Ariel made a huge mistake leaving mma fighting for espn.

You are not bright at all

You replied to someone talking about all the exposure Ariel will get on ESPN as if he was only on ESPN+
By referencing the OP, you showed you are confused, because he is/was

The new version of the MMA Hour is NOT ... I will make it bigger for you NOT on ESPN+, but will be for free everywhere
The chael show is on ESPN+ only (for now)

Ariel will be the main MMA guy on ESPN covering the sport & all the publicity that comes with it.
The person you replied to made sense
You?
notsomuch
;)

You should stick to the discussion, instead of trying to measure brightness. That stuff is just jargon that really doesn't add anything, unless this is an ego thing which is more about you than me.

This "free everywhere" MMA Hour will be on ESPN 1 or 2 (TV), or on ESPN.com?
If it's the latter I don't see it "exposing" MMA to "regulars" any more than youtube does where the show frequently shows up on YT Trending.

You should stick to the discussion, instead of trying to decipher brightness. That stuff is just jargon that really doesn't add anything, unless this is an ego thing which is more about you than me.

This "free everywhere" MMA Hour will be on ESPN 1 or 2 (TV), or on ESPN.com? If it's the latter I don't see it "exposing" MMA to "regulars" any more than youtube does where the show frequently shows up on YT Trending.

Thank you for proving everything I said as correct.
You are uninformed & all over the place

Thank you for proving everything I said as correct.
You are uninformed & all over the place

Thanks for providing absolutely no insight.

I just logged on to the site after months. Here you are quoting me, but you provided no response of value. I recommend you actually stick to quoting people you're comfortable with actually sharing information with instead of your usual "I'm smarter than you!" nonsense.

Because the MMA hour was the most well known and established show in mma and it wasnt behind a paywall

No im not why does ariel need espn he doesnt he already had the biggest show in mma that he had full creative control of that wont be happening at his new gig

The "biggest show in MMA" isn't really a boast. At least at ESPN there'll be viewers of other sports becoming aware of, and possibly watching, his show, therefore giving him access to a wider audience. My band is on YouTube for example, it doesn't mean any one listens to them. Too wide a platform (plus we suck)

The "biggest show in MMA" isn't really a boast. At least at ESPN there'll be viewers of other sports becoming aware of, and possibly watching, his show, therefore giving him access to a wider audience. My band is on YouTube for example, it doesn't mean you any one listens to them. Too wide a platform (plus we suck)

The idea that going to the biggest sports network to cover MMA - after that network committed a $1.5B investment in the sport as a "bad idea" is insanity
lol

The idea that going to the biggest sports network to cover MMA - after that network committed a $1.5B investment in the sport as a "bad idea" is insanity
lol
I know. The MMA 5 Hours needed switching up a bit. I think this is best for all parties.

Can anyone explain to me what he hopes to gain from this move?

Guaranteed money from a contract with a large corporation.
He's probably getting paid more than he has for multiple years at MMA Fighting.

Plus it's a great resume builder if he leaves.
He can always return to MMA Fighting.
It was a smart move.

it makes no sense to me why he would leave an established show he created that many more people had acess to for a show on espn+

ESPN spent $1.5b on MMA
They will be promoting & covering it
They are also selling the PPV's
Ariel is the main MMA guy for ESPN
I think TS should update the OP to "Edit IN" this information here as an answer...

Most people are un-aware of the deal that ESPN just made & that pretty much explains why it's such a great move. It should also be noted that Ariel's "MMA Hour" (or whatever he calls his new show that will be exactly like his old show) will also stream for free just like it always has. So it's everything to gain & nothing to lose.

It was pretty brutal getting through this thread with everyone going every which way when this right here explains everything. If that's too easy for Sherdog... then everyone just carry on bickering about it & ignore this message.

I think TS should update the OP to "Edit IN" this information here as an answer... since most people are un-aware of the deal that ESPN just made. It should also be noted that Ariel's "MMA Hour" (or whatever he calls his new show that will be exactly like his old show) will also stream for free just like it always has.

