As the biggest Silva nuthugger/GSP detractor... | Page 7

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by Redhawks100, Nov 4, 2017.

1. Natman2939 Gold Belt

Natman2939
    In a small town, in a big country, on a floating o
    I'm actually kind of curious. Since I didn't get a chance to see any of your post pre-fight, what was your prediction going in?
    Did you think Bisping was going to smoke him? Or did you think it would be close?

I personally had it 50/50 (as bold as that it so say haha) but just because of the 4 year lay off. I really do think Bisping deserves way WAY more respect than he gets from most MMA fans (not just appreciation, but respect....by which I mean if Bisping/Rockhold 3 were announced tomorrow, the odds should be almost even, same with weidman. If people think Bisping should be a 4 to 1 underdog to either of those guys they don't respect him regardless of how much they say they do)

I don't buy into this crap about Michael being a huge overachiever. I think he's a legit great fighter that gets a little careless with his head movement and let's himself get caught (but is saved by having a really good chin more so than not)

I get that a "better" fighter would've beaten Hendo easier like moose and vitor did, but styles make fights and Hendo's i'm going to hang back and throw one big punch is a nightmare style match up for a guy who throws low power/high volume shots and tries to out cardio everyone.

but based on his incredible ability to get back up (or just not be taken down in the first place) I truly believe Bisping vs Weidman would be a great match and Bisping vs Rockhold 2 was not a fluke at all, i'd love to see a trilogy it's anybody's game. THAT is how underrated Michael Bisping is in my opinion.

VanMMA and Rebound59 like this.
  2. Natman2939 Gold Belt

Natman2939
    In a small town, in a big country, on a floating o
    Wrong.

Nothing that happens to GSP from this point on (losing to whittaker, losing to woodely, losing to f'n cm punk for all I care) will change the fact that he's the GOAT.

it's not a conor "zomg this guy is the coolest!" thing where people are just getting too excited. It's a legit numbers thing.
    The UFC has only been around for what? 25 years? little less? Someone has to be the best of all time even in that short of amount of time.

Right now, it's GSP. 13 title fight wins. 2 weight classes. The GOAT. There's already two people who could potentially pass him (Johnson and Jones) but the only thing that needs to "calm down" or "pass over" is if someone who doesn't even have half or a third of the title fights GSP has wins a big fight or two and suddenly everyone wants to call him or her the GOAT

(I love Conor by the way, but holy shit....he knocks out mendes, and Aldo. Awesome good for him. he's the best FW at the time. Then he knocks out Eddie. Good for him he's the lightweight champion and one of only 3 men at the time to win belts in two different divisions......but THAT my friend is a perfect example of "people will calm down with this shit" when he loses long before touching GSP's record. I think he can beat Tony. I think he can beat pretty much any LW right now or at least has a good chance to so I'm not saying he's just hype, but what I am saying is you don't become the GOAT by winning 2 or 3 or even 4 fights....records mean something. Now MAYBE you can argue that modern competition should be taken into account and say that beating 9 great guys in this era is more impressive than beating 13 great guys in another era......but the numbers have to be reasonably close. You can have a little wiggle room but not that much.....not even really as much as the example I gave. Like if 13 is the record, you've at least gotta get 10. At least 10. Probably 11, and even then you gotta prove you're competition was way better.
    Otherwise the idea of greatest of all time just doesn't mean anything.
    Woodely is already trying to say he's the best welterweight of all time? The fuck?? 3 defenses.....2 of them so razor close he could've lost...one literally a draw and the other a split decision......and then 1 good defense......but let's just say for fun that all 3 had been first round knockouts.......that's still only 3 defenses....with the real WW GOAT having set the record at 9.......you don't get to jump ahead of him, a man with triple your defenses, because you just "Feel" you're better. That's bullshit and defeats the entire purpose)

Peace
    (like your pic btw, just watched Super a couple of hours ago)

Rebound59, Tonycpa and QcChopper like this.
  3. UJustGotChaeld Steel Belt

UJustGotChaeld
    No you wouldn't. No matter what GSP does it will always be "if only he did this" for you.

Tonycpa likes this.
  4. IamStryker Red Belt

IamStryker
    The Rory fight was a snoozer and bringing up long past fights is silly. Would it be appropriate for me to talk about GSP getting knocked out by Serra? Doesn't matter.

