Are you going to watch the eclipse on Monday?

I really appreciate this firsthand photos gives the rest the perspective how it looked like in your respective zones!
It was even more of a sliver here about 15 minutes before, like what you see in John Barker's photo.. it just couldn't get a good shot through the clouds fast enough or the light fucked up the lens on my cell camera and distorted the pic.

It was even more of a sliver here about 15 minutes before, like what you see in John Barker's photo.. it just couldn't get a good shot through the clouds fast enough or the light fucked up the lens on my cell camera and distorted the pic.
I had the same happen to me but finally got a stood shot, the cloud actually helped focus I believe

That's how my picture that I tried to take through a plate of welding glass turned out: an eclipse and then slightly to the side of it a blazing normal looking sun. Very odd effect that I can't really explain since to the naked eye through the welding glass it just looked like an yellow disk about 3/4 covered by the moon.

Resized_20170821_143503.jpg

Watched it in Terrebonne Oregon this morning. Drove up from California on Thursday to beat the traffic. We had a little family reunion aunts, uncles, cousin's. Lots of food and poker.
The event was awesome! Seeing the eclipse in totality was more spectacular than I thought it would be. I got to take off the glasses for one minute fifteen seconds and see it in all its glory. It got dark and cold. So worth the drive!

21013827_10155197479727639_6018608510216498579_o.jpg

20989052_10155197483597639_7233387049645478262_o.jpg

Took like over 400 photos with my DSLR and a solar filter. Unfortunately I had to use the lens that came with it since my long range lens broke

Drove about 300 miles to see it. Holy fuck it was incredible. Will post pics when I get home

Finally found a good use for reebok products.

5M0rbPU.jpg

VIdHOn3.jpg

Camera would not focus well
u409sxh.jpg

bjj036.gif

zTtA2rX.jpg

Finally found a good use for reebok products.

5M0rbPU.jpg

VIdHOn3.jpg

Camera would not focus well
u409sxh.jpg

bjj036.gif

zTtA2rX.jpg
Pretty awesome what you did to be able to take the photograph and view the Eclipse. Also when Trump was looking up at the Eclipse without any special glasses or anything one of his staffers yelled "Don't Look!" lol

Cool pic bruh!

That's crazy tho I'm in North Durham and its a clear blue sky here.
I tried taking pics with my iphone through my eclipse glasses but it just looks like a regular sun.

Oh nice! I am just north as well pretty much in Rouge., it was just that one cloud that came through at just the right time so I wheeled over on 501 and snapped it

Cool pic bruh!

That's crazy tho I'm in North Durham and its a clear blue sky here.
I tried taking pics with my iphone through my eclipse glasses but it just looks like a regular sun.
In order to properly take a photo of the Eclipse you need to change settings on your phone in regards to exposure, aperture, ISO and so on. I tried to do it with my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge without changing any settings and all I got was the regular Sun. I had my DSLR all setup though and with the proper manual settings and it worked like a charm

Back