It was pretty brutal getting through this thread with everyone going every which way when this right here explains everything. If that's too easy for Sherdog... then everyone just carry on bickering about it & ignore this message.

That would take some admitting they were wrong or uninformed & only a small % do on the internet.

It comes down to the rush to be negative. Who needs correct info when you can be negative? lol

That would take some admitting they were wrong or uninformed & only a small % do on the internet.

It comes down to the rush to be negative. Who needs correct info when you can be negative? lol
Oh yeah, F*ck that real information. the UFC is dying yeah?

The simple fact is ESPN doesn’t give two shit about MMA. His show will flop and he will crawl back to MMA fighting

The simple fact is ESPN doesn’t give two shit about MMA. His show will flop and he will crawl back to MMA fighting

Huh?
They committed to give $1.5b "shits" about MMA

In a thread where there are a lot of incorrect info, you might have the craziest post

It's behind a paywall though.

I don't know a single person who subrlscribes to any ESPN paid bullshit.
That’s what we call living in a bubble. While viewership is decreasing there are still so many viewers out there you should know someone.

Sherdog & the "dying" narrative is funny when numbers show otherwise

According to Nielsen’s National Television Household Universe Estimates, there are 119.6 million TV homes in the U.S. for the 2017-18 TV season.

The number of persons age 2 and older in U.S. TV Households is estimated to be 304.5 million, which represents a 0.9% increase from last year. Increases in U.S. Hispanic, black and Asian households were also seen, due to estimated increases in population growth and TV penetration.

Nielsen uses U.S. Census Bureau, combined with information from the national TV panel, to arrive at Advance TV Universe Estimates in early May. It then distributes final Universe Estimates before the start of each TV season.
I am in no way arguing with you on the main subject. I think it’s a good move to go to ESPN for all the reasons you outlined before.

But I do find these numbers disingenuous. While notional number of viewers went up, I’d be hard pressed to imagine revenue per person stayed flat or didn’t fall by a greater percentage than that growth. There is zero question market share is being gobbled up by online services and the total pie hasn’t grown to outpace that shortfall.

I also believe if you look at average income of remaining viewers, I’d imagine it’s a lot lower. Which eventually will bleed to how much advertising time is worth. I don’t think that has happened yet but in due time there will be a correction.

In the current landscape of media it makes no sense to me why he would leave an established show he created that many more people had acess to for a show on espn+.

Theres no way he will get even close to the viewership he had on the MMA Hour and i feel like chael is completley played out at this point and usually just talks complete nonsense.

Can anyone explain to me what he hopes to gain from this move?

It's like going from having the top position at a startup tech company where you can do whatever you want to landing a very decent position at a mammoth like Apple. Sure he's not the top dog at ESPN but the his glass ceiling at ESPN just went much higher. It's much better for his career exposure and opens up way more opportunities down the line.

I agree from a 'purest' perspective staying at MMAFighting is probably the best because there are less high level suites watching over him and his control over his product at VOX media was all his. The ESPN gig is a little more up in the air on this.

I am in no way arguing with you on the main subject. I think it’s a good move to go to ESPN for all the reasons you outlined before.

But I do find these numbers disingenuous. While notional number of viewers went up, I’d be hard pressed to imagine revenue per person stayed flat or didn’t fall by a greater percentage than that growth. There is zero question market share is being gobbled up by online services and the total pie hasn’t grown to outpace that shortfall.

I also believe if you look at average income of remaining viewers, I’d imagine it’s a lot lower. Which eventually will bleed to how much advertising time is worth. I don’t think that has happened yet but in due time there will be a correction.

Nobody is arguing that traditional TV is less the norm
But it is far from "dying" was/is the point

But I do disagree about income of remaining viewers.
The reason why TV gets such high ad rev still is due to the opposite of what you think.

The younger demo's are where TV is less important & they are not the higher profile that advertisers pay for.

Back