Ariel made a huge mistake leaving mma fighting for espn.

So can Europeans watch his ESPN show? Will they be fully uploaded to YouTube?

Sherdog & the "dying" narrative is funny when numbers show otherwise

According to Nielsen’s National Television Household Universe Estimates, there are 119.6 million TV homes in the U.S. for the 2017-18 TV season.

The number of persons age 2 and older in U.S. TV Households is estimated to be 304.5 million, which represents a 0.9% increase from last year. Increases in U.S. Hispanic, black and Asian households were also seen, due to estimated increases in population growth and TV penetration.

Nielsen uses U.S. Census Bureau, combined with information from the national TV panel, to arrive at Advance TV Universe Estimates in early May. It then distributes final Universe Estimates before the start of each TV season.

I have a TV, I use it to run my Xbox as a media centre.

I don't watch tv with adverts, I do watch YouTube.

The Nielsen stats don't seem to take that into consideration.

TV is dying, it's not dead yet but it's definitely dying in it's current form. That doesn't mean to say that the channels themselves are dying but the watch when we tell you format is out the window.

lol

ESPN is less coverage than youtube?

I agree with your point bro,

But YouTube has way more viewership than ESPN or any other form of media in exsistance.

Rogans podcast if you counted viewership in the same manner they do on TV would be probally the biggest show in the world.

I agree with your point bro,

But YouTube has way more viewership than ESPN or any other form of media in exsistance.

Rogans podcast if you counted viewership in the same manner they do on TV would be probally the biggest show in the world.

YT's numbers are screwed
If you hit play it is counted as a view
That means you could watch one second
If it is on auto-play that is counted as a view as well

YT's numbers are screwed
If you hit play it is counted as a view
That means you could watch one second
If it is on auto-play that is counted as a view as well
True but they can count individual podcast downloads and unqiue viewership, you can see that in the YouTube content creator section to get a much more accurate viewship which uses IP address, you can also see how long someone watching the video for and the averages - apparently its still absolutely bonkers the 'ratings' it gets.

Of course, his audience is much wider, Ariel and Luke Thomas do very well off YouTube, even in our little MMA bubble - better I will argue than off ESPN+ which I cannot get at the moment due to my geographical clusterfuck of a situation.

True but they can count individual podcast downloads and unqiue viewership, you can see that in the YouTube content creator section to get a much more accurate viewship which uses IP address, you can also see how long someone watching the video for and the averages - apparently its still absolutely bonkers the 'ratings' it gets.

Of course, his audience is much wider, Ariel and Luke Thomas do very well off YouTube - better I will argue than off ESPN+ which I cannot get at the moment due to my geographical clusterfuck of a situation.

ESPN+ is only for the Chael show.
TS is e-raged for no reason

ESPN+ is only for the Chael show.
TS is e-raged for no reason
Yeah everyone seems to think all his content is on ESPN+ only now,

But I'am waiting to see what his distribution changes to for the AH MMA Show, I know its been mentioned you can rewatch audio etc.

But the 'free' platform which will distribute is Twitter and no mention of YouTube as far as i've read. I don't know about you Frankie, but I dont use Twitter for video content consumption. I am not even sure you can rewatch broadcasted content (visually) on Twitter.

I do think Ariel underestimates the power and freedom of YouTube even in its crappy state at the moment for content makers...we'll wait and see how it looks I guess.

EDIT: I don't count YT clips as rewatch, I like to rewatch the whole thing etc.

Ariel is the face of mma journalism. One day when dana is gone, Ariel will be in the ufc or mma hall of fame. If that mask guy can get in then so can ariel.

Dana was a cock for burning ariel with the may mac production.

Yeah everyone seems to think all his content is on ESPN+ only now,

But I'am waiting to see what his distribution changes to for the AH MMA Show, I know its been mentioned you can rewatch audio etc.

But the 'free' platform which will distribute is Twitter and no mention of YouTube as far as i've read. I don't know about you Frankie, but I dont use Twitter for video content consumption. I am not even sure you can rewatch broadcasted content (visually) on Twitter.

I do think Ariel underestimates the power and freedom of YouTube even in its crappy state at the moment for content makers...we'll wait and see how it looks I guess.

EDIT: I don't count YT clips as rewatch, I like to rewatch the whole thing etc.

It will be live on Twitter, but put up at the usual places after it airs from everything I was told (including YT)

I think Ariel has been angling for a long time to break into the world of NBA journalism, it won't surprise me if he starts popping up on some ESPN basketball coverage once he's properly established himself.

Like him or loathe him, Ariel is very good at what he does.

Every big sports analyst make the jump to espn eventually look at the coach from wwe Ariel big time now hopefully Chael doesn't turn into an sjw from being around them too much at espn tho

Because the MMA hour was the most well known and established show in mma and it wasnt behind a paywall
AND ESPN+ is a paid subscription service. So there is a paywall. I agree, he wont get the same viewership at least any time in the near future or until ESPN+ builds up its subscribers.

Hes not even on normal espn hes on espn+
And yeah its 2018 cable tv channels are not the pinnacle

Millennial BS.

MMAhour has 650k subscribers who pay nothing.

ESPN+ is being run by Disney and will have huge amounts of promotion, especially if they buy Fox.

They have already bought the fucking rights to 42 UFC fights a year.

ESPN+ also brings in money from subscribers. I wouldn’t be surprised if Ariel didn’t triple or quadruple his money. Sonnen definitely isn’t cheap.

Now go and watch some YouTube, millennial.

In the current landscape of media it makes no sense to me why he would leave an established show he created that many more people had acess to for a show on espn+.

Theres no way he will get even close to the viewership he had on the MMA Hour and i feel like chael is completley played out at this point and usually just talks complete nonsense.

Can anyone explain to me what he hopes to gain from this move?
He's probably getting paid more dude

I don’t have cable and I’m not going to pay to watch that show so..bye Ariel! Good luck<Fedor23>

I am really surprised how many people follow guys like Thomas or Helwani with all the complaining here

I dont follow them as I think they are at first shit journalists with Thomas being Agenda driven and Ariel TMZ driven.

Sherdog is my only source. The Epitome of class and quality :D

Ariel Hielwani's main skill is being a shit disturber. I can see ESPN using him for sports other than MMA.

just like fighters, MMA journalists are about the $$$$

and you are nuts if you think ESPN isn't bigger than mmafighting in any form.

Back