Anyone here wished they were Russians

I'm sure there are a lot of Russians that wish they were born here in the America of the US.

Russian citizens are poor. Its economy sucks balls. The gdp per capita is $8.5 to 10k USD depending on estimates. I don't think people really get how broken and badly run Russia is.
How much time have you spent there and in what areas?

I’ve worked in Siberia for two years on and off , my coworkers make a good living for themselves.

Sure there is poverty there but everywhere that is true. I could transfer there fully and live better there with what I do with cost of living.

didn't the Russian Reserve Fund run out in Jan of 2018?

tenor.gif

Nein!
German Master Race wannabe checking in

not srs

Only once, the first time I saw Rocky IV. Drago’s wife was hot.

russia is too large and expansive to be one solid entity. if anything, russia should be divided into many different countries, for better management and care for it's people.

no, europe isn't a shithole. but it was in a lot better shape, even twenty years ago. european culture is changing. not that change is bad, but the change isn't at the request of the citizens. haven't been back to europe since 07'. i'm sure it has changed a lot, even in those 11 years.

If you haven't been there recently I can't tell you how.

I live there and it's fine. If you listen to the loudest voices I guess you might think it's got worse but really that's just in the ghettos and hardly even there.

You can't tell how because you don't know.

I guess you'd have to have seen what England and France were like over the last 30 years to get a good idea. All I see is the same shit but now we got mobile phones.

Apparently Russia wants to reboot Seagals film career but they are waiting to gauge the success of Donny's pee tapes

they have to invade other countries or have exclaves just to have a warm water port ffs
but ignoring that, it would certainly be cool to visit. I tried once, but a State Dept travel advisory got me good
You're white though. It shouldn't be that bad for you.

I was there 12 years ago. It was like the whole country was controlled by organized crime and private property rights were nonexistant. I've never seen anything like it. We were looking to do some business and were told in advance how much uncirculated cash to bring for payoffs. Inspectors signing off on inspections without even leaving their office to conduct said inspections (as long as you had $500 a pop). We had fun but there was no way in hell we were going to invest there. On a lighter note:

You're white though. It shouldn't be that bad for you.
i think that was only due to posturing before the Crimea 'annexation'

I got 86'd on going to Egypt and Morocco b/c of Arab Spring, wasn't allowed to go to Istanbul either.

Oh well, Prague and Budapest went mad hard

Back