Ariel made a huge mistake leaving mma fighting for espn.

lol

ESPN is less coverage than youtube?

tenor.gif

It's behind a paywall though.

I don't know a single person who subrlscribes to any ESPN paid bullshit.

i agree that he and chael are both a huge joke

For starters it’ll look better on his resume to have worked for such a big scale company like ESPN.

Why don’t you think this new ESPN show won’t get as many viewers ?

I think TS is suggesting that the succes of MMA on ESPN is an unknown, where as the success of the MMA hour is confirmed to be very solid. For all we know, mainstream sports fans who watch ESPN will turn the shit off once Ariel comes on, or the hundreds of thousands of viewers from youtube won't pay for ESPN. Who knows.

I think TS is suggesting that the succes of MMA on ESPN is an unknown, where as the success of the MMA hour is confirmed to be very solid. For all we know, mainstream sports fans who watch ESPN will turn the shit off once Ariel comes on, or the hundreds of thousands of viewers from youtube won't pay for ESPN. Who knows.

ESPN spent $1.5b on MMA
They will be promoting & covering it
They are also selling the PPV's
Ariel is the main MMA guy for ESPN

It would be the worlds dumbest decision to say no to the biggest sports entity & their commitment to MMA

lol

ESPN is less coverage than youtube?

tenor.gif

Yeah. Television is pretty much a dying format. Even hardcore TV addicts stopped watching TV just because of the commercials and fake news. Now, there is quality content on TV but when people lose taste for something they tend to generalize and just ignore it all.

ESPN spent $1.5b on MMA
They will be promoting & covering it
They are also selling the PPV's
Ariel is the main MMA guy for ESPN

It would be the worlds dumbest decision to say no to the biggest sports entity & their commitment to MMA

Yes. I agree it's a pretty safe bet. I was just trying to look at it from a different angle—No matter how you look at it, it's risky to leave the CONFIRMED most successful MMA show, for a new venture with uncertain results.

Yeah. Television is pretty much a dying format.

Sherdog & the "dying" narrative is funny when numbers show otherwise

According to Nielsen’s National Television Household Universe Estimates, there are 119.6 million TV homes in the U.S. for the 2017-18 TV season.

The number of persons age 2 and older in U.S. TV Households is estimated to be 304.5 million, which represents a 0.9% increase from last year. Increases in U.S. Hispanic, black and Asian households were also seen, due to estimated increases in population growth and TV penetration.

Nielsen uses U.S. Census Bureau, combined with information from the national TV panel, to arrive at Advance TV Universe Estimates in early May. It then distributes final Universe Estimates before the start of each TV season.

Yes. I agree it's a pretty safe bet. I was just trying to look at it from a different angle—No matter how you look at it, it's risky to leave the CONFIRMED most successful MMA show, for a new venture with uncertain results.

It really isn't when you leave for much bigger alternatives.
His new "MMA hour" type show will reach a bigger audience due to ESPN promoting it
Then you have all the ESPN opportunities
A few people freaking bc the Chael show is on an OTT are typical of SD that cry about doom & gloom

It really isn't when you leave for much bigger alternatives.
His new "MMA hour" type show will reach a bigger audience due to ESPN promoting it
Then you have all the ESPN opportunities
A few people freaking bc the Chael show is on an OTT are typical of SD that cry about doom & gloom

It will reach a bigger audience, but will that bigger audience stick around and be apart of the fanbase?

Ariel already had a loyal fanbase.

Lke I said, it's probably a safe bet that he'll do well on ESPN, but there's always a risk with these type of decisions.

It will reach a bigger audience, but will that bigger audience stick around and be apart of the fanbase?

Ariel already had a loyal fanbase.

Lke I said, it's probably a safe bet that he'll do well on ESPN, but there's always a risk with these type of decisions.

You brought up his "loyal" fanbase
WTF would someone who watched it on MMAFightings YT not watch it on ESPN's YT?

UFC is dying.
So am I

You brought up his "loyal" fanbase
WTF would someone who watched it on MMAFightings YT not watch it on ESPN's YT?

I don't have cable or a t.v lol, so I won't be watching it.

Do you have YT on your comp/cell/tablet?

Youtube? Yeah, of course?

If ESPN is going to be airing the episodes for free on their youtube account, then everything I said before can be disregarded.

Youtube? Yeah, of course?

If ESPN is going to be airing the episodes for free on their youtube account, then everything I said before can be disregarded.

Not the Chael show (for now), but his new interview show will be
It might start of on the ESPN website but will eventually go to YT like other shows

Because the MMA hour was the most well known and established show in mma and it wasnt behind a paywall

It was the most well known and established show in mma because of Ariel. He's essentially just taking his show to ESPN, a much bigger platform, and calling it something else. FYI only the show with Chael is behind a paywall. His new podcast will be streamed live on Twitter.

Back