As the biggest Silva nuthugger/GSP detractor...

title_wins.jpg

Ooh, this is fun. You are an infant, if not in age, then in logical capacity. I assumed that you are represented in your avatar, which looks like a teenage boy, so take my assumption as a compliment, please.

Now follow along... we are comparing their title reigns and the fights that happened during the reign. Obviously, Anderson was no the same after he got old and broke his leg.

Anyway, let's break this foolish shit down:
Hendricks ufc champ - Only after kicking Georges' ass, getting robbed, and then getting the belt after GSP's retirement. Still a good win.

Serra ufc champ - Uh, only because he fucking brained Georges. Nice try. Do you even watch fights, or just google shit? This is a crap win. The biggest embarrassment of GSP's career is tapping to this gatekeeper.

Hughes ufc champ - Excellent win.

sherk ufc champ - Mediocre fighter and a natural LW, middling win

Bisb(p*)ing ufc champ - This did not take place during his title reign, but I'll give it to you, I guess

Condit ufc champ - No he wasn't. He was an interim (glorified contender) champ, and he got wrecked by a guy Anderson embarrassed, decent win

Bj ufc champ - Great win, although BJ is a LW, so eh

Shields strikeforce champ - Small org champ with no striking that had no place in the cage with GSP, meh win

Fitch wsof champ - Jesus, you count WSOF as legit champs? Fitch was a tough guy, and a decent win, but let's not oversell it

Diaz strikeforce champ - Again, small org belts mean nothing. The only weightclass in SF that mattered was HW, as it actually had top fighters. Again, you can tell I am a real fan, not a pissant fanboy

Kos ncaa multiple time champ. oh please. KOS was one dimensional and completely defenseless against Georges. Do I need to rattle off all of the grappling accolades from the guys Anderson fought? Maia? Lietes? Sonnen? Henderson?

Anderson beat PRIDE champ and Olympic wrestler Dan Henderson
Anderson beat Rich Franklin, UFC Champ, Twice
Anderson beat Forrest Griffin, UFC LHW Champ, you know, the weight class above him?
Anderson beat WEC champ (See? I can do it, too.) and D1 all-American Chael, Twice
Anderson beat two more LHWs in Irvin and Bonnar. Not amazing fighters, but they were much bigger, and he destroyed them. See? At least Silva didn't pick on smaller men like GSP
Anderson beat 2 BJJ champions in Lietes and Maia
Other notable wins in Marquardt and UFC champ Vitor

I don't know, man. Looks pretty fucking close, to me. Dare I say, Anderson even comes out ahead? I think so.

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed going to school. Hit me up any time you need to get a sensible perspective from a legit fan.
You should hold off on commenting on anyone's facility with logic. You discount Shields as Strikeforce champ, coming off a win against Dan Henderson, but when you talk about Henderson vs Silva it's Pride Champ and Olympic wrestler Henderson. Go away. You fail.

You didn't need to make this thread OP is not that serious Lol. I'm still a fan of Bones and Silva would watch either guy compete in organizations outside of the UFC. GOAT is just an illusion like GSP said himself.

You didn't need to make this thread OP is not that serious Lol. I'm still a fan of Bones and Silva would watch either guy compete in organizations outside of the UFC. GOAT is just an illusion like GSP said himself.

Hhahaha cool AV!

wow when even redhawks calls GSP the GOAT/agrees hes ahead of andy you know it's fucking solidified

respect @Redhawks100 . we've talked lots of shit over the years but seeing you honest about this is a breath of fresh air.

You may be taking it too seriously my friend it’s all in jest

Thanks for remembering me brother. It's been a long time since I logged on sherdog, but I'm glad to see you're still preaching the good word.
I've still be preaching it myself on twitter and other places.
It really got disgusting there for a while when people like Dana and Joe Rogan would say that the GOAT is either Anderson or Bones (with Johnson getting close) and they wouldn't even mention GSP's name, and once Rogan even said "arguably the best welterweight" which nearly sent me into a blind rage.

I've said it for years. I said it long before GSP's comeback, and I know you have too, but I'll say it one more time for the new kids: Georges St.Pierre is THE GOAT, the one and only undisputed greatest mixed martial artist of all time.