Woodley is simply a higher level fighter than Bisping. Bisping was never a respected champion. He didn't have one single defense against a legitimate contender. Arguably lost against old man Hendo.

5. IamStryker Red Belt

IamStryker
    I know you think I am just hating or something but I am 100% telling the truth and I can explain in detail my logic. GSP came back after a long lay off. Him getting a win over any middle weight is impressive by itself. However he chose Bisping because he knew that was the easiest title fight for him. I really would have been more impressed if he reclaimed his WW title against an established and tested champion in Woodley. I'm sure plenty of people disagree with that but that's my opinion and I have had that opinion the entire time.

6. IamStryker Red Belt

IamStryker
    I don't take GOAT discussions seriously. It's all subjective and it changes constantly.

I just watched the latest episode myself. It's still a really fun show. You can't think about it too hard because the power increases and whatnot make little sense. But honestly the show was never supposed to make sense haha.

7. Perrichet Tinpot Belt

Perrichet
    What does the Rory fight being a snoozer have to do with the fact Woodley got soundly beaten? I don’t understand why people think he’d be a more challenging fight for GSP than Bisping. Bisping is a better striker and is bigger. Yeah because comparing a loss from a 3 years ago to over 10 years ago is comparable.

Woodley is simply a higher level fighter based on what? Bisping has faced more better fighters than Woodley ever has

8. benebox Purple Belt

benebox
    Anderson and Jones are out of the race. GSP, Aldo and Fedor are the only viable contenders, and maybe Cruz if he csn beat Cody in a rematch.

9. IamStryker Red Belt

IamStryker
    You also brought up a fight from more than 5 years ago. Yeah Woodley lost to Rory but he didn't get knocked out he just didn't do much. It doesn't change who the best WW is in the UFC right now.

Bisping is washed up. Even the fights he wins against the legends he gets beaten up beyond recognition. Woodley is a dominant and established champion. Bisping was a duck and was never respected as the real MW champion. GSP took the easier route.

10. Perrichet Tinpot Belt

Perrichet
    5 years ago is still more recent than 10. Anyway since GSP lost to Serra Woodley has lost 3 times, one to a guy GSP beat.

Woodley’s only chance would be to catch GSP with an overhand otherwise GSP picks him apart easily

11. IamStryker Red Belt

IamStryker
    Woodley was absolutely fine against a far better striker in Wonderboy. In two fights a lot more recent than the Shields and Rory fights. I'm not hating on GSP, I still think he is great but I want to see him against the best. Not Bisping.

GSP's face gets busted up against far weaker guys than Woodley. If Woodley pulls the trigger and connects I don't think GSP would last very long.

12. Perrichet Tinpot Belt

Perrichet
    If by fine you mean arguably lose their first fight then yeah.

The difference is Woodley will worry about getting took down as well which will likely make him even more timid than usual. GSP has too many weapons. If pre USADA Hendricks couldn’t KO GSP I doubt Woodley will.

Rebound59 likes this.
  13. UJustGotChaeld Steel Belt

UJustGotChaeld
    Woodley did lose 3 rounds first fight and I had him losing the 2nd WB fight too. He's certainly not dominant or established.

14. KORMAN The Dominator & Killashaw

KORMAN
    I've never understood the fans that actually considered Silva the GOAT of MMA. You can't be the GOAT of a sport that encompasses all facets of hand to hand combat, and have a glaring weakness in one of the most important areas of said sport.

No way, no how. When I think of the GOAT, I'm including H2H fighting style with resume, and legacy.

15. IamStryker Red Belt

IamStryker
    By fine I mean Wonderboy's striking did nothing and Woodley wasn't hurt at all.

16. IamStryker Red Belt

IamStryker
    He took on the top contenders and won the fights. That is light years beyond Bisping.

17. Krev Blue Belt

Krev
    I wont lie, im impressed

props to you

<mma4>

18. Tonycpa Gold Belt

Tonycpa
    Who's the new guy?

19. Perrichet Tinpot Belt

Perrichet
    That fraud @Toner

20. Tonycpa Gold Belt

Tonycpa
    Never heard of him. I consider myself lucky.

Molo, Rebound59 and Perrichet like this.