Ariel made a huge mistake leaving mma fighting for espn.

Remember that time all the UFC people were at the beach and he walks out there with a microphone and they laughed at him.

In the current landscape of media it makes no sense to me why he would leave an established show he created that many more people had acess to for a show on espn+.

Theres no way he will get even close to the viewership he had on the MMA Hour and i feel like chael is completley played out at this point and usually just talks complete nonsense.

Can anyone explain to me what he hopes to gain from this move?
I am sure he needs advice from you. Look at all the relevant experience you have. You should for SURE feel qualified to pass career advice on to him.

lol

ESPN is less coverage than youtube?

tenor.gif
LOL Best gif of all time.

The show with Chael won't do well. People don't want to pay yet another subscription.

Youtube? Yeah, of course?

If ESPN is going to be airing the episodes for free on their youtube account, then everything I said before can be disregarded.
This!

Not the Chael show (for now), but his new interview show will be
It might start of on the ESPN website but will eventually go to YT like other shows

You guys think there is just the US in the world. Yeah... maybe the things you mention are true for US people, but not really for the rest of the world.

His monday show seems like it will be live on twitter only, which is terrible. And as you say, it may go to youtube later... But later when? This is a news show... it needs to be consumed fast.

Please go to ariels tweets and read the threads. ITs a MASSIVE complain wall of text from non-us audience. Which from what ive seen, a gigantic part of the viewership.

If this is not made available very smoothly like it was before, many people will just stop watching. Too complicated.
By the way, i dont watch tv ever, and pretty much noboy else i know below 35 years old.

This move goes against the direction of how people consume this type of content.

Might have been a good financial move for him. But so far, not looking good.

Taking this reply from this very thread:
He has a full time job.

My only thing with this is it not being on YT..theyre only showing clips apparantly. I tend to watch the show in bits over the course of a few days on yt...ive never watched the full 5hrs live. Hopefully they will address this and upload the full show after the live broadcast like they used to, otherwise i'll probably no longer bother with the show

I don’t have cable and I’m not going to pay to watch that show so..bye Ariel! Good luck<Fedor23>

His twitter threads are literally 98% of similar stuff to this, then 2% of people saying "great show".

Im telling you man.... they better get this right, or this will have been a terrible move. Good for ariels bank account, bad for everyone else.

Last edited:
hardcore fans will follow MMA anywhere. Regular dudes (and gals) who watch ESPN but aren't necessarily into fights will be exposed to new content and can potentially become new fans. It's all about expansion... closing in on soccer!

Plus I bet Ariel's payday is all the reason he needs.

Regular dudes and gals DON'T have ESPN+.
The ESPM+ demographic is more niche than the hardcore MMA demographic.

The people who are buying ESPN+ are the same folk who want to watch boxing and MMA that's going to be on the app.

Regular dudes and gals DON'T have ESPN+.
The ESPM+ demographic is more niche than the hardcore MMA demographic.

The people who are buying ESPN+ are the same folk who want to watch boxing and MMA that's going to be on the app.

Everyone knows that.

but ESPN is much bigger than MMAFighting.
Its a silly argument

Yeah. Television is pretty much a dying format. Even hardcore TV addicts stopped watching TV just because of the commercials and fake news. Now, there is quality content on TV but when people lose taste for something they tend to generalize and just ignore it all.

There's too many channels on TV and people don't know what to watch. So every network is just reruns of crime shows, and reality TV now. Not only are their competitors in the same category, but the same corporation will have multiple channels in the same category. So you end up with TV channels with no programming, just reruns. Fans really don't know what shows are on TV anymore unless they hear about it on the internet. Which is fine for the well-known shows, but not 80% of the others. I really think TV can be preserved and needs to be (online platforms simply can't compete with the amount of content that traditional TV/film produces, which keeps online platforms afloat), it just needs a complete restructuring. From the cable packages and their pricing, all the way to the programming blocks. They need to cut the fat.

Everyone knows that.

but ESPN is much bigger than MMAFighting.
Its a silly argument

Clearly the post I responded to didn't. How are "regular" people supposed to be "exposed" to MMA on there? The people subbing to it are actively looking for MMA or boxing. Or do you just quote posts to make non-sequiturs?

I'm guessing ESPN is way more well known than MMA Fighting.

Clearly the post I responded to didn't. How are "regular" people supposed to be "exposed" to MMA on there? The people subbing to it are actively looking for MMA or boxing. Or do you just quote posts to make non-sequiturs?

The post you replied to discussed ESPN
You brought up ESPN+

You failed 2x
Care to go for 3?

It's always been a dream of his. Ariel probably hopes he can move up the ESPN ladder. He is talented, and no matter how many Shertards bash him, nothing will change that.

Talented? No

The post you replied to discussed ESPN
You brought up ESPN+

You failed 2x
Care to go for 3?

You really counting internet points? {<doc}Take all the points, I didn't even know I wanted them. <36>

He mentioned ESPN but the OP (thread) is about ESPN+. Him and others are confusing the two.

Or are you saying ESPN is going to give their valuable TV time to a damn podcast/MMA show?

he's probably making alot more money but I bet once espn gets his audience over to their platform Ariel gets fired in a year and is back crying on mmafighting.

You really counting internet points? {<doc}

He mentioned ESPN but the OP (thread) is about ESPN+. Him and others are confusing the two.

Or are you saying ESPN is going to give their valuable TV time to a damn podcast/MMA show?

You are not bright at all

You replied to someone talking about all the exposure Ariel will get on ESPN as if he was only on ESPN+
By referencing the OP, you showed you are confused, because he is/was

The new version of the MMA Hour is NOT ... I will make it bigger for you NOT on ESPN+, but will be for free everywhere
The chael show is on ESPN+ only (for now)

Ariel will be the main MMA guy on ESPN covering the sport & all the publicity that comes with it.
The person you replied to (@YOLOGOGOPLATA ) made sense
You?
notsomuch
;)

PS ... the thread title says "ESPN" as well

Back