia hendo lawler dayly and on a 15 fight win streak prior to gsp

Diaz 11 fight win streak and 12 if you consider the fact that most people thought he beat condit prior to fighting George.
Diaz and Condit were good wins, but Condit was not a real champ, ya liar. Fitch was only on such a long streak because of how weak the division was, at the time. Shields was a decent win, but anybody who can avoid his takedown is safe, as he has literally no striking. Again, decent, but not amazing. Shields got dropped over and over and had to lay and pray to beat Hendo, by the way. One of the worst fights, ever.

It seems like you are obsessed with building up GSP's competition as unbelievable, when the reality is that nobody he beat is even relevant, anymore. Most of them got exposed as being largely one dimensional and are now outdated.

Not that many of the guys Anderson beat are fairing better, but my entire point is that they are comparable, probably the most comparable champs in UFC history as far as legacy. That is why you are foolish. You made shit up and completely ignored over half the facts to make some bullshit hater ass argument.

Shame on you!

Gsp on the other hand never went up in weight n only did it when mw had a 38 year old journeyman as champ with one eye

Bisping is not just a journeyman. He has some of the best cardio. He has the most wins in UFC history, was champion, and defeated both Henderson and Anderson Silva.

MMA math says that means GSP can beat Henderson and Silva.

Last edited:
GSP may have the more impressive wins on paper, but he will never touch the greatness of Anderson's technique and showmanship in action. There is more than one way to be the greatest.

I agree... but I think the greatness of GSP’s technique is on par with Anderson, just different techniques/skills.

Heshpec Redhawks

Tough to swallow, but yes GSP > Andy

Its been a tough few years for you. Andy and Jones both pop, GSP returns to take the MW title

At least Fedor was KO'd, you can still throw shit on us Fedor fans. And FWIW I think GSP has surpassed Fedor too.

....waits for Claude to appear

...GSP is ahead of Anderson as GOAT.

Fuck you guys. Fuck the world.

Cant disagree I am a big A.Sival fanboy too sucks that Anderson broke his leg and tested positive for some shits.

But yeah GSP is now ahead considering he is a two division champ now. It would be delusional not to consider it.

Hope we get to see A.Siilva vs GSP but I think Gsp got it he has the style to beat Andy specialy now that Andy has slowed down.

spoken like a gentleman. we need more objective posters here.
Who needs objectivity when we know GsP,Jones and Anderson is nothing compared to FEDOR!!!!!

FEDORRRRRRRRR!!!!!!

he already was....

his next fight may give him the true number 1 spot for me......and it will also be hard for me to let go.....

Silva fan here, he's my all time favorite, but credit where credit is due: Props to GSP for his victory tonight, he's THE MAN!

Although, the fact the he did it to Bisping made it a bit sweet for me. It had been a long time since I've rooted for him in one of his fight, and tonight was that night; fixing that error that was Bisping as MW champ.

I am a big Silva fan and somewhat a GsP fan too but I am kinda bitter now that GsP over took his place.

Ooh, this is fun. You are an infant, if not in age, then in logical capacity. I assumed that you are represented in your avatar, which looks like a teenage boy, so take my assumption as a compliment, please.

Now follow along... we are comparing their title reigns and the fights that happened during the reign. Obviously, Anderson was no the same after he got old and broke his leg.

Anyway, let's break this foolish shit down:
Hendricks ufc champ - Only after kicking Georges' ass, getting robbed, and then getting the belt after GSP's retirement. Still a good win.

Serra ufc champ - Uh, only because he fucking brained Georges. Nice try. Do you even watch fights, or just google shit? This is a crap win. The biggest embarrassment of GSP's career is tapping to this gatekeeper.

Hughes ufc champ - Excellent win.

sherk ufc champ - Mediocre fighter and a natural LW, middling win

Bisb(p*)ing ufc champ - This did not take place during his title reign, but I'll give it to you, I guess

Condit ufc champ - No he wasn't. He was an interim (glorified contender) champ, and he got wrecked by a guy Anderson embarrassed, decent win

Bj ufc champ - Great win, although BJ is a LW, so eh

Shields strikeforce champ - Small org champ with no striking that had no place in the cage with GSP, meh win

Fitch wsof champ - Jesus, you count WSOF as legit champs? Fitch was a tough guy, and a decent win, but let's not oversell it

Diaz strikeforce champ - Again, small org belts mean nothing. The only weightclass in SF that mattered was HW, as it actually had top fighters. Again, you can tell I am a real fan, not a pissant fanboy

Kos ncaa multiple time champ. oh please. KOS was one dimensional and completely defenseless against Georges. Do I need to rattle off all of the grappling accolades from the guys Anderson fought? Maia? Lietes? Sonnen? Henderson?

Anderson beat PRIDE champ and Olympic wrestler Dan Henderson
Anderson beat Rich Franklin, UFC Champ, Twice
Anderson beat Forrest Griffin, UFC LHW Champ, you know, the weight class above him?
Anderson beat WEC champ (See? I can do it, too.) and D1 all-American Chael, Twice
Anderson beat two more LHWs in Irvin and Bonnar. Not amazing fighters, but they were much bigger, and he destroyed them. See? At least Silva didn't pick on smaller men like GSP
Anderson beat 2 BJJ champions in Lietes and Maia
Other notable wins in Marquardt and UFC champ Vitor

I don't know, man. Looks pretty fucking close, to me. Dare I say, Anderson even comes out ahead? I think so.

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed going to school. Hit me up any time you need to get a sensible perspective from a legit fan.

I like you really good post right here you burned that tool.

But your username kinda hard to remember

Your name suck!!!

I thought you were a goner after Hendricks lost the belt, but this...

Well, let's just say that everything has levels.
Take it one day at a time, bruh.

13 belts.

giphy.gif

Diaz and Condit were good wins, but Condit was not a real champ, ya liar. Fitch was only on such a long streak because of how weak the division was, at the time. Shields was a decent win, but anybody who can avoid his takedown is safe, as he has literally no striking. Again, decent, but not amazing. Shields got dropped over and over and had to lay and pray to beat Hendo, by the way. One of the worst fights, ever.

It seems like you are obsessed with building up GSP's competition as unbelievable, when the reality is that nobody he beat is even relevant, anymore. Most of them got exposed as being largely one dimensional and are now outdated.

Not that many of the guys Anderson beat are fairing better, but my entire point is that they are comparable, probably the most comparable champs in UFC history as far as legacy. That is why you are foolish. You made shit up and completely ignored over half the facts to make some bullshit hater ass argument.

Shame on you!

Jake is the most under rated win on GSP's record, or on any record of any of the guys generally in the GOAT discussion.

Shields was as legit as it gets at the time he fought GSP.

It's all well and good to say "if you can avoid the ground with Jake you're safe" but the dude beat Condit and Okami on the same night, had a win streak before GSP that included Daley, Lawler, Miller, Hando in succession, and then beat Maia and Woodley back to back a couple of years after the GSP fight.

Not only is Jake a better win than anyone on Anderson's resume, but at the time he'd have been a nightmare match-up for Anderson head to head.

And Jake is only the second best win on GSP's record.

I think the interesting thing is that Silva lost to Bisping but was clearly the better fighter just that he was gun shy and GSP beat Bisping but looked like he was going to lose quite badly after gassing in 1 round.

Back