He's what? 12-2 in UFC Welterweight title fights. (+the interim over Hughes) He went years without losing a round. His competition was better than Anderson's by far (some say that's a subjective statement but honestly if you look at the stats, if you look at Anderson's opponents records combined vs GSP's opponents combined, it's so one sided it becomes as close to being objectively true as anything subjective can possibly be)

So to be clear without ever coming back, he's already the GOAT and this should've been obvious earlier....but then....after a 4 year lay off he comes back and moves up a weight class and becomes the Middleweight Champion.

Even if you're one of the idiots that doesn't give Bisping the credit he deserves, it's still absurd to not give GSP the credit HE deserves. He is officially and undisputably THE GOAT, not "one of the" GOATS or "in the mix" or "near the top" but THE 1 true GOAT.

Because just to make this crystal clear, besides finishing more (which is easily negated by other factors) the only real argument Anderson ever had over GSP was the fact that he won fights at a higher weight class, particularly against Forrest Griffin who just ONE single fight earlier had been the UFC LHW Champion.

Well GSP just nuked that argument by not only moving up as well but not just fighting a former champion....he fought THE champion and he won.

GSP is the greatest. Plain and simple. The only other tiny thing you could try to mention to me (if I were arguing for the other side) is "well Anderson had more defenses" one more....10 vs 9. Give me a break. 1 extra defense doesn't make Anderson better. GSP never met a weidman either. He left with the belt. So if he stuck around he probably would've gotten that 10 (and he just proved it by coming back FOUR YEARS LATER AND WINNING A BELT AT A HARDER WEIGHT CLASS)

He would've been favored over Robbie, and would probably be favored over Woodely today. He's the GOAT plain and simple.

the only person even worth mentioning in the same sentence is kinda sorta mighty mouse but he's suffering from a bad case of new division syndrome, and there's legit questions about how tough his competition is in comparison.

but Anderson is done. Not just because of the recent news but because his career is basically finished anyway. So with his current body of work vs GSP's current body of work, GSP is the GOAT

the only other contender, Jon Jones, falls short of both of them. He certainly has the POTENTIAL to pass them....if he can keep himself from being banned from the sport (damn sad situation) but otherwise sorry bud. His current amount of title fights puts him at a comfortable 3rd or 4th (depending on how you view MM) but GSP=1 and Anderson=2

Fedor was always a wild card having fought in a different org under different rules and especially with the tournaments and such but even with that said I think it's fair to say he falls short of GSP (and Anderson) fair and square.

So that's that. I'll see yall in another year or two

Last edited:
RedHawks isn’t even the biggest GSP hater anymore. I’m so proud of you my nig

Once GSP gets destroyed by Whittaker people will calm down with this shit.

I would have been more impressed if he beat Woodley.

Once GSP gets destroyed by Whittaker people will calm down with this shit.

I would have been more impressed if he beat Woodley.

You would have been more impressed beating a guy who got KO’d by Marquardt, lost to Shields and tooled by his apprentice Rory?

I’m just bitter really. It happens.
I'm actually kind of curious. Since I didn't get a chance to see any of your post pre-fight, what was your prediction going in?
Did you think Bisping was going to smoke him? Or did you think it would be close?

I personally had it 50/50 (as bold as that it so say haha) but just because of the 4 year lay off. I really do think Bisping deserves way WAY more respect than he gets from most MMA fans (not just appreciation, but respect....by which I mean if Bisping/Rockhold 3 were announced tomorrow, the odds should be almost even, same with weidman. If people think Bisping should be a 4 to 1 underdog to either of those guys they don't respect him regardless of how much they say they do)

I don't buy into this crap about Michael being a huge overachiever. I think he's a legit great fighter that gets a little careless with his head movement and let's himself get caught (but is saved by having a really good chin more so than not)

I get that a "better" fighter would've beaten Hendo easier like moose and vitor did, but styles make fights and Hendo's i'm going to hang back and throw one big punch is a nightmare style match up for a guy who throws low power/high volume shots and tries to out cardio everyone.

but based on his incredible ability to get back up (or just not be taken down in the first place) I truly believe Bisping vs Weidman would be a great match and Bisping vs Rockhold 2 was not a fluke at all, i'd love to see a trilogy it's anybody's game. THAT is how underrated Michael Bisping is in my opinion.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back